XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

On 7/31/2018 at 2:05 AM, summersoff7 said:

procedural move.  he'll be ready in August 2019

Seems about right

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2018 at 9:31 AM, STLSU said:

Josh Donaldson I hate you for tying up a roster spot.  What the hell is wrong with you???  I do hope you recover but what a pain it is to roster you and wait.  

I hope you used a DL slot on him and didn't keep him on our active roster this whole time.  And in redraft leagues with DL slot overflows?  Well he was pretty droppable early on given his poor play before this latest DL stint.

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I hope you used a DL slot on him and didn't keep him on our active roster this whole time.  And in redraft leagues with DL slot overflows?  Well he was pretty droppable early on given his poor play before this latest DL stint.

We added 2 roster spots instead of DL spots.  We will be changing them to DL spots next year.  

@bnicholsonsmith
FollowFollow @bnicholsonsmith
More

#BlueJaysTorontoBlueJays2018_v3.png say it's status quo for Josh Donaldson right now. That means he's working out and running, but not yet sprinting. Club hopes he can begin sprinting soon. That'd be a precursor to rehab games

1:34 PM - 7 Aug 2018

7 replies9 retweets29 likes

Retweet

Direct message

ScottyTweet text

Replying to @bnicholsonsmith

Worse calf strain in the history of sports!

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Sooo....next spring maybe?

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message
  1. New conversation
    •  

Really think JD has no intention of coming back till after next trade deadline. I believe this is a calculated action by both his self and agent. Or the worst calf injury ever.

2 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message
    •  

You figured it out. He’s going to miss almost all of this season and most of next season intentionally. ??‍♂️

Retweet

Direct message
    • End of conversation

Well, he’ll always have 2015...

Retweet

Direct message

Retweet

Direct message

Should be ready game 1 of the World Series.

Retweet

Direct message

If I was Donaldson I would be nursing this injury right to the end of the season. Get healthy, sign the qualifying offer for next year and bet on yourself. Maybe he has a decent year and gets a 2 or 3 contract. I’m not sure he has another option at this point? Unless he were to come back right now and immediately light the world on fire he hasn’t anything to gain at the moment.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

If I was Donaldson I would be nursing this injury right to the end of the season. Get healthy, sign the qualifying offer for next year and bet on yourself. Maybe he has a decent year and gets a 2 or 3 contract. I’m not sure he has another option at this point? Unless he were to come back right now and immediately light the world on fire he hasn’t anything to gain at the moment.

Tend to agree with this.  It's a lost season.  JD is a fierce competitor but I'm sure he also knows this is a lost season for the team, and for him in a contract year.  It's really a big gamble by him.  It would seem there would be a better off-season market for him if he came back and was productive, but if he came back and was not producing and/or re-injured himself I think his stock would drop even more.   The team also has a real dilemma, because they want Vlad up next year and have a log jam elsewhere.  They want to get younger on this re-build, but I'm sure they also don't want to lose JD for nothing.  That said, if they do offer him a QO, I do think there is a realistic chance he accepts it.  If he did come back, you really don't know what you are getting at this point and it does seem to interfere with the term's long term goal.  Obviously, they would hope he rejects it and is signed elsewhere so they land a decent compensation pick.   

Anyone with some recent news on JD's workout's now that he is "ramping them up" as they say? This has to be the worst calf injury in the history of calf injuries......

I think he should have been dropped a long time ago in roto. H2H, I could see holding this long if you're safe for the playoffs. Personally, I dropped him a while back in h2h and just now stashed him again. No one even wanted him.

He's 93% owned in CBS so must be mostly dynasty formats.  I know I will try to move him offseason.

What the hell is the deal with this dude? Is he starting a rehab assignment this week or what? Who do we think may trade for him once hes reinstated? 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

I wonder if the Blue Jays give him his own parking space at the stadium or if he just uses one of the handicap spots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Pretty sure this guy died trying to run the bases.

Nah, after ramping things up, he's still on his way to first base. I'll update you once he gets there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pathetic sums up his 2018 season

Is he going to post another video on Instagram about how he is preparing to prepare?