XxxOilOverloadxxX

Josh Donaldson 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 hours ago, cs3 said:

Super Joint...

Was this a reference to the OP or Donaldson’s shoulder?

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

Felt great... Reportedly... On Thursday.  I haven't seen anything since. 

I guess he's out of weekly lineups next week unless we hear something tomorrow morning. 

Edited by kittenmittons

What us the normal turnaround time on return from inflammation?  Is there is an impingement?  Could rip muscles if so.  

JD may be rushing this due to his FA status.  

Out of the lineup today. I guess reports last week that he'd come off the DL today were wrong.

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

Out of the lineup today. I guess reports last week that he'd come off the DL today were wrong.

which report was it? I was searching news for Donaldson everyday and today's news was the first one since last week

Just now, Markillies said:

which report was it? I was searching news for Donaldson everyday and today's news was the first one since last week

Yeah, I don’t think the team announced anything other than to say he wouldn’t be back after the minimum 10 days.

There were a couple of rotowire blurbs last week speculating that the Jays were "targeting Tuesday" for his return. The latest today is that he's looking at a rehab assignment later this week.

Are other teams really interested - particularly NL teams - in a 3B that can't throw?

If there is all of this interest in him it doesn't really add up considering he is incapable of throwing a baseball. 

I'm not an Einstein or anything so naturally I'm confused that somehow he's being targeted in trade when he can't play his own position. Unless his injury is a total farce and the Jays are just trying to trade him while simultaneously running his trade value into a ditch?

How is his value enhanced by the fact he's sidelined with an undefined injury to his shoulder (no structural damage) that saps his ability to throw a baseball? Is this a trade target? - quite the opposite imo.

11 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

How is his value enhanced by the fact he's sidelined with an undefined injury to his shoulder (no structural damage) that saps his ability to throw a baseball? Is this a trade target? - quite the opposite imo.

Jays called it a case of dead arm when he hit the DL and he has started throwing again.  They are certainly not trying to diminish his trade value. 

2 minutes ago, 80version said:

Jays called it a case of dead arm when he hit the DL and he has started throwing again.  They are certainly not trying to diminish his trade value. 

Actually, officially tagged with “inflammation” but JD himself conceded he was working through a dead arm phase prior to getting DL’d.  In any case he’d have to show his ability at 3B again (don’t forget his glove is pretty damn good) before NL teams take the bait which I have to believe is Toronto’s real intention. 

• Like 1

Actually it makes sense to get him all good right now. Get him completely healthy and extract max trade value later this summer. 

Also explains why they put him on the DL , instead of playing him as DH. You have to admit that was bizarre when they did it (they preferred Morales hitting .182/.245/.273 over Donaldson at DH).

Edited by screaming_vultures

Not sure Toronto would deal him if they're still competitive for a WC slot.  Either way I doubt they even think about whether to move him until June/July when there is more clarity about their level of competitiveness. 

Nearly a month out of action which is exactly what I said it'd be   

1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

"Likely" to be activated tomorrow.

disregard my ?...just saw it on their PR page. thanks!

Edited by WTP333

Batting 2nd starting at 3B. Good to see they aren't just sticking him at DH. Maybe the second game today they will.