phatrat

Corey Dickerson 2018 Outlook

On 2/19/2018 at 4:33 AM, CORTEz said:

I may be finding a new team to root for, because right now our starting "heart of the lineup" 3,4,5 hitters are looking like Souza, Schimpf and Cron....

#yuck

Ah, the glory days when you could cheer on Souza in the middle of your order...

• Haha 2

Corey will definitely be a target of mine this year. I do think Corey is due to regress some (that 2nd half last season was.. not good). However, there should be some good power numbers, with the short field in right at PNC Park. That BABIP is for sure getting corrected though. If you can grab him late, I'd pull the trigger. Obviously we know, if you're in H2H he can probably win you weeks. 

29 minutes ago, CurvePirate814 said:

Corey will definitely be a target of mine this year. I do think Corey is due to regress some (that 2nd half last season was.. not good). However, there should be some good power numbers, with the short field in right at PNC Park. That BABIP is for sure getting corrected though. If you can grab him late, I'd pull the trigger. Obviously we know, if you're in H2H he can probably win you weeks. 

Is that much of a difference between PNC Park and Tropicana Field to make a difference?
Tropicana is 370 power alley and 322 down the line
PNC Park is 375 power alley and 320 down  the line
I think those dimensions are correct.  
I am concerned with playing time and a possible platoon situation.

28 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

Is that much of a difference between PNC Park and Tropicana Field to make a difference?
Tropicana is 370 power alley and 322 down the line
PNC Park is 375 power alley and 320 down  the line
I think those dimensions are correct.  
I am concerned with playing time and a possible platoon situation.

Thanks for the info, I was unsure of the dimensions of Trop.

There's a possible situation for reduced playing time when Meadows is ready sometime this year, but until then I think playing time is pretty clear for him. Frazier shouldn't be a threat, Harrison either, Sean Rodriguez is a utility guy. I don't see anything standing in his way until Austin Meadows arrives.

Edited by CurvePirate814
  • Like 1

He's a clear starter with some pop - that's worth something. But his gains against lefties last year appear to be a little flukey with BABIP.

Where will he be batting in the order? I think 5th? (behind Harrison, Polanco, Marte and Bell)? With decent guys like Cervelli, Moran/Freese and Mercer still driving him in. Not bad

Edited by PPolanco

Didn't think much of him early on but ended on a bunch of my teams as a late option. He should be good especially in daily formats where you can bench him against lefties. Should be able to give mid round value on days RHPs are starting.

Yup looking at him big time. Pirates have a sneaky good lineup. It is down to him or David Peralta for me 

44 minutes ago, JuicyJ said:

Looks like he's sitting today :(

Just an off day against a lefty apparently.

21 hours ago, JuicyJ said:

What kind of numbers can we expect by years end?

I'd be ecstatic with 20 or so HRs, 80 RBis and .270-.280 ish AVG. Seems attainable to me if he stays healthy. 

It would appear he’s turning back into a pumpkin. 0/11 in his last 3 games after riding an 11 game hit streak.

If I remember correctly, last year was his best season. If he stays healthy I'm expecting another good year. He'll break out of mini slump. He probably went undrafted in many leagues, he should end up a great FA add this year.

Does anybody have some background info on Dickerson? His K% is way way down at 9,5%( low/mid 20 was his norm previous years). Rest of numbers look normal to me.

Did he change something or is this just SSS case?

3 hours ago, Pap said:

Does anybody have some background info on Dickerson? His K% is way way down at 9,5%( low/mid 20 was his norm previous years). Rest of numbers look normal to me.

Did he change something or is this just SSS case?

I'm wondering the same thing.  I actually didn't notice his K's were as low as they are until I read his latest Rotworld blurb today.  He's been hitting good all season, so it's hard to believe it's a fluke.  I know he tanked badly in the second half of last season, but he's been better than ever so far this season.

Another big night with 4 hits. Guy is one of the hottest hitters in baseball. Hoping he can keep it up.

He's choking way up on the bat with 2 strikes. He's chasing pitches out of the zone less, but his contact rate is really what's helping with the decrease in strikeouts so far

Yeah, how is no one talking about this guy. His change in approach has made him a legit .300+, dare I say it... .315ish hitter now. Contact rates are through the roof as well as swstr % is WAY down not sacrificing anything in the batted ball profile or with how hard he is hitting the ball now.

I'm trying to buy him high in all formats.