bbythepier

Wil Myers 2018 Outlook

I wanna trade him away. No takers...

Let me send around the league a clip of his 3 homer game hahaha.

14 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

I wanna trade him away. No takers...

Let me send around the league a clip of his 3 homer game hahaha.

Well you may be asking for too much. He just got back so people are going to want to wait and see how he does before they give up value for him. So far he's been great since he returned, so I don't think you're in that bad of spot. The guy produces counting stats when he plays.

I really think the whining on here regarding his injuries has been overblown and it's a bit ridiculous.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Well you may be asking for too much. He just got back so people are going to want to wait and see how he does before they give up value for him. So far he's been great since he returned, so I don't think you're in that bad of spot. The guy produces counting stats when he plays.

I really think the whining on here regarding his injuries has been overblown and it's a bit ridiculous.

Admittedly I was one of those guys. I still have concerns but I have been eating crow lately and I’m happy to do so as long as he is producing. 

I wasn’t concerned about his ability but more so his recent injury/injury history. 

1. In the past he hasn’t held up when playing the outfield for extended periods of time. He was fine when he was playing first base. That’s why I hated the Hosmer signing. 

2. His oblique injury, Those can linger for a long time for some players. Look at Haniger last year. He started off great and then had an oblique injury and he didn’t look the same for the rest of the year. 

As long as he is healthy I think he will finish the season strong. 

5 HRs in the last 3 games, I like what I'm seeing it would be great to see him finish the year healthy

Locked in.  He is hitting balls out that aren't even in the strike zone.

On 7/10/2018 at 1:07 AM, footy1 said:

5 HRs in the last 3 games, I like what I'm seeing it would be great to see him finish the year healthy

6 homers in the last 4 games now.

6 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

Holy moly the strikeouts lately!!  Come on Wil with one L, get it together my son.

He's striking out like 25% of the time this season, which is right around his career norms.

Per Rotowire:

Myers left Thursday's game against the Cubs with a left foot contusion.

He was 0-for-3 before leaving before the bottom of the sixth inning with the bruised foot. Travis Jankowski replaced him in left field. Myers has already missed 56 games due to injury this season. It's unclear exactly how Myers suffered the injury.
Edited by Morat

1 hour ago, Morat said:
Per Rotowire:

Myers left Thursday's game against the Cubs with a left foot contusion.

He was 0-for-3 before leaving before the bottom of the sixth inning with the bruised foot. Travis Jankowski replaced him in left field. Myers has already missed 56 games due to injury this season. It's unclear exactly how Myers suffered the injury.

Left in a walking boot and getting a MRI.

Fouled a ball off it.

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

What exactly could be wrong with him if the x rays are negative and he got hurt on a foul ball?? 

It’s Will Myers. He could need an amputation for all we know. He’s made of paper thin glass. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Stickfig13 said:

It’s Will Myers. He could need an amputation for all we know. He’s made of paper thin glass. 

I mean, yea I get it... people whine about how he’s injury prone. But I’m seriously asking... if he fouled a ball off of his foot and X-Rays came back negative, that means nothing is broken.... what are further tests going to show? It’s not like it’s a muscular injury where a MRI would be necessary, but they are given him that and a CT scan?

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I mean, yea I get it... people whine about how he’s injury prone. But I’m seriously asking... if he fouled a ball off of his foot and X-Rays came back negative, that means nothing is broken.... what are further tests going to show? It’s not like it’s a muscular injury where a MRI would be necessary, but they are given him that and a CT scan?

An MRI is a more detailed look. They probably want to rule everything out because they have to protect their sweet snowflake. 

Blows my mind, dude you fouled a ball off your foot, you didnt break anything, stop being so soft every player has done this, get the F out of a dang walking boot jesus

He has either a really low pain threshold and it is not serious or he is out for the year.

Myers slated to undergo tests on bruised foot

By Matthew Martell  MLB.com
12:00 AM EDT

CHICAGO -- Padres left fielder Wil Myers was removed in the sixth inning of Thursday night's 6-1 win over the Cubs with a left foot contusion.

Myers fouled a ball off his foot during his final at-bat, which resulted in a 6-4-3 double play to end the top of the fifth inning. X-rays came back negative, but he will undergo additional tests on Friday morning and is considered day to day.

Myers remained in the game on defense in the bottom of the fifth, but he was removed after Austin Hedges' three-run homer in the sixth gave the Padres a 3-1 lead in the series opener at Wrigley Field. Travis Jankowski took over in left field."It definitely hurts right now," Myers said. "Definitely was not a normal foul ball off the foot. There was definitely something it hit that did not feel good."

"I went out there on defense and was like, 'Man, I hope a ball does not get hit here,' just because of the pain level," Myers said. "Right now, all we can do is wait for tomorrow and see what happens there on the testing."

Padres manager Andy Green said the foul ball got Myers in the middle of his foot, and at times, the pain from that lingers for a little while, even if there's nothing significantly wrong with the bone itself.

"Hopefully he's back ready to play with us really quickly, if not tomorrow, the next day," Green said. "We're going to run some more tests and see how he responds."

Matthew Martell is a reporter for MLB.com based in Chicago.

https://www.mlb.com/news/wil-myers-sustains-left-foot-injury-vs-cubs/c-288620760

Edited by B&F