bbythepier

Wil Myers 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, B&F said:

He has either a really low pain threshold and it is not serious or he is out for the year.

https://www.mlb.com/news/wil-myers-sustains-left-foot-injury-vs-cubs/c-288620760

I am just absolutely clueless on what the injury could be other than a bruise, since the X-rays came back negative. Mind boggling..hopefully, it's precautionary, but if not, bummer, because Myers is good.

7 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I am just absolutely clueless on what the injury could be other than a bruise, since the X-rays came back negative. Mind boggling..hopefully, it's precautionary, but if not, bummer, because Myers is good.

There is a difference between a out tissue type bruise and a bone deeper bruise - the latter is more painful and recovery is more like a bad sprain.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

See Tommy Pham. Every now and then an x-ray misses a fracture so sometimes they order additional tests if they’re still suspicious of a fracture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

See Tommy Pham. Every now and then an x-ray misses a fracture so sometimes they order additional tests if they’re still suspicious of a fracture.

Yep...Just saw this and was about to post it. Thanks.

Andy Greene said further testing revealed a bone bruise. No fracture.

Time table to return - Day to Dead.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I hope he can avoid the DL

With his track record..I"d be surprised if he doesn't miss the rest of the season.

• Like 1

This guy is the biggest tit in baseball.  Won’t even sniff my top 100 next year.  Top 150 would be generous.

Edited by DemOrioles

Ugh. Not now.

Good lord, Wil. Going on the DL every time you have a bruise isn’t going to help your rep as the softest player in baseball. Welcome to my forever do not draft list.

Franmil Reyes or Corey Spangenberg will now be called into more action. Reyes was the hot pickup earlier this year and Spangenberg had a very promising 2017 campaign as a player who could give some power and stolen bases. Neither have done much this year. 

Edited by kwolf68

3 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Do you know this is a fantasy baseball message board? Complaining is inherent. 

This guy has a bruised foot...forgive us if we think he’s soft. 

Obviously you've never had a contusion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Obviously you've never had a contusion. 

First, I’m not a professional athlete so maybe I haven’t. 

Second, I’m comping him against all the other guys who fouled balls off their foot this year. Not many have gone to the DL. 

32 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Franmil Reyes or Corey Spangenberg will now be called into more action. Reyes was the hot pickup earlier this year and Spangenberg had a very promising 2017 campaign as a player who could give some power and stolen bases. Neither have done much this year. 

Par for the course owning Padres.  This year when I got my draft board together I immediately crossed off all Padres.  Seems like forever since this team had a formidable major league lineup.

31 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Second, I’m comping him against all the other guys who fouled balls off their foot this year. Not many have gone to the DL. 

Don't need to be a pro to get a contusion and ha e it knock you out. Also keep in mind that Myers doesn't decide if he goes on the DL, the Padres do. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

And all foul balls off feet are the exact same?  Hit the exact same spot within a millimeter?  With the same velocity?  Same angle?  Yeah, sure.  Haha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stickfig13 said:

Do you know this is a fantasy baseball message board? Complaining is inherent. 

This guy has a bruised foot...forgive us if we think he’s soft. 

I own him too. He got injured this year. It is what it is. People on here whine like pansies. How many years have you owned him? Cause you act like this is a yearly thing. 

The guy wants to be on the field. It’s not like he’s missing time on purpose to f--- over you s---y fantasy team.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I own him too. He got injured this year. It is what it is. People on here whine like pansies. How many years have you owned him? Cause you act like this is a yearly thing. 

The guy wants to be on the field. It’s not like he’s missing time on purpose to f--- over you s---y fantasy team.

He has played more than 90 games twice...

Edited by Stickfig13

I very surprised some of these posts are still viewable. I might as well add to the fire. 

i will call a player a bum he is done and why the hell I drafted so called bum but I won’t cry like a baby or whine when a player goes on the DL. 

Last 2 years, Myers was money ... if you drafted him it’s on you especially when you think he is injur6 prone

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

He has played more than 90 games twice...

But that is irrelevant. This whole "guys are injury-prone" thing is such a misnomer. Do you really think that any athlete wants to stay off the field?

A contusion is a bruise. When you actually think about what a bruise is, you realize that they aren't just a bump. A bruise is when the capillaries at the struck area are ruptured. Each one is different, depending on where you get hit. Fouling one off of your foot would extremely painful, and if you've ever played baseball you know that to swing a bat you use your entire body.

Here's the clip, with an article: https://www.mlb.com/news/wil-myers-sustains-left-foot-injury-vs-cubs/c-288620760

Read the article. Does that sound like a guy who can't wait to go on the DL? Hardly. Sounds like a dude who is genuinely hurt, and the SDP front office elected to DL him to add a bat.

24 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I very surprised some of these posts are still viewable. I might as well add to the fire. 

i will call a player a bum he is done and why the hell I drafted so called bum but I won’t cry like a baby or whine when a player goes on the DL. 

Last 2 years, Myers was money ... if you drafted him it’s on you especially when you think he is injur6 prone

This is the right attitude. Be ticked off at the circumstance, but calling a player out for getting hurt when he did nothing stupid, and then being placed on the DL by the team, is hilariously ignorant. 

• Like 2