bbythepier

Wil Myers 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

Scratched with a lacerated nose?  LOL!!!!

You can’t make this stuff up.  

When I saw the DTD, I thought "oh god, what now?" & after I read it I thought "Rotoworld's forums are gonna have a ball with this one" ... a friggin cut on his nose and he's DTD?! Really?

Edited by metropolitans

Well here are the details:

Wil Myers has been scratched from the Padres' lineup Wednesday due to a lacerated nose.

Myers suffered the injury when he got hit by a stray batting practice ball while standing near the third base bag ahead of Wednesday night's game at Coors Field. Cory Spangenberg is now starting at the hot corner and batting cleanup versus Rockies right-hander Jon Gray.

Source: San Diego Padres on Twitter                                       Aug 22 - 7:42 PM

I'm not into the injury prone stuff but even I have to double-take this injury.  Is he a ball magnet?  A klutz?  Do baseballs have a contract out on him for some reason?  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Haha 1

He managed to muster up enough strength to get a PH appearance today in Colorado.

He was so brave... battled through that cut on his nose to draw a walk

• Like 1

The most polarizing pedestrian player in fantasy.  Always a joy catching up on this thread.

It is going to be interesting to see where he is drafted next season.  

Based on name recognition I am sure someone in every league will draft him higher than he should be.

23 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

The most polarizing pedestrian player in fantasy.  Always a joy catching up on this thread.

Average of 29 homers and 24 SB in 2016 and 2017 is "predestrian"?  C'mon now, if healthy he's a top notch fantasy player, always the big question mark with him is the health though.

• Thanks 1

Have a feeling though he is about to go on a HR binge.

21 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Average of 29 homers and 24 SB in 2016 and 2017 is "predestrian"?  C'mon now, if healthy he's a top notch fantasy player, always the big question mark with him is the health though.

He was a 780/90ish OPS 1st baseman, steals are the only reason he was not "pedestrian".

Edited by Max Rockatansky

2 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

He was a 780/90ish OPS 1st baseman, steals are the only reason he was not "pedestrian".

Ok and?

I can't remember the last time I saw a player commit three errors in a game. 

Hopefully they give him time to stick there.  I hate seeming him run in the outfield.

1 hour ago, B&F said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a player commit three errors in a game. 

Hopefully they give him time to stick there.  I hate seeming him run in the outfield.

He matched that performance at the plate. 0-5, 3K, GDP

Edited by mavsfan23

Hopefully,  barring another injury, he gets to 20 games played at 3B this season so he's eligible there next year. Flexibility is always nice.

Sitting at 13 games played at 3B this year.

If a first baseman made of glass receives OF and 3B eligibility, does it make a sound?

I didn't know he got caught ripping the manager on a Fortnite :lol:

“Oh my God, bro, it’s so miserable, man. It’s insane. Andy cannot be any worse than he is right now.”

Myers should hear what I say about him on Fortnite

1 hour ago, papasmurf said:

Funny season.

Sad if he's on your team.

If he slips to 200 or lower next year, draft. Otherwise, pass.

Yea, if he is somewhere in the 100's, which he should be, I'm taking him. 200s lol that's ridiculous.

You can hate the guy and call him a pansy or whatever people in here like to irrationally do. But his 162 game numbers this year would average out to:

76 runs/24 home runs/78 RBI/22 SB/.251 average

He was injured this year. But the numbers were similar to what he usually does. Drafting that production at 200 or later is a flat out joke. He won't be there.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Myers' ADP of 68 this season was too rich for my blood, but I have a feeling I'll be back in for 2019.  He won't slip to 200 after coming into 2018 at 68 and adding 3B eligibility this year, but he did have some significant problems getting on the field prior to 2016 and 2017, so I think between the people who draft mostly based on what happened last year and the seasoned Myers owners who were bitten by his early career troubles, the discount will be significant.

I think a slip into the 120-130 range is likely, and at that price, I'll take the risk of another injury-riddled season except in the deepest of leagues where the replacement value would be too low.

• Like 2

I play in a keeper league, so there's a chance the team I dealt him to may keep him so he won't be draftable anyway. But if he's available, I will have him ranked after 200 in my draft list. I realize he probably won't last that long cuz people will be thinking 20-20, so he won't be on my team but I am totally ok with that. 

• Like 1

The issue this year has been health, he has played about 1/2 a season...and if you double his numbers:

22HR, 72RBI 20SB 70Runs  - his ratio stats are in the neighborhood of where they have been, he has had some ugly stretches, but he always does he also has some ridiculous hot streaks as well.  Like TonyCPS mentioned, baseball you usually get some value when guys get injured because their numbers look like a major drop off.  Add in a guy who can be 20-20 at 3B?  He will be a target of mine in the auction for sure. 

He is so injury prone I assume 80 games missed.