bbythepier

Wil Myers 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

There’s some guys that just don’t heal, and he is one of them.  Every injury turns into a big ordeal. I avoided him this but attracted plenty similar ones in his place.  Next year I’ll have Myers, Cespedes, Pollock, Miguel Cabrera etc on my do not draft unless massive bargain ensues list.  I don’t like taking guys off my board and everyone has a price.  But these guys just have way to much drama.  It’s rhe same story over and over and over and over.  Their bodies just can’t hold up.

Do you have nothing better to do than go around to every player thread saying "i told you so". Jesus. This is bro logic if i've ever seen it.

No, i'm not holding on to him. We don't even know what we're going to get when he's healthy. I'm not having him take up a DL spot until mid July (probably late July) just so he can hit .250 in August and September. I've moved on from this waste of a draft pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

Do you have nothing better to do than go around to every player thread saying "i told you so". Jesus. This is bro logic if i've ever seen it.

No, i'm not holding on to him. We don't even know what we're going to get when he's healthy. I'm not having him take up a DL spot until mid July (probably late July) just so he can hit .250 in August and September. I've moved on from this waste of a draft pick.

Still mad about Felix’s 6 ERA into June I see.  Cut Myers, but keep Felix.  Classic.  Remind me to not take roster advice from you.  

On 5/29/2018 at 11:03 PM, papasmurf said:

Probably AS break. Too many opportunities for a setback. it's very easy to get a triceps sprain while brushing teeth.

Not to mention you could crack your elbow everytime you put on a pair of pants.

And don't even get me started on allergies!  Sneeze the wrong way and the season could be done. Sneezes are murder on rib cages boy.

Hate to piss on the dude while he's no doubt just very frustrated about being on the shelf, but July I think is the optimistic scenario. It's about 50-50 if he plays another 10 games this year.

I made the quoted post when the word was maybe mid-June.

Wil Myers Bold Prediction for the next 5 years. As long as he is playing the OF he won’t play more than 100 games in a season. 

I worry this injury is going to linger even after he comes back from the DL. I’m prepared for a 8/8  season.

Edited by Under500Forever

19 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

You can’t predict injuries I get that.  It’s more so just the probability of it lingering.  Not trying to take a piss on owners here, but look in late April when it was announced.  People were saying 2-3 weeks.  Now it’s being stretched into July. To each is there own, but to me I’d much rather try to bank on the type of production these type of guys provide at safer investments.  

Yea, it’s not good. But I did expect him to miss a lot of time due to it being an oblique injury. At no point did I expect him to come back after two weeks like he originally said. 

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Thanks 1

So the word is he will start rehab.

What are the odds he  actually makes it back to the bigs before getting hurt again? 20%?

I mean, he DOES have to move a little bit when he plays in a game. Chances of getting hurt everywhere.

Edited by papasmurf

On June 1, 2018 at 3:29 PM, STLSU said:

Lack of concentration leads to injury as well.  Myers still has this issue that always spirals him further down the drain, so to speak internally.  

Then there is the "working hard but not smart" syndrome.  Now he has bigger muscles and can't rely on HGH to heal more quickly.  Probably these muscles are too big for his tendons ligs and cartilage to support.

Is this a serious post? Honest question because I am working on a trade for him and if he is some big dummy who took steroids I'll prob stay away you know?

So he "could" be back this weekend.

Rationally that's a good thing, but emotionally I dunno. Imagine you think he's finally gonna at least play 20 games and 3rd AB and he twists his ankle going down the dugout steps. If he's just out for good and you fuhget about it, then your team just goes on without him instead of this up and down stuff.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:29 PM, treyjuice said:

Is this a serious post? Honest question because I am working on a trade for him and if he is some big dummy who took steroids I'll prob stay away you know?

The 2nd paragraph is just a simple rehtorical hypothetical.  

This guy is healing at a snail's pace a la Donaldson.

So I saw that he will be in the lineup today so I dropped a dude to make room for him. Then I realized I should have seen the lineup first...

Still 50-50 whether he will actually play tonight. Lots of opportunities to get injured on the way to the park, and during warmups, etc.

• Like 1

I'm not going to be negative about him. I'm just glad he's back. Hopefully he has a good second half.

Edited by hangin n wangin

2 hours ago, papasmurf said:

So I saw that he will be in the lineup today so I dropped a dude to make room for him. Then I realized I should have seen the lineup first...

Still 50-50 whether he will actually play tonight. Lots of opportunities to get injured on the way to the park, and during warmups, etc.

He's ready to go homie.  Batting lead off against MadBum.

No OF eligibility in Espn? Has a combined 10 starts ( one LF and nine RF )

I’m scared to read anything about him today in fear that he has already hit the DL again...

Gives him some credit. He made it back.

If he lasts to the AS Break that would be a major win. Just keep him away from wet floors and banana peels... And anything sharp or heavy or even can fall on people.

Hell put him in a goddam bubble until the game.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

No OF eligibility in Espn? Has a combined 10 starts ( one LF and nine RF )

He just got OF eligibility in ESPN.

49 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

He just got OF eligibility in ESPN.

Not in my league and we just use the OF slot. This is bs if I need to wait until he gets 10 in a particular slot

8 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Man he was more useful on the dl not wasting a roster spot. 

To be fair, he's faced like a million lefties since he's returned.

8 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Man he was more useful on the dl not wasting a roster spot. 

You seem pretty deadset on hating Myers this season. You could always just drop him and stop wasting everyone's time. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

To be fair, he's faced like a million lefties since he's returned.

He bats right handed. Supposed to hit lefties better. Dunno if he has a reverse split.

Adifazio, dunno how big a league you play in, maybe you can drop anyone underperforming. I play in a 16 team one. Dropping is not an option.