GrapeJuice

Vince Velasquez 2018 Outlook

I was wondering if someone would be willing to swing by my place and kick me in the grapes when I'm about to pull the trigger on this guy toward the end of my draft?

He shouldn't be drafted, right? Please, my anonymous internet friends, save me from myself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

After hearing Phils brass speak the past few days, the upside luster has clearly worn off. 

Million dollar arm with a ten cent brain 

Seems like he’d be better in long relief or closing, always seems to dominate the first three innings but the 2nd and 3rd times through the lineup the wheels fall off. Doesn’t seem to have the health durability for starter’s innings either.

But, yes, undraftable

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weekday Warrior said:

Seems like he’d be better in long relief or closing, always seems to dominate the first three innings but the 2nd and 3rd times through the lineup the wheels fall off. Doesn’t seem to have the health durability for starter’s innings either.

But, yes, undraftable

I like this idea too.  Worked wonders for Brandon Morrow.

• Like 1

I totally get the hesitancy, but even after getting burned reaching for him last year, I am quite happy having drafted him in 25th round. 

Edited by Wubbie075

On 3/24/2018 at 10:39 AM, Wubbie075 said:

I totally get the hesitancy, but even after getting burned reaching for him last year, I am quite happy having drafted him in 25th round. 

report back on your level of happiness after you've started him a couple times.

More unexpected breakouts have happened... Why not draft him in the late rounds in deep leagues? F it.

This kid just isn't starter material.  He's had plenty of time to get it under control.

6 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Got pulled back into this trap again this year. Can’t wait to cut him tomorrow. 

Same. He was a $1 guy for me this year after hearing a few experts talk about how he's a breakout flier type.

He just sucks, plain and simple

He should go to the bullpen if he continues to struggle in a few more starts. He could have quite a bit of value there and as we can see Philly likes to blow through RPs.

He’s the Phillies closer of the future I just wish they’d hurry up and realize that 

Statline tonight was nice. 6.2 IP, 4 hits, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 strikeouts.

Was he impressive?

Back to back great outings, albeit vs two mediocre lineups..he has been great for me in those 2 starts and has earned at least one more start..will ride it till the wheels fall off..lol