CrypTviLL

Aaron Hicks 2018 Outlook

The Yankees lineup is loaded but it's been crickets lately :(

• Like 1

Maybe he got to jacked. Fd up his hitting.

Been debating weekly whether or not to cut bait... still gotta think a hot streak is coming but he's been extremely mediocre so far, with plenty of guys on the waiver wire outscoring him by a longshot.

21 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

Been debating weekly whether or not to cut bait... still gotta think a hot streak is coming but he's been extremely mediocre so far, with plenty of guys on the waiver wire outscoring him by a longshot.

He has been very mediocre but the last 7 or so games have seen an uptick in counting stats. He usually is hitting in the 5th or 6th spot in that monster Yankees lineup so I don't think he's a drop candidate - but that of course depends on other factors and league size. I'm holding though and expecting improvement. 

24 minutes ago, OaksterDan said:

1 minute ago, richg24 said:

He has been very mediocre but the last 7 or so games have seen an uptick in counting stats. He usually is hitting in the 5th or 6th spot in that monster Yankees lineup so I don't think he's a drop candidate - but that of course depends on other factors and league size. I'm holding though and expecting improvement. 

I did cut him off some teams.  He was picked up in the leagues he was dropped (12-team leagues)   He has been bad for so long now.  And not enough of a history to show he can hit at this level.  Disappointing for sure with all his potential.  He does keep a high OBP for the most part which is still valuable to the Yankees but not exactly in fantasy points leagues.  Hopefully he can get it going.  In the leagues I kept him it was mostly situations where I had other players that I felt were even more droppable (Hicks playing OF in a league that starts 5 OF made him more worth keeping) or there was just no one better in free agency.

When Greg Bird comes back (soon), Hicks is going to move further back in the batting order.  Hicks can still snap. definitely still a believer in him but in fantasy you need to get results.

Hicks’ pro-rated stats are about what you’d expect. Average a little down with some batted ball luck going against him. He could put his shoes on the wrong feet and put up decent counting numbers in that lineup.

Hope he doesn't start losing PT, but he has been bunz.

1 minute ago, roscobangs said:

In the leadoff spot tonight.

Against a lefty. Be nice if he keeps hitting and steals the job from Gardner.

Starting to heat up? Over the last two weeks, he's hit .273-5-2-5-2 in 33 ABs, including 7 hits in the last three days. 

Tonight he bat cleanup.  Definitely heating up which is great to see.

Roughly on pace for 20/25 season with 80+ R and RBI and hasn’t even been hot at any point yet.  

Wondering what kind of average he can maintain. Is .280 expecting too much or are we basically looking expecting a Teo type with less power and more steals?

7 hours ago, street sharks said:

Wondering what kind of average he can maintain. Is .280 expecting too much or are we basically looking expecting a Teo type with less power and more steals?

I think .280 is too ambitious. I know he can grow as a Major Leaguer, but he was never a great BA guy in the minors either (.277 career). He may have a season in which he hits the .280 mark, but I don't expect it to be a regular thing for him. 

I personally view him as a .250-.260 type of hitter who is capable of being a 20-20 guy with respectable R-RBI totals. For leagues that use 5 OFs, I think he's a great OF4/OF5 option. In a 3OF league, I would probably be more inclined to view him as solid backup or maybe someone I could put in a UT slot. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Batting 7th tonight and has been cold for a bit. Is it worth holding on? 

In 5 OF leagues, absolutely.  Mediocre power and speed combo is an asset in Roto. 

That said, Hicks is a bit of a mystery to me.  Hot and cold streaks...and just from watching games, seems to be showing warning track power at times (some stat person can dig up the metrics if interested).  Not quite sure what to make of that.  Has 5 homers, a number of shots to the warning track and 2 inside the park HRs.  

• Like 1

Out of the lineup again. RIght when he was starting to heat up again. Really tough to own right now with the playing time issues. 

I would think a big reason why he's sitting tonight is bc it's @NYM and they don't have DH in lineup.   He should be in there most nights in AL parks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Out of the lineup again. RIght when he was starting to heat up again. Really tough to own right now with the playing time issues. 

I don't know why he didn't started Wednesday or why he's not starting tonight, but I'm not sure what playing time issues you're referring to. 

Posted (edited)

With full playing time hicks would be a top 30 outfielder. His peripherals look just as good if not better then his breakout season last year. Love his ros outlook

Edited by Jimmymckrack

Starting to feel like the end of the line for Hicks in redraft leagues. There's bound to be something more productive on the waiver wire.

On 6/14/2018 at 4:50 AM, k.k. said:

Starting to feel like the end of the line for Hicks in redraft leagues. There's bound to be something more productive on the waiver wire.

On a 20/17 pace(500 ab), still hasn’t had a hot streak, and plays in one of the best lineups for runs and rbi opportunities. AND Yankee Stadium.  I’d love to find guys like that on my waiver wire. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

On a 20/17 pace(500 ab), still hasn’t had a hot streak, and plays in one of the best lineups for runs and rbi opportunities. AND Yankee Stadium.  I’d love to find guys like that on my waiver wire. 

Agreed. He's sitting with 7 HR and 6 SB through 173 AB right now. Over the last month, he's hitting .286-13-4-12-1...light on the SBs, but solid numbers. Now, I guess it depends on league format. I can see him being a drop in 3 OF leagues with shallow benches. In a 5 OF league, however, he's a definite hold, imho. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I guess I spoke too soon a few posts up. Hicks seems to be coming on now again. HR in each of the last 2 games.

Edited by k.k.
  • Like 1