CrypTviLL

Aaron Hicks 2018 Outlook

Last draft I did  took him 227. I think he usually goes even earlier.  At that point in the draft theres no risk at all.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:29 AM, MrBrown said:

Last draft I did  took him 227. I think he usually goes even earlier.  At that point in the draft theres no risk at all.

I just took him at 228 in a slow draft. We start 5 OF, and he's my 6th OF at this point. 

Reports are that he will be the every day CF.  Could be a great year for Mr. Hicks. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Reports are that he will be the every day CF.  Could be a great year for Mr. Hicks. 

Great news. If he can do what he did last year for a full season, look out.

So assuming he says healthy and 2017 wasn't a fluke, what are the expectations for Hicks at this point? Is he a 20-20 guy...25-15 guy? Even near the bottom of the Yankees order, he should still have plenty of R-RBI opportunities in that lineup. 

I have said Hicks would leadoff vs LHP.  That has yet to be seen.  The Yankees are flirting with batting Judge leadoff vs LHP.  We'll see.

Yankees aren't going to be running a lot but Hicks is a guy who will work a ton of walks, and pop out ~30 HR if he stays healthy.  He can steal some bases but 20 would be high with their offense and philosophy.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:36 PM, MrBrown said:

I have said Hicks would leadoff vs LHP.  That has yet to be seen.  The Yankees are flirting with batting Judge leadoff vs LHP.  We'll see.

Yankees aren't going to be running a lot but Hicks is a guy who will work a ton of walks, and pop out ~30 HR if he stays healthy.  He can steal some bases but 20 would be high with their offense and philosophy.

I drafted him because of your posts and so far I am liking his outlook a lot. well played on that tout. 

• Thanks 1

Hoping for some good value here after getting him in the 21st of my draft. Hitting 5th in that lineup leaves him with lots of runs/rbi opportunities.

This guy was a monster in the first half with very impressive plate discipline as well. Health was literally the only thing holding him back last year. He worked on his core strength this off-season to battle the oblique issues and is lookin totally jacked. I'm a little surprised how late he's been going in drafts. 

30/20/.270 upside in the middle of that lineup

Also has one of the best Sterling HR calls. Hicks!!... hits one in the sticks!! ?

Edited by DannyMcPot

I wonder if they move Didi up once they face a righty

Intercostal usually a 4-6 week injury...Would be surprised to see him before May. And in that time McKinney will have time to establish himself, and Frazier / Ellsbury will get healthy. If you are pressing for a DL spot, there's probably no reason to keep Hicks at this point.

Just now, Sidearmer said:

Intercostal usually a 4-6 week injury...Would be surprised to see him before May. And in that time McKinney will have time to establish himself, and Frazier / Ellsbury will get healthy. If you are pressing for a DL spot, there's probably no reason to keep Hicks at this point.

Is this true? Both leagues I have him in, I have no DL spots available. If it’s just 10 days, I’ll hold. If it’s gonna be 1-2 months, might have to let go. 

5 minutes ago, countseth said:

Is this true? Both leagues I have him in, I have no DL spots available. If it’s just 10 days, I’ll hold. If it’s gonna be 1-2 months, might have to let go. 

I'm just guessing on the timetable, but based on history intercostal strains take more than just a few weeks. There will probably be a timetable provided by the end of the day, but if there's someone you like in the free agent pool that someone might pounce on I would take advantage.

• Like 1

Players work out and train all offseason then play one game of baseball and fall apart.  I'm over this guy. Always hurt.  

8 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

Does this move Gardner to CF and we see Giancarlo in LF? 

Gardner to CF, McKinney in LF.  Stanton will continue to primarily DH.

Wow, it took one game huh? I was really hoping he could build on last year's pre-injury breakout but I just don't see how he's holdable in anything but the deepest leagues. An intercostal strain is gonna affect him after he comes back for a while. Ughhhh and he's got such a sweet spot in that lineup, I was sold. Injuries in baseball are the worst.