CrypTviLL

Aaron Hicks 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Gardner to CF, McKinney in LF.  Stanton will continue to primarily DH.

And the lineup for tonight's game was just posted.  McKinney starting in LF.

Think he had the same or similar injury last year too- an oblique cost him substantial time  - he's a good hold if you can afford to but pretty decent chance we're looking at multiple weeks here 

Guessing McKinney was a semi-emergency answer? Surely they can’t be planning to make him a regular for long? What about the corpse of Ellsbury? 

2 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

Guessing McKinney was a semi-emergency answer? Surely they can’t be planning to make him a regular for long? What about the corpse of Ellsbury? 

Ellsbury is already on the DL

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Ellsbury is already on the DL

And he's a very expensive hood ornament at this point. Better chance we see Clint Frazier first once he returns from the 7 day Concussion dl barring any setbacks

2 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

McKinney played well enough to make the team out of ST.  But with Neil Walker signed, it forced McKinney out of the equation.  When Ellsbury gets off the DL then McKinney will likely be sent down, mainly because of the money owed to Ellsbury and can't send him down.

Now, if Tyler Austin doesn't hit LHP at all and McKinney is crushing, then they could send down Austin and just keep Ellsbury as the 4th OF.

Just now, DidiFan said:

And he's a very expensive hood ornament at this point. Better chance we see Clint Frazier first once he returns from the 7 day Concussion dl barring any setbacks

Yea we know you dislike Jacoby...having a healthy Jacoby makes the Yankees stronger. 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Yea we know you dislike Jacoby...having a healthy Jacoby makes the Yankees stronger. 

Guilty as charged. But yeah I agree with you in theory but you just have to wonder how much is left at this point. But hey I'll eat crow if he proves me wrong. I just figure that we' are more likely to see Frazier returning from concussion first before Ellsbury with his oblique strain. Cash said he'll (ells) will need some rehab at bats before returning. 

2 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Guilty as charged. But yeah I agree with you in theory but you just have to wonder how much is left at this point. But hey I'll eat crow if he proves me wrong. I just figure that we' are more likely to see Frazier returning from concussion first before Ellsbury with his oblique strain. Cash said he'll (ells) will need some rehab at bats before returning. 

The team has taken two hits so far..... that is two too many. 

• Like 1

I guess the only hope here is that he's not seriously injured. Strains are tough. Mild strains might take 2-3 weeks. More serious strains can easily be 4-6 weeks or more. Since he finished out the game, maybe it's minor? But I have no real info...

by RotoWire Staff
(2 hrs ago) Hicks' right intercostal muscle strain is a minor Grade 1 strain, Erik Boland of Newsday reports.

The team hasn't put a timeline on Hicks' return, but Hicks himself said that he didn't want to go on the disabled list and thought he could be back within a few days. The team is being cautious with the 28-year-old outfielder, who has a lengthy injury history. Billy McKinney has been called up to replace him, though Jacoby Ellsbury will be eligible to return from the disabled list on April 5.

• Thanks 1

Looks like he's hanging around Elsbury too much.  Maybe Hicks will be an elite master of the DL like Troy Tulowitzki.  

In Star Wars terms, Tulo is Yoda, Elsbury is Obi-Wan and Hicks is young Skywalker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I said only an injury would clear the way for full time atbats this isnt quite what I expected. Not exactly surprising though.

37 minutes ago, 96GOAT said:

Looks like he's hanging around Elsbury too much.  Maybe Hicks will be an elite master of the DL like Troy Tulowitzki.  

In Star Wars terms, Tulo is Yoda, Elsbury is Obi-Wan and Hicks is young Skywalker.

But I thought we learned from “The Last Jedi” that Hicks doesn’t need any training to master the DL?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 96GOAT said:

Bird is Darth. 

• Like 1

Sounds like Hicks will now be back before Ellsbury after Ellsbury suffered a setback. I think I'd rather have Prince Fielder and his contract on my books than Ellsbury at this point. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

People on here dropped prematurely.

11 minutes ago, richg24 said:

People on here dropped prematurely.

Not really.  He's still available in every league that I've seen him dropped in.

Doesn't help much but one bright side is with all the snow, rain and other weather issues, we Hicks owners who can't drop or chose not to drop are only going to miss a couple-three games from him on this injury. Hope it was more precaution than anything & isn't a thing he battles all season long.

6 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Doesn't help much but one bright side is with all the snow, rain and other weather issues, we Hicks owners who can't drop or chose not to drop are only going to miss a couple-three games from him on this injury. Hope it was more precaution than anything & isn't a thing he battles all season long.

Couple- three games?  He played in 1 game and the Yankees played 4 so far.  Not sure when you think he's coming back that you will only miss a couple-three games.

5 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Couple- three games?  He played in 1 game and the Yankees played 4 so far.  Not sure when you think he's coming back that you will only miss a couple-three games.

Well presumably if you own him you just throw him in a DL slot and pick up someone from the wire to replace for now. So you are not really missing games, just getting stats from someone else til he comes back. Anyway, in my opinion, his situation is too good to drop if he is only on a 10 day DL stint. Batting 5th in that stacked Yanks lineup is too juicy to drop in 12 team+ leagues. 

21 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Well presumably if you own him you just throw him in a DL slot and pick up someone from the wire to replace for now. So you are not really missing games, just getting stats from someone else til he comes back. Anyway, in my opinion, his situation is too good to drop if he is only on a 10 day DL stint. Batting 5th in that stacked Yanks lineup is too juicy to drop in 12 team+ leagues. 

Right, we combined the short week last week with this week's full slate so he's been locked in at CF for me already. Sucks to see that red DL in the lineup for that long but looking like he may just make it back by the weekend, barring setbacks. If he gets back Wednesday or even Thursday, that's better than nothing.  I just hope it's not a recurring thing.

40 minutes ago, richg24 said:

That's assuming there's a DL slot.  I guess you're in a league where first period was Thurs-Sunday also.

But like I said, he cleared waivers in all the leagues he was dropped in and was still a free agent.  Someone just dropped him yesterday for Schebler so I'm going to see if I can get him.