CrypTviLL

Aaron Hicks 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Leading off against a righty tonight. Maybe he can take it away from Gardner... but I'm not complaining about his recent spots in the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Leading off against a righty tonight. Maybe he can take it away from Gardner... but I'm not complaining about his recent spots in the lineup.

I've said it throughout this thread, he's their best leadoff option--even when everyone is healthy. Hope it sticks. Gardner is perfect for 9 hole-

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over his last 162 games:  .254, 30 HR, 93 RBI, 99 R, 16 SB and a 13,8 BB%.

 

He's been one of the team's most valuable hitters:

2nd in WAR

2nd in BB%

3rd in wRC+

3rd in wOBA

3rd in HR

3rd in RBI

4th in OPS

 

Not bad for a player with only 329 AB so far this season.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like you can pencil him in for 25/15 with good counting stats without taking major hit on avg. solid 5 cat player in obp league

a 30/20 ceiling is very possible if he plays a full season

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

looks like you can pencil him in for 25/15 with good counting stats without taking major hit on avg. solid 5 cat player in obp league

a 30/20 ceiling is very possible if he plays a full season

give cashman credit

 

he got him for nothing and stuck with him.  next year is a contract year and i think hell be leading off.  ill def be going after him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

The most underrated OF in baseball. On pace for a 5.0 WAR season.

good all around player.  WAR is very subjective.  Can't really judge by that.   I like Hicks.    But who is considered underrated?   Is Haniger underrated?   I think Haniger, Gennett, Yelich, Rosario, Merrifield, Brantley, Castellanos and Markakis can all be considered as underrated, if not more.

Edited by Ratso1022
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Left game with a hammy injury tonight, headed for MRI, probably benched until just before Wild Card game. 

 

super underrated all year, even by rotoworld standards. Ranked 34th overall in my OBP league, better than players like Blackmon, Rizzo, and Rendon.

 

Appreciate all your efforts this year sir! Will certainly miss your bat championship week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DrizzleOnTop said:

 

Left game with a hammy injury tonight, headed for MRI, probably benched until just before Wild Card game. 

 

super underrated all year, even by rotoworld standards. Ranked 34th overall in my OBP league, better than players like Blackmon, Rizzo, and Rendon.

 

Appreciate all your efforts this year sir! Will certainly miss your bat championship week. 

looks like he will miss just a couple of games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks. i dropped him in 2 leagues already... not sure i wanted to wait a few days anyway w/ it being championship week. Good for baseball that hes okay though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jamesisharden said:

That sucks. i dropped him in 2 leagues already... not sure i wanted to wait a few days anyway w/ it being championship week. Good for baseball that hes okay though.

probably better off.   Who knows how much they will play him?  Magic number 2 for home field in WC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...