JohnD

Julian Edelman 2018 Outlook

Brady was added to the injury report (knee), but hopefully nothing major.

Edited by LongBalls

Thought Brady killed him on that pass over the middle, tough guy shakes it off and has another productive day. 

This dude has been thoroughly unimpressive since his return. Low-end WR2/avg WR3 in standard. I thought he could catch - some bad drops yesterday.

I expected more. 

5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This dude has been thoroughly unimpressive since his return. Low-end WR2/avg WR3 in standard. I thought he could catch - some bad drops yesterday.

I expected more. 

He's averaging pretty much 11 points per game in standard since his return. What did you expect? That's like WR20 or so I would guess. Haven't looked at PPR. 

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He's averaging pretty much 11 points per game in standard since his return. What did you expect? That's like WR20 or so I would guess. Haven't looked at PPR. 

I thought this was the year he'd put up at least top-WR2 numbers. Gronk's on the decline and Gordon is finally a big-bodied receiver who's actually a threat on the outside. Pats make their living traditionally with the short passing game but they've been running more than I thought they would.

Just expected to see quite a few more big plays then we're getting. I clearly realize this is a down year for Brady as well.

Howard sounds out for MIA this week, not that it directly affects Edelman, still might open up the passing attack in general.

It would be nice to get a big PPR day like Brady used to provide him. His floor is still safe at least, just not sure what to expect...

• Thanks 1

Well done Julian.

Looked really quick out of his routes and him/Brady just mind-meld on the timing stuff. Hope he keeps it rolling

• Like 2

He doubled up Evans in my first round matchup..great stuff.  Good matchup today in the slot against MIA.  Hope he keeps it going.  All the RZ looks are icing on the cake in PPR.

His last 3 games vs the Steelers. The Steelers have given up the 3rd most PPR points to the slot on the year. 

8-118-1

9-60

11-97

2 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

thanks for the target bump in the title game JoshB)

I think his targets stay the same  but his opportunity for deeper routes and more redzone work increases with hogan+dorsett worked into the rotation more. 

I don't think the Gordon news affects him much. Guy's been a lock and load WR2 all season long. Not a terribly high ceiling, but an extremely high floor, particularly in PPR.

Yeah he's getting 10+ targets regardless. My concern with this game is that the Pats go run heavy and there's not much target share in the passing game anyway. 

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Yeah he's getting 10+ targets regardless. My concern with this game is that the Pats go run heavy and there's not much target share in the passing game anyway. 

Dumb, Edelman is a ppr beast

3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Dumb, Edelman is a ppr beast

Can't argue with your sterling wit and sound logic. Well done. 

14 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

if edelman gets 10+ tagets this week then he is going to win me my title game because that will put him at about +25pts in fantasy