JohnD

Julian Edelman 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

I would easily pay a 4th/5th for Edelman in ppr

Easily?  This dude is no spring chicken and is coming back from injury. 

We don't know if he's going to be the same explosive Edelman.  Why take on the risk if you can get a similar player in the same round to minimize risk?

11 hours ago, South Carolina said:

If he stays healthy it's Matthews who will lead that receiving corp. He fits that offense like a glove. He runs great routes, has excellent hands, etc. A typical Patriot type.

J. Matthews has excellent hands? News to me.

• Haha 1

Any change to his role on the roster with Cooks gone?  I really think this is Gronk's year, but Edelman I had completely forgotten about and I know how good he can be in PPR especially.

4 hours ago, Sternes said:

Any change to his role on the roster with Cooks gone?  I really think this is Gronk's year, but Edelman I had completely forgotten about and I know how good he can be in PPR especially.

Don't forget Amendola is out of the picture too.  If he looks explosive in preseason  I doubt Matthews will be too much of a factor as Brady has BFF Vulgan mind-melded with Edelman throughout all the season they've played together.      

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Don't forget Amendola is out of the picture too.  If he looks explosive in preseason  I doubt Matthews will be too much of a factor as Brady has BFF Vulgan mind-melded with Edelman throughout all the season they've played together.      

Vulgan mind-melded?  You mean like Kirk and Spog?

• Haha 2

I'm targeting Edelman in a lot of my redraft PPR leagues going forward. I typically like to draft 4 WR's in my first 6 picks so I have no issue with him as long as I have a couple reliable studs like an elite guy or Fitz/DT

5 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

I knew his hair looked way too good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

What?  I have this guy as a dirt cheap keeper pick.  Knew it was bad news when I saw his thread bumped.  

Should of kept Brandin Cooks ;-)

36 minutes ago, beotos said:

Cheaters gonna cheat :rolleyes:

Got that.  You ain't cheaten you ain't winnen

Sucks for fantays purposes.

Don't hate Jules getting some rest for Pats winning the Super Bowl purposes.

Alright, so assuming he loses the appeal, where's his ADP going to fall?   And is he even worth it?    For as productive a player as he was for many years, I can see him struggling to escape the doghouse when he returns.  If any of these other guys on the roster step up, they could easily keep that role.    I'd also say lets see what word is about how Edelman practices, ie is he healthy, getting lots of reps etc, but Billy Tightlips probably will keep any useful info on that locked down.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Should of kept Brandin Cooks ;-)

They are completely different types of receivers.

3 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Alright, so assuming he loses the appeal, where's his ADP going to fall?   And is he even worth it?    For as productive a player as he was for many years, I can see him struggling to escape the doghouse when he returns.  If any of these other guys on the roster step up, they could easily keep that role.    I'd also say lets see what word is about how Edelman practices, ie is he healthy, getting lots of reps etc, but Billy Tightlips probably will keep any useful info on that locked down.

What doghouse is he in? I'd expect him to get a full workload when he returns in week 5. I don't know if his ADP will drop much. 

5 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Not sure it will fall as much as you think.

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

He was probably a fourth round pick pre-suspension.  I wouldn't waste anything more than an 8th on him now.  Too many other productive options at what would have been his ADP - Landry, Crabtree, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Pierre Garcon, Funchess, Hogan, Fuller.  All those guys can be great and they're not sitting four games.  Chris Hogan is going to eat while he's away.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CooL said:

He was probably a fourth round pick pre-suspension.  I wouldn't waste anything more than an 8th on him now.  Too many other productive options at what would have been his ADP - Landry, Crabtree, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, Pierre Garcon, Funchess, Hogan, Fuller.  All those guys can be great and they're not sitting four games.  Chris Hogan is going to eat while he's away.  

All those guys are going before the 8th.

Assuming 8th is accurate, he is in with Jordy/Kupp

DND.  He was already a good candidate to be overdrafted, and even if he falls a round or two he's still unlikely to put up the numbers Week 5-16 to justify his ADP.  He seems like a good trade target around Week 3-4 if the Edelman owner's RB1 tears his ACL early in the season, but I'm not opening the season with this guy on my roster.

• Like 2