JohnD

Julian Edelman 2018 Outlook

I drafted this guy in the 7th round in PPR 12 man league.  I really cannot wait until he comes back.  Hopefully my team holds up and he adds a jolt for all of us in week 5! 

7 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I parted ways with him and James Connor for Jarvis Landry.

you got hosed 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tah10 said:

you got hosed 

26 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I parted ways with him and James Connor for Jarvis Landry.

Haha, wth were you thinking 

1 hour ago, Shortnphat said:

Haha, wth were you thinking 

He was thinking Bell will report soon and Gordon will get caught drinking sizzurp w/ blunt.

He may laugh last.

Yeah I know. I'm pretty stacked at RB. Conner wasn't usuable for me. Even at flex. I figured a free pickup of Conner and suspended Edleman was worth more of a sure thing in Landry to set things up well for me to start the year. Like Edleman this year when he returns though.

So with Gordon likely in town I wonder how this effects Edelman’s value in PPR? I feel like it doesn’t because they will presumably run Eldeman in the slot?

4 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

So with Gordon likely in town I wonder how this effects Edelman’s value in PPR? I feel like it doesn’t because they will presumably run Eldeman in the slot?

Yeah I'd say this won't do much to Edelman's value, and will take a chunk out of Hogan and Dorsett instead.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I think it makes edelman life easier, he will gobble up everything underneath and get some nice yac's. Brady is not going away from him

• Like 1

Welker was a PPR machine when the Pats had Moss.

He's gonna be $$$$ now that teams won't be able to bracket him.

• Like 1

JG is huge for Edelman.  There is no question that Edelman will be pure slot receiver now.  I am targeting him for trades.   Thinking that offering Marquise Goodwin might make the deal happen.

Just now, PancakeSandwich said:

For owners now with both JG and Edelman, do you feel comfortable rolling both out there each week?

I have both, gonna be a wait and see approach for me. 

4 minutes ago, PancakeSandwich said:

For owners now with both JG and Edelman, do you feel comfortable rolling both out there each week?

have to see how it goes.  but yes.  not afraid one bit.  with JG...not sure what the Pats can't do on offense. 

I own both.  Edelman seems like a no brainer to start regardless.  Gordon will have to be a wait and see approach.  I’ll more than likely start both going forward once Gordon’s role is established. 

As a Gronk and Edelman owner I couldn't be happier. I don't think Gordon was brought in to be some huge contributer, but to just be another weapon on that offense that teams have to spend time scheming against. From what I could tell Gronk was used mostly as a decoy against the Jags, because they vowed to shut him down. So, wouldn't Belichick want a guy like that on the outside? Whenever NE has serious talent on offense, they become increasingly harder to prepare for. Gordon's fantasy value increases, for sure. But from how I'm looking at it this makes Edelman even more valuable. Gordon and Gronk will be focused on more by secondaries, leaving the middle open for Edelman to exploit mismatches against linebackers and get those quick dump offs from Brady. 

If ever there was an instance where adding a talented receiver to take targets from your own guy was a good thing, it would be here. Gordon and Edelman couldn't be any more different, I think they help each other and I don't say that often.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJ10162 said:

If ever there was an instance where adding a talented receiver to take targets from your own guy was a good thing, it would be here. Gordon and Edelman couldn't be any more different, I think they help each other and I don't say that often.

it only helps as defenses have to scheme on which threat to add double coverage or help to Gronk or Gordon. Even a slower Edelman is faster than anyone that will cover him.

33 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

As a Gronk and Edelman owner I couldn't be happier.

Cos hope is clouding judgment.

I don't think Gordon was brought in to be some huge contributer

And you think that Gordon will be happy in that locker, and won't go into destruct mode?

From what I could tell Gronk was used mostly as a decoy against the Jags, because they vowed to shut him down.

And they did.

But from how I'm looking at it this makes Edelman even more valuable. Gordon and Gronk will be focused on more by secondaries, leaving the middle open for Edelman to exploit mismatches against linebackers and get those quick dump offs from Brady. 

Only because you have Edelman.

Gronk owners think he is unstoppable, and Gordon owners think he could do what Randy Moss did with Brady, and you think the whole defense should focus on everybody else but Edelman. Brilliant.
But reality is somewhere in between.

I have Edelman and Gordon and have absolutely no clue whats gonna happen. And no one has. At this point not even Bill Belichick.

Edited by JCD

3 minutes ago, JCD said:

Cos hope is clouding judgment.

And you think that Gordon will be happy in that locker, and won't go into destruct mode?

And they did.

Only because you have Edelman.

Gronk owners think he is unstoppable, and Gordon owners think he could do what Randy Moss did with Brady, and you think the whole defense should focus on everybody else but Edelman. Brilliant.
But reality is somewhere in between.

I have Edelman and Gordon and have absolutely no clue whats gonna happen. And no one has. At this point not even Bill Belichick.

You're right, but like I said, that's just my opinion and perspective about what could happen. If Gordon self destructs and can't adapt, they'll just cut him. But if he adapts and produces, and that offense is running on all cylinders, they're all going to be valuable fantasy assets. 

So, we're coming up on the last Edelman-less week.  What's the consensus on his outlook?  Is there any chance he flirts with 2016 levels of production?

46 minutes ago, goincommando said:

So, we're coming up on the last Edelman-less week.  What's the consensus on his outlook?  Is there any chance he flirts with 2016 levels of production?

Might be tough with Gronk , White , Hogan and now (presumably) Josh Gordon soaking up all the targets.  Lot's of pass catching mouths to feed.