JohnD

Julian Edelman 2018 Season Outlook

54 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

watch the documentary called “Icarus”, it’s ridiculously easy for athletes to skirt the tests

Movie was kind of boring though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I don't think I care enough to argue. A troll never admits to being a troll. Trolling 101.

dmb3684's definition of troll:  a person who refuses to type that everything is great in New England and all their players are great and All-Pros from 1-53.

My definition: someone who sidetracks the discussion with personal attacks.  I am here to talk about Julian Edelman, or the lack thereof.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

Maybe it was a calculated risk.  Maybe the PEDs helped him recover from the injury faster and decided a 4 game suspension was worth the risk in order to get to the field faster.  Maybe without the PEDs he knew he wouldn't be ready in time anyways and said f it, I'll just take it.

If so, I predict that the calculated risk has backfired badly, and that the implications will go well beyond the NFL's 4 game suspension.  Caveat emptor.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

dmb3684's definition of troll:  a person who refuses to type that everything is great in New England and all their players are great and All-Pros from 1-53.

My definition: someone who sidetracks the discussion with personal attacks.  I am here to talk about Julian Edelman, or the lack thereof.

Ehh, I tried.

Im just gonna put you on ignore. Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

Dmb should add a u to his name 

oh and the pats suck and that organization is collapsing. Got tom brady out here vetoing trades lmao

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Dmb should add a u to his name 

oh and the pats suck and that organization is collapsing. Got tom brady out here vetoing trades lmao

Heard that joke a million times brah. Try harder.

• Like 1

How do the league suspend someone without knowing what substance was found? Seems weird.

On 6/8/2018 at 4:44 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

I thought it was all Tom Brady?  Defense, O-Line, special teams, and running game don't matter.  TB12 or bust!

Is that trolling?

40 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

How do the league suspend someone without knowing what substance was found? Seems weird.

Its definitely worth monitoring.  The league should offer some kind of clarification.    It seems any half decent lawyer could argue to reverse this.  I dread the moment it does get reversed, if that happens.   The anti-Pats whining will be insufferable in that case

Yeah, if this "team of scientists" can't figure out what this is, I would assume you have to overturn this suspension.

What I'm currently reading (and correct me if I'm reading wrong), he was NOT suspended because he took a banned substance.  He WAS suspended because they found a substance in his test that they don't know what it is.

"You did something here, it's not in my 2000 page rule book, and I don't know exactly what you did, but I'm going to give you this suspension regardless".

When in doubt... suspend.

I'm not Pats homer or anything, I do think the Pats hate is borderline stupid though, but this is foolish IMO.  I assume this has to get overturned unless this "team of scientists" is able to bring more clarity to this situation.

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Yeah, if this "team of scientists" can't figure out what this is, I would assume you have to overturn this suspension.

What I'm currently reading (and correct me if I'm reading wrong), he was NOT suspended because he took a banned substance.  He WAS suspended because they found a substance in his test that they don't know what it is.

"You did something here, it's not in my 2000 page rule book, and I don't know exactly what you did, but I'm going to give you this suspension regardless".

When in doubt... suspend.

I'm not Pats homer or anything, I do think the Pats hate is borderline stupid though, but this is foolish IMO.  I assume this has to get overturned unless this "team of scientists" is able to bring more clarity to this situation.

I think that it maybe counts as a "tainted test" which is the same as a failed test in the eyes of the NFL. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I for one do not hate the Patriots, it's almost impossible not to respect them, but man do I hate Julian Edelman. Have you ever heard this guy give an interview. Total douche.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

I think that it maybe counts as a "tainted test" which is the same as a failed test in the eyes of the NFL. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I for one do not hate the Patriots, it's almost impossible not to respect them, but man do I hate Julian Edelman. Have you ever heard this guy give an interview. Total douche.

Well he’s certainly earned the right.   After all, he’s accomplished.....well...hmm....

he’s on the patriots ok.  

:lol:

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

Repped this post for the first sentence. A diluted sample is just as damning as an actual positive hit in the eyes of the testers 

no comment on Edelman’s douchiness, he always seemed like a cool guy to me. Granted, that’s mostly just from that cop buddy video he did with Amendola awhile back

Edited by lolcopter

Maybe Edelman just warmed up some Gatorade and turned it into the league as urine.  Apparently Norm Charleton used to do that to the Seattle Mariners training staff back in the 90s, just to mess with them.

When drugs are done, and then more drugs are taken to erase the fact that you took drugs you weren't supposed to take, it's not uncommon to receive the "unrecognizable" results on your drug test. Oh, Julian, when will you learn...

exasperated-gif-4.gif

6 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

When drugs are done, and then more drugs are taken to erase the fact that you took drugs you weren't supposed to take, it's not uncommon to receive the "unrecognizable" results on your drug test. Oh, Julian, when will you learn...

exasperated-gif-4.gif

But this was over a week ago

4 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I think these days, from what we've seen, the Goodellbot's motto is, When in doubt, suspend.

In a court of law, innocent until proven guilty. From NFL HQ, kinda the opposite. Case in point last year when that girl shoved her breast onto Zeke's hand which just happened to be squeezing at that exact moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

I think these days, from what we've seen, the Goodellbot's motto is, When in doubt, suspend.

In a court of law, innocent until proven guilty. From NFL HQ, kinda the opposite. Case in point last year when that girl shoved her breast onto Zeke's hand which just happened to be squeezing at that exact moment.

Right but I mean it can't stand if they can't say what he took. Unless they figure it out I guess.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Right but I mean it can't stand if they can't say what he took. Unless they figure it out I guess.

The only way it would probably stand is if... 

Goodell was the one who hears the appeal. 

DA DA daaaaa