Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Steven Souza 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, mi26 said:

I think when healthy he could be a real contributor in that lineup.

What's 'that lineup' that you're all excited about him being in? They have a collective .666 OPS which is 3rd worst in baseball and their OPS+, of 76 is the worst. Pollock was the only thing they had going for them and he's on the shelf for another 7 weeks. They weren't a good offense with him. Without him, they're awful 

Yeah, even in deeper 5 OF formats I'm seeing many better options available on my waiver wires.  The average was always going to be questionable, but the hope was that the D'Backs offense could put him in a good spot to add some R/RBI upside to his power/speed skill set.  Even with JD leaving you could squint at the lineup going into the season and feel pretty good, but with Goldy lost in the wilderness, AJ back in his natural habitat, and the rest of the lineup being a bunch of Robins without their Batman, Souza looks a safe drop almost everywhere.

• Like 1

Good thing he got that pinch hit whiff in yesterday.

The time to stash is now. Hit two HR last night for AAA Reno and played all 9 innings in the OF. 

5 minutes ago, FantasyFiend said:

Whose Souza starting over?

Since he's a RF, I would assume he'll start over Jon Jay. 

The blurb says Dyson is heading to DL so Souza wins that battle. As for how long Souza stays healthy that is a little less definitive....

8 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

The blurb says Dyson is heading to DL so Souza wins that battle. As for how long Souza stays healthy that is a little less definitive....

Dyson going to the DL doesn't mean much to me. He's a CF, and Souza is a RF. Pollock is the one who benefits from Dyson not being around, imho. 

He's back off the DL and went 0-3 out of the 5th hole last night. 

0fer7 tonight. They played 16 innings of ball, and he couldn't get on base one time. Lol. 

Springer owners should be grabbing this dude  as  contingency plan in case that injury is more serious than is being reported.

Souza has been raking for the last month.

Edited by JetsAwesome

Listed as DTD on yahoo. Anyone know what’s wrong? It figures I would pick him up this week and he gets injured lol.

1 hour ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Listed as DTD on yahoo. Anyone know what’s wrong? It figures I would pick him up this week and he gets injured lol.

he ran into a wall again and got hurt again. 

37 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

he ran into a wall again and got hurt again. 

Sounds about right. 

Wall - 2

Souza - 0 

Worth holding? Hasn’t been terrible. Not great either. Kind of waiting for him to hit the gas but not sure if he will. I see he’s not owned in very many leagues....

1 hour ago, mi26 said:

Worth holding? Hasn’t been terrible. Not great either. Kind of waiting for him to hit the gas but not sure if he will. I see he’s not owned in very many leagues....

Problem is they're treating him like some catcher, playing every 2 out of 3 games. 

Scratch that, some catchers play more than him.

2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Problem is they're treating him like some catcher, playing every 2 out of 3 games. 

Scratch that, some catchers play more than him.

cut bait last week.  Doesn't play enough [BC content removed.]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed BC content.
  • Like 1