Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASHLANDARROWS1992

WHO WOULD YOU KEEP??

13 team money roto league 6x6 (k/9)......29 man rosters

defending champ, so i will be drafting last in the snake draft (FWIW)

my stick i am keeping will be JD martinez (9th round value)

which arm would you keep??

KERSHAW           (1ST)

STRASBURG       (4TH)

GERRIT COLE     (6TH)

RICH HILL           (10TH)

OSUNA                (18TH)

KNEBEL               (24TH)

Tough choices.

I think Cole, Hill, Osuna are out of the running.

So

Kershaw (1)

Stras (4)

Knebel (24)

I'd have to say Strasburg in the 4th.

thanks cryptvill....personally not sold on keeping closers because of the instability of the position (unless it was a top-tier guy with incredible value)

Essentially getting Kershaw with the 13th pick. Don’t overthink this. He’s the easy choice. The value you’re getting from the other guys not enough to make up for not having Kershaw.

thx slider...and getting kershaw then a strong bat with the next pick at the 1st/2nd round turn is an intriguing thought for sure...

and then of course knowing i had JD martinez in my hip pocket for the 9th round is great as well

You can still build an excellent staff with Strasburg at the top.  So if you went that route, I don't think you'll regret it.  

For me personally, I find the Strasburg/Martinez combo along with the 1/2 turn around snake pick more appealing than Kershaw/Martinez/2nd and then having to wait for end of the 3rd for my next pick.

15 minutes ago, I like baseball said:

You can still build an excellent staff with Strasburg at the top.  So if you went that route, I don't think you'll regret it.  

For me personally, I find the Strasburg/Martinez combo along with the 1/2 turn around snake pick more appealing than Kershaw/Martinez/2nd and then having to wait for end of the 3rd for my next pick.

thx ILB...i see your point for sure

I say kershaw although I’d like to know what’s going to be available with pick thirteen. 

31 minutes ago, damana said:

I say kershaw although I’d like to know what’s going to be available with pick thirteen. 

no idea...if i built my staff around strasburg (4th round pick) i would be taking 2 sticks at 13th and 14th overall...gotta imagine they would be very solid bats to go along with knowing i had JD MARTINEZ with my 9th round pick.

I think since Kershaw comes in the 13th pick, he would be the most logical choice.

Thanks for the help with mine!

Gotta go Strasburg in the 4th, I mean you will get the 13th and 14th picks, right? 

At most, 12 bats are being kept and 12 picks are in front of you. There will be some awesome players at the turn. 

so each team keeps 1 hitter and 1 pitcher? 

If that's the format, and you choose not to keep Kershaw, that open first-round pick will net you an awesome player. 

I think people are focusing too much on the name Kershaw and not enough on value. 

I'd keep Knebel in the 24th. Then you have tons of open early picks, including all your picks 1-8.

Maybe I'm missing something...?

13 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

If that's the format, and you choose not to keep Kershaw, that open first-round pick will net you an awesome player. 

I think people are focusing too much on the name Kershaw and not enough on value. 

I'd keep Knebel in the 24th. Then you have tons of open early picks, including all your picks 1-8.

you are correct...EACH team in the league keeps 1 stick and 1 arm

18 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

But Stras is a pretty awesome value in the 4th in that league if you think about it. You aren't going to get a top 5 Sp like Strasburg in that round.

If you have to keep one pitcher, go with the Sp1 Ace in the 4th round. It's still pretty great value.

Knebel is a great RP and at amazing value, but closers are all over the place. So, meh on Knebel.

1 minute ago, CrypTviLL said:

But Stras is a pretty awesome value in the 4th in that league if you think about it. You aren't going to get a top 5 Sp like Strasburg in that round.

If you have to keep one pitcher, go with the Sp1 Ace in the 4th round. It's still pretty great value.

Knebel is a great RP and at amazing value, but closers are all over the place. So, meh on Knebel.

i would have a hard time personally keeping a closer with the turnover of the position (unless it was a proven top tier stud of course)

10 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

13 team money roto league 6x6 (k/9)......29 man rosters

defending champ, so i will be drafting last in the snake draft (FWIW)

my stick i am keeping will be JD martinez (9th round value)

which arm would you keep??

KERSHAW           (1ST)

STRASBURG       (4TH)

GERRIT COLE     (6TH)

RICH HILL           (10TH)

OSUNA                (18TH)

KNEBEL               (24TH)

kershaw still