Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwayzeExpress

Goldy keeper league trade, whir

10 teams 7 keepers, keep forever at no cost. Standard scoring roto, 2C, 5OF, CI/MI/UTIL

Essentially the deal is my Jose Ramirez and Luis Severino for his Goldy and Nola (Nola is mine, didn't make the keeper cut but would if this trade was completed).

Pre-trade keepers

Lindor, Springer, Sanchez, Ramirez, Benintendi, deGrom, Severino

Post-trade keepers

Lindor, Springer, Sanchez, Goldy, Benintendi, deGrom, Nola.

What say you? WHIR

Yep, do that deal you are getting the best player and Nola helps really close that 2 for 1 gap

Yeah, I'd make that deal as well. Solid trade for you.

You always get Goldy when you can, and who know Nola might kill it this year.

I like the Ramirez/Severino side. 

Ramirez is 6 years younger than Goldy, and I like that Severino relies more on gas, while Nola relies more on finesse.

I don't think you are wrong either way though. 

Maybe ask for an additional draft pick or something though... maybe with a note attached like "I need a little more, this is Paul Goldschmidt we are talking about!" 

This is coming from a huge Ramirez believer though 

EDIT: having mixed thoughts now because a stud 1B rounds out your keepers really nicely. 

8 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I like the Ramirez/Severino side. 

Ramirez is 6 years younger than Goldy, and I like that Severino relies more on gas, while Nola relies more on finesse.

I don't think you are wrong either way though. 

Maybe ask for an additional draft pick or something though... maybe with a note attached like "I need a little more, this is Paul Goldschmidt we are talking about!" 

This is coming from a huge Ramirez believer though 

EDIT: having mixed thoughts now because a stud 1B rounds out your keepers really nicely. 

Actually, Im the Ramirez/Severino side.

I am absolutely torn on what to do. I love Ramirez but Goldy offers the same profile but with more counting stats and 1b eligibility. Ramirez has the youth, but Goldy is the known commodity. Just a plus that I adore Nola and want to make sure I find a way to keep him or draft him with my first pick.

4 hours ago, SwayzeExpress said:

Actually, Im the Ramirez/Severino side.

I am absolutely torn on what to do. I love Ramirez but Goldy offers the same profile but with more counting stats and 1b eligibility. Ramirez has the youth, but Goldy is the known commodity. Just a plus that I adore Nola and want to make sure I find a way to keep him or draft him with my first pick.

Oops, yeah I got a little confused there. I know you'd be the one acquiring Goldy.  It's a darn solid offer, but that JoRam/Severino pairing is so nice.  I can imagine your struggle.  What does your gut tell you? 

Just now, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Oops, yeah I got a little confused there. I know you'd be the one acquiring Goldy.  It's a darn solid offer, but that JoRam/Severino pairing is so nice.  I can imagine your struggle.  What does your gut tell you? 

My gut is telling me Ramirez/Severino. 

It's easy to say take the best player in the deal, but they are all so close I feel like the move would be a bit lateral. Ramirez is only slightly behind Goldy for me, and I feel like the difference between Severino and Nola would be significant enough to tip the scale.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I prefer Ramirez and Severino. Goldy's numbers will regress with the humidor. 

The humidor might affect Goldy's power, but Ramirez is hardly a sure thing.  His power was pretty unexpected and most systems project him for 20HR instead of the 29 he bashed in 2017.  His projections are about the same as Goldy's away stats in 2017 and short of Goldy's career away line. That said, if the hitters are about equal, why take the hit in pitching?