Ry34No

Ketel Marte 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

rough first 6 weeks for Ketel.  holding on but it's sure getting tough even in a deep 14 teamer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jb_power said:

rough first 6 weeks for Ketel.  holding on but it's sure getting tough even in a deep 14 teamer

 

 

 

I drafted him as my favorite sleepers but am just monitoring him on the wire right now until he has more of a pulse. I still think something is there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this guy in danger of losing his starting spot soon?  Dont know enough about the rest of the team, is there a viable alternative starter (Owings?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He was left for dead on waivers in a dynasty league after the abysmal start, I recently added him after looking at this:


By Month:

March/April - 61.3 GB%, 21.5 FB%, 28.0 Hard Hit%

May - 54.8 GB%, 30.1 FB%, 33.8 Hard Hit%

June - 42.3 GB%, 46.2 FB%, 57.7 Hard Hit%

 

Overall:

88.2% O-Contact%

91.8% Z-Contact%

5.3 SwStk%

 

The numbers for June are SSS and he just finished a 3 game series @Col so take the %'s with a grain of salt but it certainly a good trend, maybe he figured something out?  He has been much better vs LHP compared to RHP thus far but his .218 BABIP vs RHP should improve considering he has never had drastic splits.  The plate discipline #'s are elite as far as contact goes, if he keeps hitting the ball in the air with some authority maybe Jeff Sullivan from FG's was onto something (see below, re-posting from page 1).

 

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/my-current-favorite-breakout-pick/

Edited by Meastoftheeast
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Time to get him if you can.

just grabbed him this morning.  Hopefully he keeps it up.  That whole lineup is starting to get hot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be time to replace Odor with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see some stolen bases from this guy before adding, only has two attempts on the year. I thought he was supposed to be known for his speed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, Meastoftheeast said:

He was left for dead on waivers in a dynasty league after the abysmal start, I recently added him after looking at this:


By Month:

March/April - 61.3 GB%, 21.5 FB%, 28.0 Hard Hit%

May - 54.8 GB%, 30.1 FB%, 33.8 Hard Hit%

June - 42.3 GB%, 46.2 FB%, 57.7 Hard Hit%

 

Overall:

88.2% O-Contact%

91.8% Z-Contact%

5.3 SwStk%

 

The numbers for June are SSS and he just finished a 3 game series @Col so take the %'s with a grain of salt but it certainly a good trend, maybe he figured something out?  He has been much better vs LHP compared to RHP thus far but his .218 BABIP vs RHP should improve considering he has never had drastic splits.  The plate discipline #'s are elite as far as contact goes, if he keeps hitting the ball in the air with some authority maybe Jeff Sullivan from FG's was onto something (see below, re-posting from page 1).

 

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/my-current-favorite-breakout-pick/

My eyes jumped out of my head when I saw 88% O-Contact... slight correction... his O-Contact is 81%, his Contact is 88%...

 

Point still served though, elite contact and swinging strikes with a great eye (28 O-Swing)...

 

If he keeps this new batted ball profile we could be at the start of the breakout. Hopefully he can sustain. I'm in. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StevieStats said:

My eyes jumped out of my head when I saw 88% O-Contact... slight correction... his O-Contact is 81%, his Contact is 88%...

 

Point still served though, elite contact and swinging strikes with a great eye (28 O-Swing)...

 

If he keeps this new batted ball profile we could be at the start of the breakout. Hopefully he can sustain. I'm in. 

 

Yea, accidentally switched Contact%/O-Contact% numbers.  Good catch.  For what its worth Ender Inciarte has a 86% O-contact%!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd homer in 3 games he's been putting together some hits of late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added ten days ago and he's been mashing the hell out of the ball. He also has SS and 2B eligibility which is key imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's still hitting in the bottom of the lineup.  I'm not sure if the counting stat binge, nor the power of late, is sustainable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He's still hitting in the bottom of the lineup.  I'm not sure if the counting stat binge, nor the power of late, is sustainable. 

Batted 5th yesterday and batting 5th tonight. Technically that's bottom half of the lineup, but DBacks have a pretty deep lineup so the RBI/runs should be there. Especially hitting behind, Goldy, Lamb, and Peralta.

 

Dbacks may eventually go Jay, Marte, Goldy, Peralta, Lamb as top 5 in the order, and that would be massive for his value. However, the current lineup seems to be working well for them so I don't anticipate a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's hitting almost well since June stared. Might the breakout be upon us? Still not stealing, but he's been hitting for power. 7 bombs in that time-frame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.