• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
Ry34No

Ketel Marte 2018 Outlook

rough first 6 weeks for Ketel.  holding on but it's sure getting tough even in a deep 14 teamer

2 hours ago, jb_power said:

rough first 6 weeks for Ketel.  holding on but it's sure getting tough even in a deep 14 teamer

I drafted him as my favorite sleepers but am just monitoring him on the wire right now until he has more of a pulse. I still think something is there 

Is this guy in danger of losing his starting spot soon?  Dont know enough about the rest of the team, is there a viable alternative starter (Owings?)

Posted (edited)

He was left for dead on waivers in a dynasty league after the abysmal start, I recently added him after looking at this:

By Month:

March/April - 61.3 GB%, 21.5 FB%, 28.0 Hard Hit%

May - 54.8 GB%, 30.1 FB%, 33.8 Hard Hit%

June - 42.3 GB%, 46.2 FB%, 57.7 Hard Hit%

Overall:

88.2% O-Contact%

91.8% Z-Contact%

5.3 SwStk%

The numbers for June are SSS and he just finished a 3 game series @Col so take the %'s with a grain of salt but it certainly a good trend, maybe he figured something out?  He has been much better vs LHP compared to RHP thus far but his .218 BABIP vs RHP should improve considering he has never had drastic splits.  The plate discipline #'s are elite as far as contact goes, if he keeps hitting the ball in the air with some authority maybe Jeff Sullivan from FG's was onto something (see below, re-posting from page 1).

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/my-current-favorite-breakout-pick/

Edited by Meastoftheeast
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Time to get him if you can.

just grabbed him this morning.  Hopefully he keeps it up.  That whole lineup is starting to get hot. 

It might be time to replace Odor with him

I’d like to see some stolen bases from this guy before adding, only has two attempts on the year. I thought he was supposed to be known for his speed? 

On 6/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, Meastoftheeast said:

He was left for dead on waivers in a dynasty league after the abysmal start, I recently added him after looking at this:

By Month:

March/April - 61.3 GB%, 21.5 FB%, 28.0 Hard Hit%

May - 54.8 GB%, 30.1 FB%, 33.8 Hard Hit%

June - 42.3 GB%, 46.2 FB%, 57.7 Hard Hit%

Overall:

88.2% O-Contact%

91.8% Z-Contact%

5.3 SwStk%

The numbers for June are SSS and he just finished a 3 game series @Col so take the %'s with a grain of salt but it certainly a good trend, maybe he figured something out?  He has been much better vs LHP compared to RHP thus far but his .218 BABIP vs RHP should improve considering he has never had drastic splits.  The plate discipline #'s are elite as far as contact goes, if he keeps hitting the ball in the air with some authority maybe Jeff Sullivan from FG's was onto something (see below, re-posting from page 1).

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/my-current-favorite-breakout-pick/

My eyes jumped out of my head when I saw 88% O-Contact... slight correction... his O-Contact is 81%, his Contact is 88%...

Point still served though, elite contact and swinging strikes with a great eye (28 O-Swing)...

If he keeps this new batted ball profile we could be at the start of the breakout. Hopefully he can sustain. I'm in. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StevieStats said:

My eyes jumped out of my head when I saw 88% O-Contact... slight correction... his O-Contact is 81%, his Contact is 88%...

Point still served though, elite contact and swinging strikes with a great eye (28 O-Swing)...

If he keeps this new batted ball profile we could be at the start of the breakout. Hopefully he can sustain. I'm in. 

Yea, accidentally switched Contact%/O-Contact% numbers.  Good catch.  For what its worth Ender Inciarte has a 86% O-contact%!

2nd homer in 3 games he's been putting together some hits of late. 

Added ten days ago and he's been mashing the hell out of the ball. He also has SS and 2B eligibility which is key imo. 

He's still hitting in the bottom of the lineup.  I'm not sure if the counting stat binge, nor the power of late, is sustainable. 

13 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He's still hitting in the bottom of the lineup.  I'm not sure if the counting stat binge, nor the power of late, is sustainable. 

Batted 5th yesterday and batting 5th tonight. Technically that's bottom half of the lineup, but DBacks have a pretty deep lineup so the RBI/runs should be there. Especially hitting behind, Goldy, Lamb, and Peralta.

Dbacks may eventually go Jay, Marte, Goldy, Peralta, Lamb as top 5 in the order, and that would be massive for his value. However, the current lineup seems to be working well for them so I don't anticipate a change.

He's hitting almost well since June stared. Might the breakout be upon us? Still not stealing, but he's been hitting for power. 7 bombs in that time-frame. 

2 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

How much upside we looking at for next year? 

He's one of those guys I've add/dropped more times than I can count in dynasty formats. He has some good skills - very good speed (even though he has not shown the propensity to steal) and superb contact 13% K rate and a measly 6.3% swg strk. Pretty decent walk rate too at least for MI at just under 10%. 

He mashes LHP as a RHH 

.397 WOBA 144 wRC+ .234 ISO 11.2% K

Some really surprising pop as a RHH there's a vid somewhere of him teeing off on Kershaw he can hit from this side really well

The problem is he's flat out bad as a LHH (v RHP)

.274 WOBA 62 wRC+ .118 ISO 14.2%K

Yikes.

I wish he'd ditch switch hitting. Looks to me at least like he's a much. much better hitter from the right side. 

• Thanks 1