Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Eugenio Suarez 2018 Outlook

Unbelievable return. Seems fishy, but I hope he's 100% like every source including himself is saying he is.

• Like 2

I'm kind of afraid to make room for him. This seems like a situation where he comes back too early and goes back on the DL within a couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

Wow is right - I didnt think he would be back until Mid May...plus from rehab he looks to be hitting well.....will see how he looks over the weekend before deciding to activate Monday for weekly leagues....usually takes a while to round into form with a thumb fracture but this seems to be an unusual recovery in a good way so maybe he is good to go soon....great news and if there is  still time to buy or even pick up if someone foolishly dropped -  go get him! 

Now is probably the worst time to buy he is back so you likely would have to play full price. Plus what if they did rush him. 

His hard hit currently is 56.3%.

Soft contact is 9.4%.

His ISO is .244.

He's hitting to all fields better than he ever has.

He's also K'ing less this year.

Buy buy buy buy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

From Rotoballer, Waiver Wire adds segment:

BALLER MOVE: Add in All Leagues

OWNED IN: 50% of leagues

ANALYSIS: Eugenio Suarez returned from the disabled list on Thursday, a mere 18 days after breaking his thumb. That's even more impressive than the numbers he put up before suffering the injury. Though it was only eight games, the Reds' third baseman hit .296/.424/.630 with two home runs and 12 R+RBI, building on his impressive breakout performance from a year ago. In his three seasons with Cincinnati, Suarez has seen across-the-board improvement in his counting stats while tripling his walk rate.

While it may be fair to wonder if such a quick return from his injury will impact his performance at the plate, it's rare to see a talented player on such a clear upward trajectory languishing on the waiver wire in half of all Yahoo leagues. Suarez is absolutely worth picking up in any format.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, billofwa said:

4 rbi night.  My man.

Hr and 3 RBIs so far tonight 

2 minutes ago, Herndw01 said:

What happens to Suarez when Senzel gets called up? Does this guy still have a position to play? 

Senzel has been switched over from the start of the season and has been playing SS in the minors.  Suarez is the Cincy 3B and Senzel will play SS when called up.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Herndw01 said:

What happens to Suarez when Senzel gets called up? Does this guy still have a position to play? 

Of course. They just signed Suarez to a long term deal. They'll have to figure it out and make room for both.

Edited by knuckleheads

11 minutes ago, Herndw01 said:

or Suarez goes back to his natural position of SS. 

5 hours ago, cdd10 said:

This is what I heard during the preseason. But havent heard much about it since.

5 hours ago, cdd10 said:

Except that the team announced he would stay at 3B and Senzel would start playing SS.  Which is what he has been doing in the minors.

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure everyone was hoping Suarez would end up with SS eligibility.

This has been Eugenio Suarez biggest problem:

BB%

2015: 4.3

2016: 8.1

2017: 13.3

2018: 11.5

He's not a 300 hitter, but the PD gains look legit.

He's turning 27 and has increased his ISO by 30% from a breakout 2017.

If you see a guy that keeps improving over a few years from AAA up, you need to get him on your team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

I'm pretty sure everyone was hoping Suarez would end up with SS eligibility.

This has been Eugenio Suarez biggest problem:

BB%

2015: 4.3

2016: 8.1

2017: 13.3

2018: 11.5

He's not a 300 hitter, but the PD gains look legit.

He's turning 27 and has increased his ISO by 30% from a breakout 2017.

If you see a guy that keeps improving over a few years from AAA up, you need to get him on your team.

He had 84 walks last year, that's a high number for waiver wire fodder. He was dropped in a lot of leagues after his injury, a lot of people didn't notice this gradual improvement. On teams that need batters who get BB's, he's your guy. 

Suarez was just signed to a big extension - hes not going anywhere....Peraza is probably the odd man out unless he goes to 2B...he's been playing decent of late - I dont think they bring up Senzel until Super 2

This dude is criminally underrated. Was flabbergasted to see him on waivers in a couple leagues after the early injury....

• Like 2

This guy is truly breaking out and it's awesome to see. Such a sweet swing.