Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Eugenio Suarez 2018 Outlook

On 5/2/2018 at 3:34 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Except that the team announced he would stay at 3B and Senzel would start playing SS.  Which is what he has been doing in the minors.

Senzel is the 2B of the future, not SS. Suarez will stay at 3B either way.

1 hour ago, CFN said:

This guy is truly breaking out and it's awesome to see. Such a sweet swing.

He broke out last year.

• Like 1

Can’t believe how well he is doing after coming back from a broken thumb. I thought he would be done after that but he is on fire. Crazy low ownership too, I would jump all over him if he’s available. 

2 hours ago, Tayne said:

He broke out last year.

Not to split hairs but I think he actually broke out a couple years ago, and speaks to how underrated he really is. Last year should have put him on everyone’s map, but oddly didn’t. This year will be his going public year. Top 5 3B next year. 

He’s 26 

Edited by mavsfan23
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Not to split hairs but I think he actually broke out a couple years ago, and speaks to how underrated he really is. Last year should have put him on everyone’s map, but oddly didn’t. This year will be his going public year. Top 5 3B next year. 

He’s 26 

Yeah, sorry I was being vague – I didn't mean that he's just NOW breaking out... but perhaps now he's breaking out in the minds of the majority.

He's definitely broken out as an under the radar stud from two years ago. 

Still only 59% owned, hitting .321 with 20 RBI's even though he missed a portion of the year. Not too shabby for a waiver wire pickup!

15 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

He’s 26 

I was lucky enough to draft him this year in my dynasty league. He appears to be my 3B for years to come. 

16 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

He’s 26 

I'm not saying he's not actually finally breaking out this season, and I know this isn't going to be a very well liked post, but two months per season the last two years doesn't equal a breakout.  He always starts off April scorching, and then falls flat on his face.  He did it last year, and then had a great August to make his second half numbers look solid.  In 2016, he did the exact same thing.  I remember since I owned him then and was loving how he was helping to carry my team, only to turn into a completely different player.

I will say that the amount of walks he took last season was unexpected when I looked at his stats a bit ago.  Maybe that was at least a sign something was coming and he actually was going to breakout in 2018.  He's having a good season so far, and an amazing past week, but I can't help but still be slightly skeptical given what he's done the past two seasons.

• Like 1

It’s still early this year, but all of the improvements he made last year have continued to improve this year, and with a broken bone to boot. To be clear, I’m not expecting MVP type numbers or anything crazy, but something like .280/30 with whatever counting stats the Reds can muster up. From an improving youngster, that’s something I like a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

It’s still early this year, but all of the improvements he made last year have continued to improve this year, and with a broken bone to boot. To be clear, I’m not expecting MVP type numbers or anything crazy, but something like .280/30 with whatever counting stats the Reds can muster up. From an improving youngster, that’s something I like a lot. 

Definitely worth a starting spot on every roster. 

18 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

He’s 26 

Are we  those 2016 numbers really a breakout? Eh, I guess. 

I don’t think he’s completely off the radar. Maybe to your average fantasy player, but that doesn’t really apply to anyone here on a forum like this. The dude is good, but people also know what he’s going to give you. A decent average, some pop and steals here and there, and he’ll do it while being fairly streaky. 

Like last year: blazing in April, mediocre in May/June, pretty good for July, blazing again in August, and then complete garbage in September. 

I’m looking forward to owning him this year, but it’s pretty easy to understand how he might go “under the radar” compared to higher upside, younger, or more exciting picks. 

26 minutes ago, nykid1981 said:

Relative to ADP.....this guy might be an absolute steal

I think if this guy had twice the AB's (what most players have) he'd be >90% owned.  His HR/FB are a tad high but his BABIP is a tad low.  Hard hit rate up 19% from last year to 52.8%

3 RBIs already this game and it’s only the 3rd inning. 2 rbi single and an rbi double.

21 minutes ago, Helms said:

3 RBIs already this game and it’s only the 3rd inning. 2 rbi single and an rbi double.

Just now, ShowTyme said:

stud.

I been running him out there but to be fair....these last two games were perfect for him....two soft tossing lefties

25 RBIs in 20 games. Half his hits are xbh. BBs holding from tripling from a few years ago and k's are down. I hope it continues because I drafted this guy with confidence as my starting 3b in 16 teams

Where is the love for this guy?

He's only on pace for 85-35-150-297-376 over 500 AB's over 135 games.

Edited by dkrocka