Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Eugenio Suarez 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Where is the love for this guy?

He's only on pace for 85-35-150-297-376 over 500 AB's over 135 games.

And his batted balls numbers are ridiculous.  Should be >95% owned

21 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Where is the love for this guy?

He's only on pace for 85-35-150-297-376 over 500 AB's over 135 games.

People here usually talk about players NOT doing well or about prospects called up with a lot of hype.  You do your job and do it well and the threads are pretty quiet for those players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

Why does yahoo have him listed as Day to Day?

Just updated the Rotoworld blurb to say he is scratched today with a sore ankle.  Hopefully just a day of rest to get right.

Full blurb mentioned right above:

Wed, May 16        Eugenio Suarez is out of the Reds' starting lineup on Wednesday because of a sore right ankle.

Advice: Suarez tweaked his ankle on Tuesday night, though he played all eight-and-a-half innings of the Reds' road loss to the Giants and finished 2-for-3 with his seventh homer of the year. Alex Blandino is starting at third base and batting seventh Wednesday versus San Francisco left-hander Andrew Suarez.

Didn't say WHEN he tweaked his ankle in the game.  If early and he played through it then okay.  But late in the game, then I need to hear more.

I'm always nervous. Cautiously optimistic this is nothing though

It's not like they carried him off the field. He probably rolled it horizontally or vertically. Back by early next week is a reasonable expectation.

@The Big Bat Theory that's exactly how joram ended up on my team. Average prospect who puts in the work to improve. 30-95-285 is very possible. Which is the kind of thing that wins u a league at 190 or 200 or whatever.

1 hour ago, dkrocka said:

It's not like they carried him off the field. He probably rolled it horizontally or vertically. Back by early next week is a reasonable expectation.

@The Big Bat Theory that's exactly how joram ended up on my team. Average prospect who puts in the work to improve. 30-95-285 is very possible. Which is the kind of thing that wins u a league at 190 or 200 or whatever.

they showed the replay of when he sprained it. it didn't look terrible but who knows. 

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

People here usually talk about players NOT doing well or about prospects called up with a lot of hype.  You do your job and do it well and the threads are pretty quiet for those players.

Very true.  The exception(s) is usually when a player that is already doing good has a monster game or goes on one of those Gary Sanchez-like HR binge weeks.

Any word on why hes been pulled mid game?

5 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Any word on why hes been pulled mid game?

After a thorough scouring I have nothing. Nothing from CIN beat writers - weird.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

After a thorough scouring I have nothing. Nothing from CIN beat writers - weird.

Same was looking for news all over the place.......

Ankle was still bothering him. Announcers said a few times he was playing hurt. I’m guessing they didn’t want him making it worse. They should just let him sit all weekend and rest it.

• Thanks 1

I’m still not seeing any news on why he was taken out ?? Kind of strange. The reds have a double header today. It is going to suck if he is kept out for both.

Just now, Jimmymckrack said:

I’m still not seeing any news on why he was taken out ?? Kind of strange. The reds have a double header today. It is going to suck if he is kept out for both.

Just based on my guts, I say he sits today so I moved him out of my lineup.

So maybe they just rested him since they were getting blown out at the time ( down 5 runs )? Hope he plays both

Fwiw it was a double switch with the pitcher spot coming up 3rd in the next half inning. Bailey was getting shelled in the 5th, and they were bringing their long man (Stephens) out of the pen to replace him. Their choices were to bring in a RP for 1 out and pinch hit in the next half inning, let the pitcher hit, or do a double switch which they did. 

You don't usually see your cleanup / 5 hitter get double switched out, but maybe it was a combination of where in the batting order he was (he was just up in the last half inning) and easing him back into action. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Fwiw it was a double switch with the pitcher spot coming up 3rd in the next half inning. Bailey was getting shelled in the 5th, and they were bringing their long man (Stephens) out of the pen to replace him. Their choices were to bring in a RP for 1 out and pinch hit in the next half inning, let the pitcher hit, or do a double switch which they did. 

You don't usually see your cleanup / 5 hitter get double switched out, but maybe it was a combination of where in the batting order he was (he was just up in the last half inning) and easing him back into action. 

Yeah if they brought their mop up man in they were pretty much giving up.  Plus they aren't going anywhere this season.  So err on the side of caution and pull Suarez to be on the safe side.  You don't want to mess this guy up long term.

My guess is he will sit the second game today except to be available to pinch hit.

Dude is so clutch with bases loaded. Third career grand slam already.

absolute stud at this point. can’t believe he’s done all of this even with the broken thumb he returned unprecedentingly early from