Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Eugenio Suarez 2018 Outlook

Eugenio owners this year be like..

200.gif

Dude is ranked #9 in my league (averaged, due to missing those two weeks with injury).  He's still #23 overall even after missing those games.  Beast!!

• Like 2

Such a stud. One of my proudest breakout picks of the last few years.

• Like 1

I felt like I was missing something watching a 26y.o. newly minted, multi year committed, big $ 3B, coming off the season he had last year with skills growth across the board fall so far. 

No clue how he was so underrated coming into the season. 

Good for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treat88 said:

I felt like I was missing something watching a 26y.o. newly minted, multi year committed, big $ 3B, coming off the season he had last year with skills growth across the board fall so far. 

No clue how he was so underrated coming into the season. 

Good for him. 

Yeah, it's amazing his ADP was in the 200's when our league drafted in March.  I guess most of the "experts" thought last year was a fluke.

He leads all NL 3B in:

AVG

OBP

OPS

RBI

wRC+

wOBA

He leads all NL Hitters in:

OPS

RBI

wRC+

wOBA

giphy.gif

• Like 4

This is going back quite a few years now but Suarez' rise gives me a bit of a Carlos Baerga vibe.   Baerga came up in the 90s as a decent MI prospect with some pop but gave no indication of the kind of hitter he was going to become.  His first couple of years were as suspected but then he just kept getting better and better until becoming an elite bat over the next half dozen years or so.  Suarez actually has more power and takes more walks so he might not find it too difficult to follow a similar path to fantasy stardom.    

Basically doing what we expected Bryant to do this year... 

Edited by knuckleheads

:wub: his whole season is one hot streak after another.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

We are not worthy.

Jk we are.

8 hours ago, MireLurker said:

:wub: his whole season is one hot streak after another.

But is any of it really a hot streak if it's the whole season? ;)

• Like 1

Just turned 27 and on pace to surpass last years numbers. Could we be seeing his peak, or is he capable of improving next year?

I believe he can! From what he has shown last year and the improvement this year leads me to believe this guy has top 20-30 upside. Maybe even sniff 1st round value if he ups his SBs, thats a big IF. 

This young Reds lineup will continue to get better and I can see Eugenio being a huge part in that.

.305/22/76 in just  321 ABs

We could be seeing the start of something special.

• Like 1

I think his horrible success rate at stealing has basically killed any chance of him reaching double figures there ever again (or even really attempting more than a handful a season), so that first round value might not be possible, but his stock for next season does continue to rise.

Soft hit 9% Hard hit 52%. That’s insane. You can’t fake those numbers the .300 average is going to stick if he continues barreling up the ball that way.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Good lord he’s on fire. 

Kinda sorta....

This guy just doesn't get enough press, attention, mentions, etc. So underrated.

Here are his current numbers:

G  AB     R     H    2b  3B  HR RBI BB So SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

95 363 67 111 22 2 25 73 51 74 2 1 .306 .388 .584 .973

OOPS!! MY APOLOGIES..These Numbers actually belong to Nolan Arenado.

Edited by KingJoffrey
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Here are his current numbers:

G  AB     R     H    2b  3B  HR RBI BB So SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

95 363 67 111 22 2 25 73 51 74 2 1 .306 .388 .584 .973

OOPS!! MY APOLOGIES..These Numbers actually belong to Nolan Arenado.

Arenado, aka, Suarez lite. Who woulda thought this was possible? I was a huge Suarez fan, but this is next level best-case-scenario. 

1 hour ago, mavsfan23 said:

Arenado, aka, Suarez lite. Who woulda thought this was possible? I was a huge Suarez fan, but this is next level best-case-scenario. 

I don't think Suarez would have even thought that going into the season.  He's making me forget about his silly hair.

And he missed 2+ weeks with the broken thumb. How is this possible

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CFN said:

And he missed 2+ weeks with the broken thumb. How is this possible

He puts on his uniform and walks out of the clubhouse.  Then he eventually puts on his batting gloves, grabs a batting helmet and bat, and walks out of the dugout.  Eventually he walks into the batter's box and crushes baseballs.  That's how he makes it possible. ;)

8 hours ago, bigbossman said:

Time to start talking MVP

I don't think he can win MVP, given how bad the Reds are.  But he can win something much more important...

FANTASY MVP!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, k.k. said:

This guy just doesn't get enough press, attention, mentions, etc. So underrated.

14 hours ago, k.k. said:

Love it. He’s been my best player all year and yet I have not received one trade offer. Made me think I might be able to throw him back and draft him with my first pick. But nah, he’s just been too good, definitely keeper material. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grace17 said:

Love it. He’s been my best player all year and yet I have not received one trade offer. Made me think I might be able to throw him back and draft him with my first pick. But nah, he’s just been too good, definitely keeper material. 

I wouldn't throw him back in a keeper league.  Somebody will realize it eventually, whether something finally clicks in their brain or the "experts" finally catch on when doing their draft kits/rankings for the next season and he gets hyped enough to not be missed.

He's been the best player nobody has talked about this season (now that Jose Ramirez has finally been noticed), but in a fantasy baseball league, it's hard to ignore numbers and rankings when looking for a trade.  This will temporarily go into CSB, but there's a relevance to it.  When I was looking to upgrade some of my offense a while back, I'll admit I didn't know he was doing as good as he was doing.  Then once I knew he had been doing it pretty much consistently all season and he wasn't dropping off like in the past, I definitely made a point to try to trade for him.  Eventually I thankfully got something done.

So, in other words, I can't understand why he would still go ignored so to speak by other owners in leagues.  Say what you want about rankings/player raters, but he's currently 21st on Yahoo.  I think I could find a place on my roster for the 21st ranked player if I didn't already own him.

• Like 1