Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Eugenio Suarez 2018 Outlook

Our man's hit a rough patch lately.  Platinum sombrero tonight, including some really terrible hacks.  Might need a day off to regroup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Our man's hit a rough patch lately.  Platinum sombrero tonight, including some really terrible hacks.  Might need a day off to regroup.

I like the sound of that. He's earned a lifetime pass on my teams this year so whatever it takes.

• Like 1

I guess it was bound to happen eventually, although maybe he didn't need to be quite this awful tonight.  He was swinging at so much crap tonight.  Hopefully he can himself back on track if they give him a day off.

Anyone else alarmed by the fact that all of the progress he made last season and in the first half of this season seems to have completely evaporated?  His walk rate over the last couple of months has plummeted, and he's striking out left and right.

Not to take away from the amazing season he was having, but I'm a bit concerned myself.

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Anyone else alarmed by the fact that all of the progress he made last season and in the first half of this season seems to have completely evaporated?  His walk rate over the last couple of months has plummeted, and he's striking out left and right.

Not to take away from the amazing season he was having, but I'm a bit concerned myself.

Just hit a clutch game tying hr lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Helms said:

Just hit a clutch game tying hr lol

5 minutes ago, ShowTyme said:

lmao and that ladies and gentleman is how the baseball gods work

You're all welcome?  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

What concerns me is his rising K rate. He’s been spectacular. I’m keeping him in a keep 6 but I’m a little concerned this is an extreme career year ala Marcell Ozuna. 

Still, no complaints. He kept my team afloat in May and June. But yeah, there are a few things to keep an eye on going forward. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grace17 said:

What concerns me is his rising K rate. He’s been spectacular. I’m keeping him in a keep 6 but I’m a little concerned this is an extreme career year ala Marcell Ozuna. 

Still, no complaints. He kept my team afloat in May and June. But yeah, there are a few things to keep an eye on going forward. 

Ozuna is a guy who has alternated good and bad seasons. Suarez was really good last season. 

5 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Nope.

Jeff Sullivan, Fangraphs: Baseball’s Most Anonymous Great Player

This year, by overall xwOBA, Suarez ranks in the 93rd percentile, around names like Alex Bregman, Manny Machado, Jose Ramirez, and Francisco Lindor. Meanwhile, by xwOBA on contact, Suarez ranks in the 94th percentile, around names like Christian Yelich, Giancarlo Stanton, Bryce Harper, and Jesus Aguilar. I’m not making this up — on contact, Suarez has an xwOBA of .485, and Stanton shows up at .478. Peak Stanton hits the ball harder than peak Suarez, but Suarez has eliminated the difference by hitting the ball more consistently well. That’s the actual point of the job.

• Like 1

Seriously, Eugenio, wake up.  It's like he's been sleepwalking through the past couple of weeks.  Where's the good Suarez again?

At this point, it's likely time to bench Suarez unless you don't have any alternative at all.  I know I'm highly considering it.  Granted tonight was against Chen, who is ridiculously good at home, he can't even do anything against lefties anymore.  He really should be 0-4 tonight, but they gave him an infield hit on what I think should have been an error.  He's faced several lefties over the last week or two.