nittanychris

Nelson Cruz 2018 Outlook

FWIW a beat writer said that he was walking gingerly in the club house but was not wearing a walking boot.

Edited by HelloMelo

Word is he hurt himself celebrating a HR. This felt familiar to me so I looked through last year's thread..

Never change Nelly.

Word on Twitter is they are leaning towards DLing him with the SF series coming up, plus it can be back-dated. I wish they'd just reveal the MRI results. The silence is deafening.

Just speculating but my guess is they DL him before the 4:30 start today in San Fran since he definitely won't be playing the field today or tomorrow. That takes us to Thursday where he would only need to be on the DL10 a few more games before coming back early next week, extra rested, and ready to go

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Word on Twitter is they are leaning towards DLing him with the SF series coming up, plus it can be back-dated. I wish they'd just reveal the MRI results. The silence is deafening.

Servais said it was a sprain, no major damage:
"(Cruz) was actually moving around quite a bit better yesterday, better than I expected,” Servais told Mike Salk and guest host Jesse Jones. “I did see him after he had the MRI taken. It’s an ankle sprain, but there’s nothing horribly wrong with the ligaments or the Achilles, anything like that. Still, trying to determine do we give him the 10-day DL or try to hold out for a few days since we’re going to National League clubs (two games in San Francisco). We’re going to probably make that decision later today. But it’s very unfortunate. Nelson is swinging the bat great… I’d like to say there’s a reason for this stuff, but this one I can’t really explain…

“Like I said, we’ll see how it is before we jump on the plane today. My gut feel is probably should give him the time down.”

Cruz turned his ankle in the Mariners’ dugout moments after hitting a home run in Game 2 of the series. An MRI Sunday morning revealed a sprain, but no major damage, Servais said.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/433952/mariners-nelson-cruz-could-be-heading-dl/

• Like 1

Was supposed to be back today according to everything I've seen, really hope so.  My DL slots are too full already.

Any update on his status? Really need him back, i have 6 players on the DL hahaha.

• Like 1

Nelson Cruz (ankle) ran the bases prior to Friday's game against the Athletics.

Advice: He hasn't been activated from the disabled list, but it sounds like he could return as soon as Saturday. Cruz has been sidelined since the second game of the regular season after spraining his ankle on the steps in the dugout.

Cruz has been back from the disabled list for a week but he said he still feels soreness in the ankle on swings and misses and when he doesn't make hard contact.”  Report on Roto

well I’ve got a great suggestion for you and your owners then, Big Boy! More hard contact please!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

Cruz has been back from the disabled list for a week but he said he still feels soreness in the ankle on swings and misses and when he doesn't make hard contact.”  Report on Roto

well I’ve got a great suggestion for you and your owners then, Big Boy! More hard contact please!

He’s using all upper body right now.  Could be a tough stretch for him.  If he gets hot I’d move him pretty quick if I owed him.  Rondon tossed him a BP slider on 0-2 yesterday right down pipe and he just tried to arm it out for a weak fly out.  His lower half isn’t getting a lot of movement on swing.  Hopefully he gets going again soon.  

Edited by Cmilne23

Nelson juuuuuuuuat missed a moon shot homer that went well over the left field fowl pole. Umpire reviewed it but wasn’t conclusive. Next pitch: absolute laser to left that smashed off the wall above the first deck.  It will be nice to see him get going 

(and I did recommend to him to make more hard contact to stop aggravating that ankle a few posts above; glad he listened lol)

Edited by merlin401
  • Like 2

Anyone think Cruz will pickup 5 RF appearances at some point this season in inter-league games?  Or at this point in his career is he a DH/PH only?

What’s going on here?  This guy sucks - it’s mid may...my patience is wearing thin