TXTaz

George Springer 2018 Outlook

Yeah, this guy is becoming unbearable.  I'm well aware of what he's capable of - but this is horrendous.

5 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

Yeah, this guy is becoming unbearable.  I'm well aware of what he's capable of - but this is horrendous.

This slump has been so frustrating, and now this injury cant help.

His track record suggests hell have a massive hot streak sooner or later but these last couple weeks have been brutal.

Any updates on his back injury sustained in Saturdays game? Just a tweak I hope....

5 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

This slump has been so frustrating, and now this injury cant help.

His track record suggests hell have a massive hot streak sooner or later but these last couple weeks have been brutal.

Hopefully the back injury isn't serious and he gets a few days off. The few days off may do him wonders.  Then comes the massive hot streak you mentioned, and we all become happy and forget the slump.

5 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

what are the chances that this leads to Tucker being called up ? 

Not sure but he's available in my 10-team and I'm scooping him up today to be safe

From cbs:

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Springer (back), who is out of the lineup for Sunday's game against the Rays, is available off the bench, Brian McTaggart of MLB.com reports.

Springer is nursing a sore back after falling into the stands on a diving grab in Saturday's contest, but the injury isn't anything worrisome. With a team off day coming Monday, the Astros decided it was prudent to hold Springer out of the lineup to afford him two days of rest prior to the two-game set in Texas that begins Tuesday. Tony Kemp will pick up a start in the outfield Sunday while Springer heads to the bench for the afternoon contest.

16 hours ago, Dugout Legend said:

Any updates on his back injury sustained in Saturdays game? Just a tweak I hope....

Please stop pinch running him and stick him on the DL.  Don't you just hate it when a player is too big of a name not to be picked up by someone else so you can't drop him (dynasty) though you'd love to drop him if you could?  That is what the fake DL list is for.  Please I'm begging you Houston, DL this guy.

54 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Please stop pinch running him and stick him on the DL.  Don't you just hate it when a player is too big of a name not to be picked up by someone else so you can't drop him (dynasty) though you'd love to drop him if you could?  That is what the fake DL list is for.  Please I'm begging you Houston, DL this guy.

Who the hell wants to drop Springer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What in tarnation are you talking about?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

What in tarnation are you talking about?

He is horrible right now.  He needs a fake DL stint.  I need a roster space.  Win-win for both George and me.

12 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

His game log is incredible.  I encourage y’all to take a look at it some time for a laugh 

I have a look when another one of my players is slumping and I get mad -- so I remind myself at least they aren't George Springer bad.

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

So annoying. Guy hasn’t had an RBI in forever. The yahoo app on my phone won’t even let me scroll to the last game he’s got an RBI

If you're curious, its June 20 which was his last HR too.

Edited by Gryfter

Is this guy hurt?

15 minutes ago, B&F said:

Is this guy hurt?

I think he's just bad and lost all confidence at the plate (for now).  Firmly plant him on bench until he shows a pulse.  Matt Carpenter was equally bad for over a month now look at him.  some plays go through excessive cold spells. 

2 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

I think he's just bad and lost all confidence at the plate (for now).  Firmly plant him on bench until he shows a pulse.  Matt Carpenter was equally bad for over a month now look at him.  some plays go through excessive cold spells. 

Springer is struggling right now but hes had some bad luck, hes had a few homers taken away from him (even yesterday his last at bat was crushed but a great catch was made at the wall). He is also typically streaky so hang in there... it's ok to bench him until he turns it around if you have a deep bench. 

• Like 1

I guess I'm confused.

Does 0-4 every day qualify as good stats leading off? This is a bit of a wonder to behold how he's still hacking away in the leadoff spot. My previous experience told me that someone as inept as Springer needed to be either in the 9-hole or demoted but I'm seeing a different strategy employed here so just wondering.

I have been watching Springer’s games and It’s gotten to the point that every time I see him up I expect an out. It’s quite perturbing.

Edited by hangin n wangin

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I guess I'm confused.

Does 0-4 every day qualify as good stats leading off? This is a bit of a wonder to behold how he's still hacking away in the leadoff spot. My previous experience told me that someone as inept as Springer needed to be either in the 9-hole or demoted but I'm seeing a different strategy employed here so just wondering.

I guess he’s just one of those players where you just stick with him until he rides it out.

21 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I guess I'm confused.

Real life Managers aren't managing a fantasy team and can’t just make knee jerk decisions like that.  They don’t build their lineups based on the last month’s stats.  

Springer has been an all-star caliber hitter for several seasons and is one of their most important players.  Yeah he’s been in a month long terrible slump but before that he was having one of his best seasons.  They need him good again.  The solution isn’t moving him from the lineup spot he’s held forever and making him feel worse.

Edited by The Waker
  • Like 1