thebrowns

2018 Rookie QB Class

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Allen/Jackson...potato/potahto. I guess I just give Allen an edge due to arm strength. Otherwise it’s personal preference I suppose

Jackson = RG3

Allen = Cam

9 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Weapons are an issue. But DJ + Fitzgerald aren't exactly the worst supporting cast. Along with what was a decent rookie season from Kirk. Their by far biggest issue is OL. This unit was projected to be among the worst, and then lost all 5 starters to IR. Starting OL the last couple weeks: 7th round rookie - UDFA rookie - 3rd round rookie - street FA (singed 3 weeks ago) - street FA (signed 2 weeks ago).

DJ is having an awful season.  

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Jackson = RG3

Allen = Cam

I’ve also been saying Jackson is RG3 all over again. I’ve had a harder time finding a comp for Allen, but Cam is probably the best I’ve heard 

5 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He's 11th RB in 0.5ppr. That's not awful.

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Not to get off track of the QB’s, but DJ is in an awful situation between a horrible o-line & an installed offense that doesn’t use his strengths. They stated in the game @ ATL that they have no choice but to stick with this offense for the season. This offseason should bring in a new scheme to use DJ’s talents & take pressure off the QB to make plays. Rosen seems to be no more than a game manager type that needs a strong running game (see: Bortles)

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

I’ve also been saying Jackson is RG3 all over again. I’ve had a harder time finding a comp for Allen, but Cam is probably the best I’ve heard 

Allen is Tim Tebow.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Allen is Tim Tebow.

Don’t be ridiculous. Allen has a much better release and mechanics in general, he just hasn’t displayed accuracy required at the next level. He’s not sailing balls 20 feet over their heads or anything

Just now, lolcopter said:

Don’t be ridiculous. Allen has a much better release and mechanics in general, he just hasn’t displayed accuracy required at the next level. He’s not sailing balls 20 feet over their heads or anything

It is a decent comp. Athletically they are in the same realm. As runners they are both big, strong, and fast. Both are seriously deficient as passers. Tebow was even worse with his mechanics.

Cam is a good comp as well, but Cam was a much better passer coming out and continues to be good.