bbythepier

Jack Flaherty 2018 Outlook

19 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Anyone have Jack and not starting him today against PIT?

He has pitched against PIT twice.  Both times @PIT.  4/28:  5 IP, 4 H, 4 BB, 3 ER, 2 K.  5/26:  6 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 1 ER, 4 K.  So neither performance was a world beater, but improvement from the first to the second, and both still respectable/solid.  At least by now he should know how to pitch the lineup.  Gotta start him I'd say.

• Like 1

I don't own Flaherty but I'm surprised anyone would be on the fence about starting him here. Who cares what he has done against the Pirates thus far, it's a sample size of two games. 

35 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

Looks like Flaherty and the rotation subject gets put to bed for a little with Reyes’ injury. 

At least for a few weeks...

Words cannot describe how tired I am of the Pirates.  I can’t wait until Flaherty gets to pitch against other teams.

5 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Words cannot describe how tired I am of the Pirates.  I can’t wait until Flaherty gets to pitch against other teams.

I just hate owning Cardinals' pitching, because it means tying my fantasy destiny to the decisions of Mike Matheny. Just the worst.

• Like 1

So disappointing, was so close to getting out of the inning and staying in line for the W. Not a bad outing overall but could have been much better. Rolling him out with confidence next week.

3 minutes ago, tcorb22 said:

So disappointing, was so close to getting out of the inning and staying in line for the W. Not a bad outing overall but could have been much better. Rolling him out with confidence next week.

Still in line for the win. 

3 meh games out of 6 games. Marlins hit hard today. Still a hold? Next one is against SD though. 

1 minute ago, Philoumenos said:

I'm not saying the 120 pitch game did him in, but I'm still kind of ticked off about it.

somebody should've been fired for that

Faced PIT 3x and a MIA team that has surprisingly busted many a 'streaming' pitcher this year.  Still think he has value myself

27 minutes ago, tscherrer2 said:

are you inferring anything with that graphic?

Nothing in particular really, just posted because I noticed that his four seamer seemed to have lost some speed yesterday as the game went on. Saw him only hit 89-90 a few times. The sinker seeemd to have lost some zip too. 

Maybe he’s getting fatigued. Wouldn’t be surprising after he was pushed so hard in a few games, and considering his age. Maybe it’s nothing. But something I’ll keep an eye on in the next start. 

• Like 2

Concerned a little with the velocity drop and the fact Mikolas didn't have any issues with Miami's lineup last night.

Seriously why did they let him go 120 pitches makes no sense what so ever obviously that has something to do with it

On 6/8/2018 at 12:43 PM, ZChronicNebula said:

Seriously why did they let him go 120 pitches makes no sense what so ever obviously that has something to do with it

IKR this is outrageous!

Got gassed with temps and pitch count I guess

Hopefully tonight's game against San Diego can get him back on track. Love the pedigree, but has been underwhelming the past couple starts.

Although a start against the Padres is inconclusive as to what the future may hold  he had his second highest average velocity on the four seamer at 93.94.  

• Thanks 1

Looked good today but the high pitch count cost him a chance at a win and a QS. No complaints overall though, dude looks like he'll be a stud.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Looked good today but the high pitch count cost him a chance at a win and a QS. No complaints overall though, dude looks like he'll be a stud.

If I owned him in a dynasty league I'd be ecstatic 

• Like 1

This kid has a mind of steel with the way he pitched out of a bases loaded jam in the 3rd last night, then a 2 on, no outs situation in the 4th inning when he was having trouble locating the strike zone. His control isn't totally there yet, but he knows how to pitch.

• Like 1