• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
EmbargoLifted

Gleyber Torres 2018 Outlook

Love every minute of it but what is this guy??  Is he a Lindor clone?  Bellinger?  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

Ahead of both Judge and Stanton in avg HR distance.  SSS, but still impressive at 21. 

12 hours ago, AHF said:

Another bomb.  They have to move him up the lineup at some point here.  Wasting his production by taking away plate appearances at the bottom of the lineup.

You are so wrong

The Yankees will leave Gleyber in the 9 hole.

Like when Miguel was going crazy with the bat ...

The Yankees need to move him up in the order.

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

You are so wrong

The Yankees will leave Gleyber in the 9 hole.

Like when Miguel was going crazy with the bat ...

The Yankees need to move him up in the order.

Really think he is most valuable at 9th?  I still dont understand why Gardner is leading off still, seems to be these 2 should be flipped in the lineup

2 hours ago, TekilaAF said:

Really think he is most valuable at 9th?  I still dont understand why Gardner is leading off still, seems to be these 2 should be flipped in the lineup

Yes, I do because the Yankees are content to not put any extra pressure on the kids. The roles are set 

if things keep progressing maybe by September for the  (post season)  I see the Yankees making a change in the order. 

Think Correa, Carlos. He's the franchise player.

29 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

lol

2015: Sanchez

2017: Judge

2018: Torres

Yanks are so lucky

Its hardly luck. The Yankees finally decided not to recycle 36 year old's in order to compete, bit the bullet for 2 years and are now going to be elite for a decade. Their front office is among the best, if not the best in the league, all money and market advantages aside. 

- Sincerely, a Red Sox fan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You look at how Houston built their team,, it was from being terrible year after year getting #1 picks.  Yankees haven't finished below .500 in a very long time.

As with any draft pick there's a large amount of luck if they boom or bust. Torres will be a solid player but he isn't close to what he's been doing. Sell high 

11 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

As with any draft pick there's a large amount of luck if they boom or bust. Torres will be a solid player but he isn't close to what he's been doing. Sell high 

I wouldn't even sell high in a redraft league. Obviously he's going to cool down but the kid is the real deal. He'll be on plenty of first place teams this season. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

I wouldn't even sell high in a redraft league. Obviously he's going to cool down but the kid is the real deal. He'll be on plenty of first place teams this season. 

agree, in the couple leagues i dont own him im trying to buy

hes very good, cant believe i havent posted in his thread

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Is anyone selling? 5 Home Runs in 5 days. I want to keep him, but wouldn't mind fleecing someone for a top 30 pick.

38 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

don't listen to this.

1 hour ago, Saucy said:

Its hardly luck. The Yankees finally decided not to recycle 36 year old's in order to compete, bit the bullet for 2 years and are now going to be elite for a decade. Their front office is among the best, if not the best in the league, all money and market advantages aside. 

- Sincerely, a Red Sox fan

It's all about money, let's be real. 

They got Torres when they traded Chapman who they traded for because they could afford him and then also resigned him as a free agent.  They signed Andrew Miller as a free agent and then traded him for Clint Frazier and other good prospects.  They got Stanton because they could afford him.  Sanchez and Judge they acquired in the draft and as an amateur free agents.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Is anyone selling? 5 Home Runs in 5 days. I want to keep him, but wouldn't mind fleecing someone for a top 30 pick.

Absolutely. 

Now is the perfect time to sell him in redrafts.

Especially if you have a Top SS/2b like I have many teams with Jose Ramirez + Lindor + Moncada + Dozier so Torres did not even break my line up, so I packaged him up with another bat I had for a guy like Giancarlo Stanton. Easy money. 

2 UTIL spots in yahoo pro league and he's got dual eligibility.  It would take something big for me to move him at this point.  

9 hours ago, evillaw4eva said:

They got him in a trade and then signed the guy that they traded him for. Brilliant.

Every time a player who isn't supposed to hit for power breaks out, people scream "sell high". They did it with Mookie. They did it with Lindor. They did it with Didi. They did it with Albies. They did it with Jose Ramirez. Now they're doing it with Torres. But hey, keep looking at their minor league data.....

• Like 5

You can tell it's for real because he's not just hammering middle-middle fastballs and hanging sliders-- some of these homers have come on legitimately good, well-placed pitches that he just adjusts to mid-pitch. It's a rare talent to be able to pull your hands in on pitches and get as much power on them as Gleyber does. That quick-adjustment skill is what will allow him to fend off slumps and be a consistent producer. 

2 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

They got him in a trade and then signed the guy that they traded him for. Brilliant.

Every time a player who isn't supposed to hit for power breaks out, people scream "sell high". They did it with Mookie. They did it with Lindor. They did it with Didi. They did it with Albies. They did it with Jose Ramirez. Now they're doing it with Torres. But hey, keep looking at their minor league data.....

It's been said before but the Yankees have notoriously bad minor league parks for hitting... Scranton and Trenton (AAA and AA respectively) are both especially big parks so the MiLB stats for their top prospects are often a bit depressed. Yankee Stadium is much better hitting park than both.

• Like 1