EmbargoLifted

Gleyber Torres 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

Any more confirmation on this, before I leave a dead spot in my h2h lineup? 

Yankees Twitter from 25 min. ago has him starting at 2B and hitting 8th.

He's playing. Aaron Boone said there was a typo on the board somewhere in the stadium. Hitting 9th playing 2B.

Edited by Fiveohnine

Anyone else feel like this guy isnt getting enough love?   all I see and read about is Acuna/Vlad JR/Soto.   Yet this guy has been amazing since being brought up.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, svtballa said:

Anyone else feel like this guy isnt getting enough love?   all I see and read about is Acuna/Vlad JR/Soto.   Yet this guy has been amazing since being brought up.

I'm with ya. The kid's a natural-born hitter (good fielder too, actually). And as for 'love', his numbers will eventually become impossible to ignore in any 'top rookie' discussion.

Edited by Router

7 minutes ago, svtballa said:

I agree. As an Acuna and Vlad Jr owner, I admit I'm guilty of it myself. I thought Gleyber would just be bench support for me this year with hopes for keeper value down the road, but he just keeps producing. Pleasantly surprised!

14 minutes ago, svtballa said:

You must not have seen the Andujar thread with all the love he gets when he finally does something.  People put it in their heads that Andujar would be more valuable and can't accept the truth.  Torres is a very special player.

1 minute ago, svtballa said:

How are you guys handling his dynasty value?  I have  some people sending me trades.  

Untouchable, I think he has Correa type upside but some might think I’m crazy saying that. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Untouchable, I think he has Correa type upside but some might think I’m crazy saying that. 

I reckon even higher

He won the AFL MVP as a 19-year-old. Takes a special talent to do that. I was really surprised at how far he dropped on some prospect lists coming into the season, even with the injury in mind.

Torres eventually has to be bumped up in the order. Would be awesome to see him hit second followed by Judge, Stanton, and Sanchez. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Torres eventually has to be bumped up in the order. Would be awesome to see him hit second followed by Judge, Stanton, and Sanchez. 

I can see something like that happening someday since Didi is really close to being dropped in the order.

Yankees are playing Whack-A-Mole right now. One gets hot, another cools off. If Didi gets going while Torres is still hitting well, this will be a fun team to watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrBrown said:

You must not have seen the Andujar thread with all the love he gets when he finally does something.  People put it in their heads that Andujar would be more valuable and can't accept the truth.  Torres is a very special player.

well maybe it was because you kept writing Brandon Drury over n over . Where is Brandon today?

I will agree Torres is special

9 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I do not think that is going to happen . Why mess with something that is going good.

I'm glad to see that he is hitting HR. this is what I was hoping for.

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

well maybe it was because you kept writing Brandon Drury over n over . Where is Brandon today?

I will agree Torres is special

I do not think that is going to happen . Why mess with something that is going good.

Um wut. What does Brandon Drury have to do with anything?  Sounds like your cap is on too tight.

This kid is way better than I was lead to believe.  It's odd cuz he was a consensus top 5 MLB prospect, yet it seemed like the projections from most pundits seemed to be a .275 hitter with 15 home run power, and 15 SB potential.   Solid numbers, but not exactly what you'd think from a top 5 prospect.  If what we're seeing is legit, and not just a hot stretch, then this kid is a Lindor like talent at the MLB level.  The hit tool is impressive.  More so than advertised. 

Another bomb.  They have to move him up the lineup at some point here.  Wasting his production by taking away plate appearances at the bottom of the lineup.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Another bomb.  They have to move him up the lineup at some point here.  Wasting his production by taking away plate appearances at the bottom of the lineup.

i want to agree. id lead him off vs lefties and put hicks in the 5th spot

not sure about righties, gotta see what bird does and if didi bounces back.  then at least you have 2 lefties to break up the righties

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agreed. He should be hitting second. I have Judge and prefer him in the more meaty RBI spot batting third. 

• Like 1

Gleybomb Torres - I figured dual eligibility in that lineup made for a good bench bat, this is a nice bonus so far