EmbargoLifted

Gleyber Torres 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Someone project a reasonable 2019 line for Torres

.280/90/20-25/80/10

Coming into the season his biggest doubt was if he could hit for power.  Obviously he’s proving that right now, I don’t think anyone should expect this guy to become a 30-40 hr type of guy though...that’s just ridiculous.  

Torres is good, but not this good. I've had him in dynasty for years and always valued him as a potential 25/20 .300 guy. Valuable, certainly, but not a classic power bat. He's on a pace now to hit 40+ homers and his average is .385. If someone wants to pay full price those stats, I'd say you let them, especially in a redraft.

Guy is swatting homers like Matt Olson did last year. No way he stays on this pace but I really think he can flirt with 30 long balls playing half his games at Yankee Stadium. My question is when does he move up in the lineup? He's obviously producing out of the 9 spot but the kid is the hottest hitter on the team, why not swap him with a struggling Didi? It could potentially improve production with Gleyber's hot bat and send a little shock to Didi and get him back on track.

• Like 1

Who would you guys choose...

Edited by phizzics
Please ask league and team specific questions in the Bench Coach forum. Thanks!

I always thought he was more Rosario than Lindor.

Kid looks really good right now. Happy to be wrong for now and hope he keeps it up. 

8 hours ago, collucho said:

Guy is swatting homers like Matt Olson did last year. No way he stays on this pace but I really think he can flirt with 30 long balls playing half his games at Yankee Stadium. My question is when does he move up in the lineup? He's obviously producing out of the 9 spot but the kid is the hottest hitter on the team, why not swap him with a struggling Didi? It could potentially improve production with Gleyber's hot bat and send a little shock to Didi and get him back on track.

i think i'm fine with them not messing with him at all right now lol

Yankees are costing themselves runs batting him so low in the lineup.  Kid is raking.

Wow I am not sure if I posted this bit I was hoping for Albies rookie year numbers but he is putting up better numbers than rookie Correa!!! This is insane!!! 

19 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Wow I am not sure if I posted this bit I was hoping for Albies rookie year numbers but he is putting up better numbers than rookie Correa!!! This is insane!!! 

It would be insane if the season was only 27 games long. Torres is hot over a small sample of plate appearances; let's not get carried away here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

It would be insane if the season was only 27 games long. Torres is hot over a small sample of plate appearances; let's not get carried away here.

Well obviously...but whatever he has done has been impressive and he is doing better than what Correa was doing after 27 games. 

• Like 1

Remember when the Reds traded Chapman to the Yankees for a bag of grape flavored Big League Chew? Then the Yankees turned around and traded Chapman to the Cubs for this guy?

Yes, I’m salty! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spuds said:

Remember when the Reds traded Chapman to the Yankees for a bag of grape flavored Big League Chew? Then the Yankees turned around and traded Chapman to the Cubs for this guy?

Yes, I’m salty! 

You forgot to add that the Yankees ended up getting Chapman back anyway.

Cubs: World Series title

Yankees: Chapman, Torres,  Adam Warren, Billy McKinney, and Rashad Crawford

Reds: Rookie Davis, Caleb Cotham (signed with Mariners as FA), Tony Renda (sold to DBacks), Eric Jagielo (traded to Marlins for cash)

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

Why isn’t Yahoo giving him credit for the stolen base?

Nevermind. It just updated finally. 

Edited by HaloFanatic17

Got drilled in the wrist, looked to be in a lot of pain. Ended up staying in the game but we'll see what he says postgame and how he feels these next couple of days. Scary moment. 

For some reason Gleyber is showing scratched on Yahoo but I am seeing him in the lineup on baseballpress and I dont see anything about him being scratched on Twitter.   Any one else have some insight?   Maybe just another mistake by Yahoo?

6 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

For some reason Gleyber is showing scratched on Yahoo but I am seeing him in the lineup on baseballpress and I dont see anything about him being scratched on Twitter.   Any one else have some insight?   Maybe just another mistake by Yahoo?

They had the same issue yesterday.