Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrowhead

Arenado or Goldy?

Who you taking with the third pick off the board after trout and Altuve ?

Arenado he's the best offensive 3B in the game today! You know you want to draft him. 

7 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Arenado. Goldy should be going towards the end of the first round now. Arenado is the clear #3.

I lean towards Arenado as well. During our draft last year, I was able to get Goldy in early 2nd Rd. But that could be due to some guys going SP more than bats at that time too. I don't think you can go wrong with either though. Just depends on what 3b or 1b option will be there in Rd 2 for you. Good luck!

21 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Who you taking with the third pick off the board after trout and Altuve ?

Assuming re-draft? Probably Goldy, love the SB's at 1B, gives you some flexibility to do other things like a Schoop at 2B who is being undervalued.  Also I think 3B is loaded this year, so its not so much anti-Arenado as well as it is, Im not using a 1st rounder on 3B in 2018

6 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

arenado and its not close. would take trea over goldy as well

So looking at the 5 standard categories of Avg, HR, RBI, SB and Runs, playing head to head against one another the last 3 years, Arenado beats Goldy 8-7 with every year being 3-2 or 2-3 

With the humidor added in Az, I'd go with  Arenado with the 3rd pick for rure.....as great as Goldy is, the humidor adds uncertainty  and I don't like uncertainty that high in the draft......(I'm not saying do anything drastic, but I do think the extra risk drops him a slot or two, making Arenado the clear #3)