CurvePirate814

Tyler Glasnow 2018 Outlook

Wow that was an absolutely horrible outing. He couldn’t control his curve whatsoever and they just sat on his fastball. Wonderful start for us playoff teams.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, indycolts88 said:

I assume people are sitting him today versus the Indians considering his last start?

Not a chance. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

7 IP with 0 BB vs one of the better lineups in baseball....I realize last start was horrible but overall skill wise he's made incredible progress since the trade. 

• Like 1

This guy is my biggest/toughest decision this week. I have him in 3-4 weekly roto leagues and have to decide if I’m going to start or sit him. He’s scheduled @ Texas and @ Toronto. I could really use the k’s and potential W’s, but I really don’t trust him and can’t afford an ERA/WHIP massacre. Anyone else facing this dilemma and have any thoughts on those matchups?

Edited by meh2
  • Like 1

I wouldn't touch him no matter the matchups if I'm in a tight race for first combined with a tight race in ERA and/or WHIP. Yes, he's improved quite a bit late this season, but that absolute ratio-torching meltdown a couple weeks ago shows that he's still capable of a season-altering clunker at any time, without warning. If you've got some cushion in roto in ERA/WHIP, then absolutely, I'd roll the dice. But unfortunately I'm not in such a position, so starting him isn't a consideration.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Caelum said:

I wouldn't touch him no matter the matchups if I'm in a tight race for first combined with a tight race in ERA and/or WHIP. Yes, he's improved quite a bit late this season, but that absolute ratio-torching meltdown a couple weeks ago shows that he's still capable of a season-altering clunker at any time, without warning. If you've got some cushion in roto in ERA/WHIP, then absolutely, I'd roll the dice. But unfortunately I'm not in such a position, so starting him isn't a consideration.

Well said. That’s the logical thinking I needed to see. I’m benching on my 1st and 2nd place teams and will roll the dice with my 4th and 6th place teams.

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

This guy is my biggest/toughest decision this week. I have him in 3-4 weekly roto leagues and have to decide if I’m going to start or sit him. He’s scheduled @ Texas and @ Toronto. I could really use the k’s and potential W’s, but I really don’t trust him and can’t afford an ERA/WHIP massacre. Anyone else facing this dilemma and have any thoughts on those matchups?

To make this decision a little easier, consider that he plays better at home than away and both of his starts are on the road this week. I almost started himself in my championship matchup, but took him out after seeing his drastic home/away splits so far this season.

• Like 1

Guy has one bad start over the past month and everyone panics?

Start him, Texas has a terrible lineup, and they are last in the division. Furthermore, the Rays have been red hot lately.

You know what happens if he has a mediocre start? You spot start at the end of the week like you'd have to anyway for benching a starter in the playoffs.

Fortune favors the bold.

Edited by dkrocka

26 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Guy has one bad start over the past month and everyone panics?

Start him, Texas has a terrible lineup, and they are last in the division. Furthermore, the Rays have been red hot lately.

You know what happens if he has a mediocre start? You spot start at the end of the week like you'd have to anyway for benching a starter in the playoffs.

Fortune favors the bold.

Amen. I'm starting...although admittedly a little anxious about it. Outside of his start vs Toronto, which I think he learned a ton from, he has been great since being traded to Tampa.

3 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

That 10 o/u makes him an easy pass for me tomorrow. Too risky 

Huh?

57 minutes ago, B&F said:

This guy good now?

Both the Astros and Rays among a few others want pitchers with good fastballs to throw it high.

He has control issues from time to time but is otherwise good.