CurvePirate814

Tyler Glasnow 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, tywalson said:

He still only gave up 3 hits which is pretty impressive against that lineup. Certainly would like to see more strikes thrown though. Still owns a 24:6 K:BB with the Rays.

Yep. He started terrible but came back strong. The stuff is there. I think he could be a wild card. 

Starting him this week myself. KC hasn't been terrible post-ASB but they're no BOS. The RP eligibility helps...props to @garlando - if y'all haven't given that linked piece a read, I'd say it's worth the time. PIT is going to regret that trade...they likely already do.

• Like 1

I'm rolling him out there today in one league.  Not much on the line this week in that league.  But i think if he shines, he's a plug and forget guy going forward, imo

19 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Happy Glasnow Day! Who’s ready for some 100mph heaters and free passes? I am!

The Royals are really hard to walk, but if anyone can do it Tyler’s our guy!

The Strike outs are good and all but damn these are the Royals

Not worried about this start at all. He has nasty stuff and an electric arm. He will learn to sequence his pitches more effectively and not be so wild. Watch this guy dominate the last month of the season. 

7 minutes ago, GC Tacos said:

Not worried about this start at all. He has nasty stuff and an electric arm. He will learn to sequence his pitches more effectively and not be so wild. Watch this guy dominate the last month of the season. 

His breaking ball is absolutely filthy. Huge drop.... and quick....

Is he starting one of the 2 games @ATL? Wondering how they line up this week with Monday and Thursday off...

If he gets Tuesday, he may be lined up for a 2-start week vs TOR and BAL next week... in which case, I can't drop him yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Anyone know when his next start is?? 

ESPN has him starting Friday @ Cleveland

2 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

Anyone know when his next start is?? 

5 days rest would have had him starting yesterday (no game)... today would have been 6 days rest but instead it's Stanek and possibly the rest of the BP.... I don't know, maybe they're skipping a start for some reason.

^ oh, or Friday? doesn't make sense why they would be taking it easy with him.

21 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

5 days rest would have had him starting yesterday (no game)... today would have been 6 days rest but instead it's Stanek and possibly the rest of the BP.... I don't know, maybe they're skipping a start for some reason.

^ oh, or Friday? doesn't make sense why they would be taking it easy with him.

Rays are showing Wed as TBA, I picked him up on spec *hoping* he's named Wednesday's starter and in line for 2 starts next week....