Zig Zag

Francisco Mejia 2018 Outlook

He’s trade bait for a bullpen arm, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 6/12/2018 at 12:45 PM, smeeze said:

Any word on how often he’s going to catch vs. OF/DH?

Haven't seen where is is being assigned.  AAA or the big squad?

According to Dennis Lin of the athletic, the pads are keeping him at catcher.  No word yet that I’ve seen where he’s being assigned though 

• Like 1

Is this guy a must pick up in 2 catcher leagues? Or is there a chance he won't even be on the big league roster?

3 minutes ago, j14nelson said:

in ESPN, he's only DH eligible. HOW?

Same with Yahoo. Seems like someone dropped the ball on this one. Prospects are usually entered into the system with eligibility at the position they predominately played in the minors.

10 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Is this guy a must pick up in 2 catcher leagues? Or is there a chance he won't even be on the big league roster?

I think you have to stash in 2 catcher leagues.  Only concern for me beyond PT is having SD for a home park and being a modest power hitter to begin with.  (I've got him in a OPS instead of AVG league so he's not as exciting there, but in a normal 5x5 or roto w/ AVG I'd want some of that.)

14 minutes ago, j14nelson said:

in ESPN, he's only DH eligible. HOW?

Ive seen this happen from time to time with AL prospects when they come up at the end of the year for a cup of coffee and end up DH'ing most of the time, even though they were primary at other spot in minors, the fact their "majority" in majors even though it was really small sample was DH, they get that eligibility only.  

• Like 1

Excited to see the deal, it was a good trade where I think they maximized Hand's value.  

• Like 2

Do we think he'll gain C eligibility in short order? Or will he be used sporadically and only be a Util in fantasy?

Didn’t I read he has had defensive problems at catcher ... one of the reason the Indians started using him in the outfield 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Didn’t I read he has had defensive problems at catcher ... one of the reason the Indians started using him in the outfield 

He isn't great but I don't think he will be a liability.  It as more that the Indians  had two catchers blocking him.  

He also has a ++ arm, so I have to believe he could improve defensively if given time.  And he wants to play catcher. 

Do you guys think he will get called up this year?

On 7/19/2018 at 12:38 PM, smeeze said:

Same with Yahoo. Seems like someone dropped the ball on this one. Prospects are usually entered into the system with eligibility at the position they predominately played in the minors.

He's in the Yahoo player pool?? I've been checking all year and haven't seen him yet myself. 

1 minute ago, blink said:

He's in the Yahoo player pool?? I've been checking all year and haven't seen him yet myself. 

He has been in Yahoo's system for awhile now...type "MEJ" in the player search to find him

• Like 1

Sent to El Paso.  Hard to say when he gets the call.

28 minutes ago, shorthop said:

He has been in Yahoo's system for awhile now...type "MEJ" in the player search to find him

Not for me, unfortunately : /

On 7/19/2018 at 1:50 PM, billofwa said:

Will be at AAA for the next couple of weeks for evaluation according to AJ Preller.

Thanks I missed that.