NYR Fan 116894

Chris Godwin 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TPowell said:

 

Could be. Wanna name a WR that has been there in the past 3-4 years that is better though? 

DeSean Jackson

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Bucs fan, I love Godwin and I think he’s the real deal. However it’s likely he’ll be a better NFL WR this season than a FF WR imo.

 

When DJax leaves, prob this off season, Godwin will take off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Buffalo Wild Wings player stickers didn't even have his name....felt proud to draft this guy in the later half of the draft.  I'm expecting some sort of second half blow up.  I believe the Bucs are a hot mess to start the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 11:49 AM, yahyahtrick said:

As a Bucs fan, I love Godwin and I think he’s the real deal. However it’s likely he’ll be a better NFL WR this season than a FF WR imo.

 

When DJax leaves, prob this off season, Godwin will take off. 

 

Not sure if being a fan really constitutes any kind of merit but i too am a fan and follow them and agree with this word for word

 

once d-jax gone buckle up baby

Edited by kmoore1521

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, kmoore1521 said:

 

Not sure if being a fan really constitutes any kind of merit but i too am a fan and follow them and agree with this word for word

 

once d-jax gone buckle up baby

 

I'm still kind of hoping that DJax's wheels come off during the season. I can see Godwin sitting on my bench for several weeks waiting, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Just added him I’m a believer 

 

If you JUST added him you can't be much of a believer lol.

 

I like his talent, I hate his QB/team situation. There are higher upside lotto tickets out there.

Edited by Deadpool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

 

If you JUST added him you can't be much of a believer lol.

 

I like his talent, I hate his QB/team situation. There are higher upside lotto tickets out there.

 

I was scouring my wr WW I picked him over moncrief Allison and tyrell Williams 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

DjAx could easily have health issues off and on all season. Does this make Godwin an everyweek PPR flex? or even a low-end wr2?

 

If D-Jax is out Godwin is an auto-low end WR2 at worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you two playing in 20-team leagues? he doesn't become a low-end wr2 just by getting a starting job, that's absolutely ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:09 AM, panthers93 said:

you two playing in 20-team leagues? he doesn't become a low-end wr2 just by getting a starting job, that's absolutely ridiculous. 

 

In his particular circumstances he actually might :D.

 

To qualify that, I actually do play in a 20-team league, and he's going to stay on my bench for now (behind Antonio Brown and Stills, and Hyde/Thompson at FLEX). It is very difficult to take too much from such an insane week one game. You have to be encouraged though. We all drafted him with a view to his growing into the job throughout the season, given his inexperience, DJax's age (and increased likelihood of breaking down) and Mike Evans drawing most of the cover. The fact that the offense looked so bonkers, DJax went down, and Godwin got a red zone touchdown despite the presence of so many other weapons including two feasible starters at TE, means that the future looks even better.

 

He has terrific talent, and the upside is enormous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 6:07 PM, Mattmac0912 said:

 

I was scouring my wr WW I picked him over moncrief Allison and tyrell Williams 

Allison is in a similar situation but has Aaron Rodgers instead of Winston......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm an owner after I swapped RB's and got Godwin in the deal. Really underrated. And when Jameis comes back (if he does), watch out. Godwin got 70%+ snaps already last week. Only trending up from here in my opinion.

 

Auto-start this weekend too with no D JAX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Now I'm an owner after I swapped RB's and got Godwin in the deal. Really underrated. And when Jameis comes back (if he does), watch out. Godwin got 70%+ snaps already last week. Only trending up from here in my opinion.

 

Auto-start this weekend too with no D JAX.

 

Might be better off with Fitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this cat. Dude literally catches everything. This one deserves to be posted. 

Also could've had another TD on this one. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole Godwin vs. Allison debate is a tough one. Both are great in an awesome spot.

 

I have both and have been racking my brain who to keep because I need a kicker. Dropped him for Godwin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 11:05 AM, meekzy said:

Allison is in a similar situation but has Aaron Rodgers instead of Winston......

 

Fair enough I added Geronimo and also own Adams so hope they produce 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, but Godwin has produced at every level and opportunity. Even his few catches Week 1 were freaky good. Based on historical 'elite WRs' in the NFL, Godwin has all the measurable to be elite. Bucs brass has been talking about his work ethic all year too, so he has the skills and dedication together. FWIW, Calvin Johnson coached him leading up to the NFL combine.

 

See my first sentence above:

 

Godwin has played 50% of snaps in 6 career games. His receiving lines:

5/68 (10 targets)

5/68 (6 targets)

1/18 (2 targets)

3/98 (6 targets)

7/111/1 (12 targets)

3/41/1 (4 targets)

 

12.7 ppg, good for PPR WR24 over a full season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Godwin's value could absolutely beast with Fitzmagic under center.  Jameis' scares me. Reason being, Fitzmagic don't care about throwing a gazillion INTs if he throws more TDs.  Plus, you take Godwin's ability to convert contested catches........you do the math here.  I'm loving Godwin this year, especially under Fitzy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Godwin's value could absolutely beast with Fitzmagic under center.  Jameis' scares me. Reason being, Fitzmagic don't care about throwing a gazillion INTs if he throws more TDs.  Plus, you take Godwin's ability to convert contested catches........you do the math here.  I'm loving Godwin this year, especially under Fitzy. 

If Fitzpatrick throws multiple picks a game, Tampa Bay won't continue to start him, they'll start Jaimes then.  Now if Tampa is winning under Fitzpatrick, then that's a different story about who will continue to be a starter.  I personally think it doesn't matter who starts since both QBs looked good in preseason, Winston did well towards the end of last season, and most importantly the head coach isn't calling the offensive plays anymore.  Tampa has looked like a completely different team on offensive since Game 1 of the preseason under the new play calling.  All offensive skill players should eat this season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 8:05 AM, meekzy said:

Allison is in a similar situation but has Aaron Rodgers instead of Winston......

And DeAndre Hopkins had Tom Savage. Godwin is better than Allison, and he could be the 2nd option in this offense starting as soon as this week, since DeSean is constantly injured. Allison could easily be their 4th option, likely 3rd. I'd be happy to own both, but I'd rather have Godwin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...