BrianM

Buffalo Bills 2018 Outlook

They do have a 6’5 WR who will be playing from behind / in garbage time quite often ... 

You don’t have to actually be good when you’re that huge and you’re team plays from behind all game and there’s not much else on the roster worth throwing to ... just saying.

• Like 1

Lesean Mccoy has also been accused of Domestic Abuse, Steroid Use, and Child abuse.

the Domestic abuse seems to be false with Mccoy denying all of it as expected. Stay away. 

As always, when there is an incident like this that affects a player's fantasy and real-life outlook, we don't expect you to ignore it. We're in the early days of football, so some will be drafting and others will be assembling lists, so there will be a reason to discuss his value as this investigation unfolds.

With that said, there are some definite boundaries that everyone is expected to observe:

• No general discussion of social issues.
  • No one needs to condemn abuse or assault. (If you find and abuse and assault despicable, you're not alone...but don't vent about it here.)
  • No speculation about guilt, innocence, lying, behavior, steroids, or anything else related to the investigation or anyone's character.

If you see a credible report about new developments in the investigation, you can cite it here. This gets tricky because some media reports will be mere speculation themselves, and those are not allowed. If you post something borderline it will be up to the moderators to decide whether it's appropriate here. As always, if you disagree with moderator decisions you can PM one of us and we'll review your comments and respond. Do not argue in the thread or question why a post was removed.

We need to keep this discussion fantasy relevant. We DO NOT want to lock the thread, nor do we want to take away anyone's posting privileges here, but be aware...if you blatantly ignore the rules and interject personal opinions and social commentary, you won't get a warning before you're suspended.

• Thanks 1

Starting to wonder if indeed Kelvin Benjamin is a sneaky value after all.    Not expecting him to have a 1000 yard 10 TD season or anything, but he's a forgotten man in drafts it seems.     Question on KB- does anyone bump him up if the QB competition falls a certain way?   Wondering if people who are afraid of Allen feel a little better if McCarron starts the year, or if its moot. 

Also want to add that I think their defense is actually good.  Once they figured out some personnel issues, they finished real strong, and were amazing in the playoff game. Yes, it was against Jacksonville, but those same Jags then went on to crush the Steelers and gave the Pats a run until they wussed out in the 4th quarter.   Now, they've upgraded ILB in a big way, got a couple new DT's, added depth to their already strong secondary, and maybe Vontae Davis and Trent Murphy are improvements too.    

38 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Starting to wonder if indeed Kelvin Benjamin is a sneaky value after all.    Not expecting him to have a 1000 yard 10 TD season or anything, but he's a forgotten man in drafts it seems.     Question on KB- does anyone bump him up if the QB competition falls a certain way?   Wondering if people who are afraid of Allen feel a little better if McCarron starts the year, or if its moot. 

Here's the thing, everyone expects Buffalo to be the worst team in the league this year -- just like every other year. But they have enough talent on the roster (especially on defense) to make the playoffs again. Benjamin is a great value, coming off of an injury-plagued year and never got it together. No matter who the QB is, he's gonna get lots of targets regardless of the scoreboard (and possibly take on an even bigger role depending on how the McCoy situation plays out). 

His draft ADP has been trending down, and is now around the 40th WR taken. That's a steal, and I think he will certainly outperform guys like Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, and Jordy Nelson (all being drafted higher). 

38 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Also want to add that I think their defense is actually good.  Once they figured out some personnel issues, they finished real strong, and were amazing in the playoff game. Yes, it was against Jacksonville, but those same Jags then went on to crush the Steelers and gave the Pats a run until they wussed out in the 4th quarter.   Now, they've upgraded ILB in a big way, got a couple new DT's, added depth to their already strong secondary, and maybe Vontae Davis and Trent Murphy are improvements too.    

if that offense can't move the chains their good defense will be  a point sieve in the 4th qtr.

kelvin may be a sneaky pick but the bills haven't had a fantasy relevant wr since watkins or woods i think and that was with no QB controversey.  The TE seems like the sneaky value pick 

The agents for the following available rb's should all have calls into the buffalo coaching staff and the GM before the comp comes from training camp cuts

DeMarco Murray    RB    30    TEN    TBD    -
Eddie Lacy    RB    27    SEA    TBD    -
Shane Vereen    RB    29    NYG    TBD    -
Adrian Peterson    RB    33    ARI    TBD    -
Danny Woodhead    RB    33    BAL    TBD    -
Jamaal Charles    RB    31    DEN    TBD    -
Alfred Morris    RB    29    DAL    TBD    -
Lance Dunbar    RB    28    LA    TBD    -
Cedric Peerman    RB    31    CIN    TBD    -
Orleans Darkwa    RB    26    NYG    TBD    -
Andre Ellington    RB    29    HOU    TBD    -
C.J. Spiller    RB    30    KC    TBD    -
Branden Oliver    RB    27    LAC    TBD    -
Jordan Todman    RB    28    HOU    TBD    -
Mike James    RB    27    DET    TBD    -
Bishop Sankey    RB    25    MIN    TBD    -
Akeem Hunt    RB    25    KC    TBD    -
Tyler Gaffney    RB    27    JAC    TBD    -
LeShun Daniels    RB    23    WAS    TBD    -
De'Veon Smith   RB    23    MIA    TBD

CJ Spiller? The legend lives on.

• Haha 2

AlfMo would be my choice if i were the Grand Poobah Bison making the call.

TIA. 

Yeah looking like McCoy is about to get Rice'd...

Zay Jones get a bump or sticking with Benjamin being the benefactor? 

SI reporting on possibility of McCoy being set up.

I'm not going to post my opinion on this, but ... I've had some crazy ex-GFs ...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/11/lesean-mccoy-domestic-violence-allegations-bills-nfl

Possibility of McCoy being set up and its ramifications

Alternatively, if McCoy has been falsely accused or even set up, those who engaged in such wrongdoing would be susceptible to being sued by McCoy for malicious prosecution, defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Even though McCoy is a public figure and thus must prove actual malice (intent to lie or reckless disregard for the truth) in a defamation lawsuit, a plot to frame him as a home invader or as the architect of a home invasion would clearly be defamatory. Even if those defendants lack the financial wherewithal to pay a civil judgment, McCoy would rehabilitate his reputation by proving he was wronged.

Further, if those persons lied to law enforcement, they could also be charged with making false or misleading statements. Law enforcement will certainly scrutinize all accounts they are told about what took place and what occurred prior.

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Benjamin is the top WR on this team - and it’s not even close 

Exactly why it's shaping up to be one of the worst offenses in football again. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Benjamin is the top WR on this team - and it’s not even close 

(Jones not a bad late - really late - flyer)

I'm thinking get both and see how the first few weeks go. Would be cheap enough. 

6 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

The only thing that could make it better is if they bring in Fat Eddy to replace Shady.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Absolutely ... and garbage time stats count all the same ...

Close your eyes and force feed the Sasquatch - Bills 2018 Outlook 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Could be a Kyle Orton to Brandon LLoyd situation again... I remember riding them out of obscurity one season and more often then not being mad for starting them then all of a sudden 2 meaningless TD drives in the 4th Q and all was forgiving. Brandon Lloyd caught 77 balls for for 1448 yards and 11 TD's that magical season and was undrafted.

• Thanks 1

So i debated this yesterday with a couple guys after thinking a little more on Benjamin's value.   I'm now firmly DND.   Here's why.

Next to the "but he's a starter" defense for an ugly looking draft pick is the "they have to throw to somebody" defense.   I've fallen victim to both, i'm sure we all have, but I remembered this argument for Torrey Smith in 2016, as what appeared to be the only option in the 49ers stank offense (the year Gabbert started 4 or 5 games).    

The results:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2016.htm

Perhaps unironically, two of the WR's on that team currently are on Buffalo's roster (Kerley and Streater).    Kerley seems like the frontrunner for slot duties, and Streater I guess was going to make last year's team if he didnt get hurt.

At this point, Buffalo has to hope there's a good list of first round QB's, so they can trade down and get 2 or 3 extra early picks.   They will have a ton of cap space after this year too, but jesus, they'll need nearly an entire offense.   Multiple WR's, multiple RB's, probably every OL position except for LT (Dawkins should be fine) and I expect Clay to be in his final season as a Bill as well.  

12 minutes ago, BrianM said:

So i debated this yesterday with a couple guys after thinking a little more on Benjamin's value.   I'm now firmly DND.   Here's why.

Next to the "but he's a starter" defense for an ugly looking draft pick is the "they have to throw to somebody" defense.   I've fallen victim to both, i'm sure we all have, but I remembered this argument for Torrey Smith in 2016, as what appeared to be the only option in the 49ers stank offense (the year Gabbert started 4 or 5 games).    

The results:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2016.htm

Perhaps unironically, two of the WR's on that team currently are on Buffalo's roster (Kerley and Streater).    Kerley seems like the frontrunner for slot duties, and Streater I guess was going to make last year's team if he didnt get hurt.

At this point, Buffalo has to hope there's a good list of first round QB's, so they can trade down and get 2 or 3 extra early picks.   They will have a ton of cap space after this year too, but jesus, they'll need nearly an entire offense.   Multiple WR's, multiple RB's, probably every OL position except for LT (Dawkins should be fine) and I expect Clay to be in his final season as a Bill as well.  

So you’re not liking Kelvin Benjamin this year because a WR with a completely different skill set didn’t put up good fantasy stats in 12 games and wasn’t targeted anywhere near what Benjamin will reasonably be expected to ... 2 years ago. 

Interesting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

So you’re not liking Kelvin Benjamin this year because a WR with a completely different skill set didn’t put up good fantasy stats in 12 games and wasn’t targeted anywhere near what Benjamin will reasonably be expected to ... 2 years ago. 

Interesting.

All I'm trying to say is that the "someone has to catch passes there" theory is somewhat bunk.      If you like Benjamin otherwise, go for it.    As i waffled on my own POV of him, I was only at first finding interest in the belief that he's got to be targeted,  

I still think he's a good player.  He played tough last year and got hosed out of a couple TD's, and being traded midseason didnt help I'm sure.    I'd feel better about his fit with Josh Allen if he had more speed to snag a few moon shot deep balls.      

I'm waffling even as I type this, i'll try to settle on this.   If McCarron starts the season, I'll consider KB once as my WR4.   I do live in Western NY though, so its likely a homer takes him higher than any reasonable person would

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

All I'm trying to say is that the "someone has to catch passes there" theory is somewhat bunk.      If you like Benjamin otherwise, go for it.    As i waffled on my own POV of him, I was only at first finding interest in the belief that he's got to be targeted,  

I still think he's a good player.  He played tough last year and got hosed out of a couple TD's, and being traded midseason didnt help I'm sure.    I'd feel better about his fit with Josh Allen if he had more speed to snag a few moon shot deep balls.      

I'm waffling even as I type this, i'll try to settle on this.   If McCarron starts the season, I'll consider KB once as my WR4.   I do live in Western NY though, so its likely a homer takes him higher than any reasonable person would

he was on pace for 800 yards last year ... playing injured, midseason trade, and Peterman at QB 

5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

he was on pace for 800 yards last year ... playing injured, midseason trade, and Peterman at QB 

If he gets 130+ targets, anything is possible, but he's always been overrated. 

Eh Peterman played maybe 5 quarters, but did hit KB for one of his TD's (that crazy snow game).   

I expect Jeremy Kerley to catch 55-60 passes in this offense..........which is terrifying I know.   7 yard catches on 3rd and 12, and garbage time dumpoffs, etc.  But, he'll have a very low YPR and i dont expect many TD's, so he's not really draftable.    

Lots of overreaction around here... all they need to do is sign Dez Bryant, Demarco Murray and Tony Romo to 1-year deals. 

BOOM. Playoffs.