BrianM

Buffalo Bills 2018 Season Outlook

Can everyone just be NICE for once? Sheesh :lol:

23 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Fitzgerald/Funchess 2017 production is where I think he’ll fall this year 

(big bodied guys with not much else worth throwing to on the team) 

I AM WELL AWARE HE IS NOT AS GOOD AS FITZGERALD

Wow did you just compare kb to Fitzgerald ?!?

9 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Wow did you just compare kb to Fitzgerald ?!?

Wow did you not read the all caps where I literally said he’s not as good as Fitzgerald and wow did you completely misinterpret that I think his stats will fall between a Fitz/Funchess 2017 stat line as similar big bodied target hogs? 

Yeah, you did. Let’s try again ... I’m well aware he is not as good as Fitzgerald. I mentioned those 2 names because of their similar builds and projected target share - as opposed to the ridiculous 2016 Torrey Smith comparison. 

58 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

$16 in my auction last night (not by me)... 

Similar price two days ago. His ADP has dropped significantly as of now.

However, in a slow-draft Best Ball this week, saw him go early 3rd.

Ex-GF is backing off from blaming McCoy:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/07/attorney_delicia_cordon_no_longer_certain_lesean_mccoy_was_involved_in_the_attac.html

40 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

He has been grossly out of shape and under-conditioned since his injury / year off from the NFL. His talent—and speed—is beneath several layers of blubber.

i had KB of the waiver his rookie year and did well with him, i'm not opposed to grabbing a  bad teams wr1 if the argument is volume and it's a later round. I drafted Kenny Britt with the same premise and I lost on that pick and i had garcon and i think I had kevin white on the radar too.  I'm not sure the Bills will be worse than the browns were last year but i don't see KB scoring TD's and beating coverage with essentially 2 QB's who are both new to the offense. I don't think he has the talent to compensate for what could be poor QB play.

Edited by dashoe

5 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Maybe the “window” of Shady being a steal in drafts is closing... draft today!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i had KB of the waiver his rookie year and did well with him, i'm not opposed to grabbing a  bad teams wr1 if the argument is volume and it's a later round. I drafted Kenny Britt with the same premise and I got what I lost on that pick and i think I had kevin white on the radar too.  I'm not sure the Bills will be worse than the browns were last year but i don't see KB scoring TD's and beating coverage with essentially 2 QB's who are both new to the offense. I don't think he has the talent to compensate for what could be poor QB play.

I agree, as is.

But if KB goes through an exceptional physical program—and it would necessitate an entire refurbishing—and comes through the other side showing what he showed pre-2015/injury, I’d move him up my draft board. I’d consider reaching. Thing is, August / preseason is really soon, and that’s when I need to see this change. I’d sooner bet against it, which is too bad, because I believe his talent is undermined by poor conditioning (and poor work ethic). (I know you take the counterpoint here, and that’s cool, and again I’m suggesting top 20 WR talent if reconditioned, not top 10.)

I know Cam is exceptional, doubly so when comparing Cam to present-day Buffalo. But in 2014, Cam’s 3000 yards / 18 TDs / 12 INTs wasn’t great; it was before the 2015 transformation / year of magic. KB nabbed 9 of those 2014 TDs (Olsen 6). He was lean, aggressive, quick, and dangerous in the red zone; his rookie year would’ve landed him above Tate (and Evans) in 2017 and just below Cooks/ Green / Kelce when compared to all receptions/TDs/fantasy-points in 2017, at #14 overall receiving.

Realistically, I’ve probably put in more time posting KB’s potential talent today than he has spent at the gym, and I have yet to draft him, even in Best Ball. Unless he enters preseason as a lean fighting machine, I expect fantasy worthlessness, his 2015 injury the beginning of his slide down. Some teams / players are tough to read, even in August; Kelvin Benjamin will be one of the easiest preseason reads.

11 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I agree, as is.

But if KB goes through an exceptional physical program—and it would necessitate an entire refurbishing—and comes through the other side showing what he showed pre-2015/injury, I’d move him up my draft board. I’d consider reaching. Thing is, August / preseason is really soon, and that’s when I need to see this change. I’d sooner bet against it, which is too bad, because I believe his talent is undermined by poor conditioning (and poor work ethic). (I know you take the counterpoint here, and that’s cool, and again I’m suggesting top 20 WR talent if reconditioned, not top 10.)

I know Cam is exceptional, doubly so when comparing Cam to present-day Buffalo. But in 2014, Cam’s 3000 yards / 18 TDs / 12 INTs wasn’t great; it was before the 2015 transformation / year of magic. KB nabbed 9 of those 2014 TDs (Olsen 6). He was lean, aggressive, quick, and dangerous in the red zone; his rookie year would’ve landed him above Tate (and Evans) in 2017 and just below Cooks/ Green / Kelce when compared to all receptions/TDs/fantasy-points in 2017, at #14 overall receiving.

Realistically, I’ve probably put in more time posting KB’s potential talent today than he has spent at the gym, and I have yet to draft him, even in Best Ball. Unless he enters preseason as a lean fighting machine, I expect fantasy worthlessness, his 2015 injury the beginning of his slide down. Some teams / players are tough to read, even in August; Kelvin Benjamin will be one of the easiest preseason reads.

Cam Newton is not a good pocket passer and Benjamin’s production had nothing to do with him. He’s a 6’5 monster that was force fed targets and, even when covered, his height/size still made him difficult to stop 

16 hours ago, AirForceOne said:

Hold on now... Zay Jones was an absolute beast at ECU. No one could cover him in the slot, and he has the size to break tackles and speed to burn. I actually think he’s a great safety valve for an inexperienced QB. 

With an offense desperate for playmakers, I can definitely see a lot of quick hitters to Zay to move the chains (even if they are down by 30 at halftime which everyone seems to think)

Sure he had a rough rookie season and a fairly dramatic offseason, but the dude still has talent a nice opportunity in front of him. I suspect he’ll be a hot waiver wire pickup sooner than later in standard leagues.

Dwyane Harris & Justin Hardy say hello.

Both ECU WR who blew up in their passing offense. Harris has been a solid pro as special teamer and occasional WR. Neither Harris nor Hardy have ever been roster worthy in fantasy.

As a Pirate fan, I hope Zay is healthy and develops into a solid pro, but saying he will be because of college production in the East Carolina offense has yet to be proven.

And, there is the minor little problem about Zay experience significant symptoms of mental illness.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And, there is the minor little problem about Zay experience significant symptoms of mental illness.

From what i remember from that clip looks like he was having a bad chemical reaction. Mental illness doesnt make you get naked and scream about jesus:lol:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

From what i remember from that clip looks like he was having a bad chemical reaction. Mental illness doesnt make you get naked and scream about jesus:lol:

Taking the kind of chemicals that encourage you to kick your way through a window with the hope of jumping out—naked—is in itself a form of mental illness.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Wow did you not read the all caps where I literally said he’s not as good as Fitzgerald and wow did you completely misinterpret that I think his stats will fall between a Fitz/Funchess 2017 stat line as similar big bodied target hogs? 

Yeah, you did. Let’s try again ... I’m well aware he is not as good as Fitzgerald. I mentioned those 2 names because of their similar builds and projected target share - as opposed to the ridiculous 2016 Torrey Smith comparison. 

It was a joke bc of your last sentence in that post lol

• Like 1

Kb is a much better fantasy asset than real life asset btw. Got worse and worse every year

inb4 someone who doesn’t watch every panthers game posts some stats about why I’m wrong 

6 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Kb is a much better fantasy asset than real life asset btw. Got worse and worse every year

inb4 someone who doesn’t watch every panthers game posts some stats about why I’m wrong 

recall a Monday (Thursday?) night tilt with the Iggles a few years back ... i was down about 15 pts going in with only KB left for either magick foosball squad ... Philly blew their effin' doors off, and KB was bupkis throughout.  

oh, then he caught two very late TDs after it was all but over.  

/fin. 

41 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

recall a Monday (Thursday?) night tilt with the Iggles a few years back ... i was down about 15 pts going in with only KB left for either magick foosball squad ... Philly blew their effin' doors off, and KB was bupkis throughout.  

oh, then he caught two very late TDs after it was all but over.  

/fin. 

Yes that was his rookie season, did you even read my post? This summarized what I was saying perfectly. 1. His best season was his rookie year 2. He’s better in fantasy than real life (we got blown out but kb caught 2 tds in garbage time, no effect on real game). And do you know what Kb did against the eagles for us this year? Had a pass hit him in the hands, tipped it, and a defender picked it off. 

7 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Yes that was his rookie season, did you even read my post? This summarized what I was saying perfectly. 1. His best season was his rookie year 2. He’s better in fantasy than real life (we got blown out but kb caught 2 tds in garbage time, no effect on real game). And do you know what Kb did against the eagles for us this year? Had a pass hit him in the hands, tipped it, and a defender picked it off. 

did you read my post?

i was concurring with your assessment  of him being better in magick foosball than real life (as punctuated by the two gahhhhhrrrrbahhhge time TDs he snagged that night when the game was well outta hand).

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

did you read my post?

i was concurring with your assessment  of him being better in magick foosball than real life (as punctuated by the two gahhhhhrrrrbahhhge time TDs he snagged that night when the game was well outta hand).

I did, but appearently I misinterpreted it. My b 

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

I did, but appearently I misinterpreted it. My b 

WTF? Did you read my post that i didnt post yet? :lol:

22 minutes ago, dashoe said:

WTF? Did you read my post that i didnt post yet? :lol:

Lol do I misinterpret your posts too?

Edited by Panthers8912

5 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Charles clay is the pick here

His health is a major concern however. If he goes down I think O'Leary would be able to put up Doyle numbers.