NYR Fan 116894

Tarik Cohen 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I saw very little of this game - I know he fumbled. Was he henceforth benched then - to "teach him a lesson"? Because I never heard he was injured - just scanned once again before posting this. 

If that actually happened that is BS, and his lack of production today is on Nagy not him.

Naturally the Bears win the game.

blame it on the QB, he is terrible at processing what is happening on the field

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

blame it on the QB, he is terrible at processing what is happening on the field

So that's why Trubisky had an 86.2% Completion%, 8.48 YPA, and 113.5 Passer Rating today and Cohen didn't produce... of course! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, taobball said:

So that's why Trubisky had an 86.2% Completion%, 8.48 YPA, and 113.5 Passer Rating today and Cohen didn't produce... of course! 

He had an EFFICIENT game against the . . . .wait for it. . ..NINERS. All he did was dink and dink his way down the field to get those efficiency numbers

Doesnt mean he isnt terrible at processing.

Did u forget the BACKWARDS PASS to Cohen or the forced interception in the endzone to Miller. . :lol:

Edited by dashoe

Just now, dashoe said:

He had an EFFICIENT game against the . . . .wait for it. . ..NINERS. All he did was dink and dink to get those efficiency numbers

Doesnt mean he isnt terrible at processing.

Did u forget the BACKWARDS PASS to Cohen or the forced interception. . :lol:

I wouldn't argue he's above average at it. He's improving I would say.

Just seems lazy to look at a guy who is two injured games away from pacing the Bears' Franchise Record in Passing TDs and Passing Yards, as well as Wins in 7 Consecutive Starts, and continue to say that everytime someone doesn't produce on the offense it's because he's somehow inept. Even when he, by most accounts, played a pretty strong game. 

That's just my 2 c's. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taobball said:

Seriously. I'm bummed about starting Cohen today, but Trubisky played great. There have been plenty of days where he deserved the hate; this is not one of them. He took what the defense offered and made the right decision 95% of the time. Why focus on a couple of bad throws (which even Brees and Brady and Rodgers will have every single game) and ignore the great ones he made today -- two in particular to ARob. 

Didn't get to watch the game..tv was overtaken by a house full of ppl who could care less about FF...saw the 1 pt he got for me and assumed he was yet another injury story...wow just a s---y game at a s---y time...didn't think he had a 1 pt game in him...

Nagy's love of this random a** Mizzell guy makes me laugh. You have a thunder and lightning combo in Howard and Cohen yet you give the no name Mizzell snaps. 

It's like he's a peewee football coach who wants to make sure all his players get some snaps so the parents don't complain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Nagy's love of this random a** Mizzell guy makes me laugh. You have a thunder and lightning combo in Howard and Cohen yet you give the no name Mizzell snaps. 

It's like he's a peewee football coach who wants to make sure all his players get some snaps so the parents don't complain. 

The difference is that Cohen is more likely than Mizzell or Howard to lose 5 yards in a play. 

And to be clear, I'm not defending the usage, but there is something that Mizzell does better than Cohen: he runs a bit more downhill. Cohen doesn't run downhill at all. Howard runs only downhill. Mizzell is the only back who's a bit more hybrid, and I think that's the advantage Nagy is seeking. 

Have to monitor the situation, but assuming it stays relatively similar in Chicago next year (Howard or another “traditional” RB splitting backfield duties), Cohen is going to be on my DND list next year at his price tag.

He had an amazing season and is awesome to watch, but the volatility is not something I want to deal with... trusting Nagy week-to-week is tough.  He’ll probably carry about at least a 4th round price tag, which is not something I’ll want to pay.

Still a great season from the little beast. I’m a big fan of his.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, taobball said:

And to be clear, I'm not defending the usage, but there is something that Mizzell does better than Cohen: he runs a bit more downhill.

Idk about this take. His 9 carries for 16 yards on the year doesn't really indicate that he does anything better than anyone.

According to Player Profiler's advanced analytics Cohen was the #1 RB in the league going into yesterday's game in terms of efficiency. There is no way that the coaching staff believes that Mizzell has "strengths" compared to the other backs and that he's the right guy in the lineup in any situation. It's either them being cute, or sparing Howard and Cohen touches. 

Just now, P@ckersFan said:

Idk about this take. His 9 carries for 16 yards on the year doesn't really indicate that he does anything better than anyone.

According to Player Profiler's advanced analytics Cohen was the #1 RB in the league going into yesterday's game in terms of efficiency. There is no way that the coaching staff believes that Mizzell has "strengths" compared to the other backs and that he's the right guy in the lineup in any situation. It's either them being cute, or sparing Howard and Cohen touches. 

How much have you watched Cohen play football? He runs backwards. a lot. Most of the time it ends up well. But it can also put you well behind schedule. 

He just isn't a good play in a pedestrian matchup...I had my match-up well in hand, so I put him in at the flex in order to root on during the game.

Whoops.

13 hours ago, taobball said:

How much have you watched Cohen play football? He runs backwards. a lot. Most of the time it ends up well. But it can also put you well behind schedule. 

I'm just saying that MIzzell has no strengths. Yes Cohen creates some negative plays, but any touch that Mizzell gets is either because either Nagy doesn't feel like wasting Cohen or Howard on that play or insanity. Mizzell has 9 carries for 16 yards in his entire 2 year career in the NFL, he's not better than anyone at anything. 

Cohen and his pathetic 19 yard,  2 point game yesterday cost me a championship this year. Hate him 

Edited by Dexter75

3 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Wow he only has 2 touches today and the first half is nearly over.

he was criminally underused all year. he had a nice stretch of games where he was either forcefed or had long TDs, but he wasn't consistently used all season

On 12/23/2018 at 9:46 PM, taobball said:

I wouldn't argue he's above average at it. He's improving I would say.

Just seems lazy to look at a guy who is two injured games away from pacing the Bears' Franchise Record in Passing TDs and Passing Yards, as well as Wins in 7 Consecutive Starts, and continue to say that everytime someone doesn't produce on the offense it's because he's somehow inept. Even when he, by most accounts, played a pretty strong game. 

That's just my 2 c's. 

Breaking QB records on the Bears isnt THAT impressive....

The wins you can credit to the D as well. (edit: Credit them as well, they are a big reason this team is so good)

I dont know, I thought trubisky looked alright. I think he was instructed to stay in the pocket more because he looked like he didn't want to use his legs until the end of the game. There was another drop that I think Bellamy had that hit his chest on a long bomb.

I thought Daniel should have been in the game the whole time. Who would you rather play next week? Vikings or Eagles?

Edited by bhawks489