• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Willsea33

Khris Davis 2018 Outlook

Who's the only player to hit over 40 Home Runs in both of the past 2 MLB seasons? Khris Davis. The often overlooked power source is looking to make it 3 years in a row. I see no reason why he shouldn't come close to hitting 40 Homers again... Thoughts? 

• Like 1

I feel he should get close to that number as well. He’s an aggressive swinger so his average will be around .250 which won’t hurt too badly especially when he’s providing that kind of power. 

This guy certainly scares me but the risk is built into his price. I’m just afraid he could implode like Todd Frazier and have a 200 average because of those K numbers.

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

This guy certainly scares me but the risk is built into his price. I’m just afraid he could implode like Todd Frazier and have a 200 average because of those K numbers.

He improved his walk rate at least. We could get lucky this year and see his average go up to .260. A stretch, I know, but I still believe he will be a very reliable OF2 or OF3.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Unless he has a really bad luck with his BABIP, I'm not worried about the AVG.

It's kind of mind-boggling how this guy can be underrated after what he's done the past couple of seasons. 42.5 HRs per season in a pitcher's park, just turned 30 y.o. and average has hovered around .250 which, while not great, won't kill you.

Sounds obvious, but there is a substantial difference between 30-32 HRs and 42.5 This guy is a STUD. 

5 minutes ago, nittanychris said:

It's kind of mind-boggling how this guy can be underrated after what he's done the past couple of seasons. 42.5 HRs per season in a pitcher's park, just turned 30 y.o. and average has hovered around .250 which, while not great, won't kill you.

Sounds obvious, but there is a substantial difference between 30-32 HRs and 42.5 This guy is a STUD. 

There's also a substantial difference between .250 and .300.  Add in a lack of bags and a below average Offense with the A's

Aaron Judge with a little worse ballpark and without as many runs scored. Plain and simple 

3 hours ago, jb_power said:

There's also a substantial difference between .250 and .300.  Add in a lack of bags and a below average Offense with the A's

Yes, so please share with us the long list of .300 avg hitters with 40 HRs. Last year there was exactly ONE. JD Martinez. But perhaps you can show us that they're more plentiful. Awaiting your reply. 

• Like 1

He's weird too. Like if you sit him against an elite RHP he's gonna have the 4 2 2 2 line with 2 solo bombs. 

what round do you see him going this year? 

1 minute ago, floppy said:

6th/7th rounder.  5th if I'm in the league.

On 3/4/2018 at 6:37 AM, jb_power said:

I mean, yea, but you're not really drafting him over .300 hitters with 30+ HRs.  I don't think anyone's arguing you take him over JD Martinez or Freddie Freeman.

And he still drove in 110 & scored 91 in that lousy As lineup.

8 hours ago, floppy said:

Took him in round 6 with pick 73 of a 14 teamer last night.

Any chance he can get his avg our or is he a lock for .240ish?

28 minutes ago, midlip said:

Any chance he can get his avg our or is he a lock for .240ish?

I'll look into my magic ball and get back to you....

In all seriousness, this seems to be who he is. He did increase his walk rate last year. He could still mature further as a hitter and up his avg. a little.

How did they handle him last year in interleague games? Did he play the field to get his bat in the lineup?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

How did they handle him last year in interleague games? Did he play the field to get his bat in the lineup?

yes he played the field, he was there only bat last year.

Edited by phatrat

Guy is a beast. I've owned him 3 years in a row in redraft leagues, draft value always a steal

12 HR's, tied for 2nd, and 36 RBI, also tied for 2nd. BA is only .214, but I'll gladly take a player who carries a team in HR's and RBI's at a 7-9th round price tag. 

3 hours ago, InMyBagYo said:

12 HR's, tied for 2nd, and 36 RBI, also tied for 2nd. BA is only .214, but I'll gladly take a player who carries a team in HR's and RBI's at a 7-9th round price tag. 

Right on cue today, 3/3 with 1 HR and 2 RBI's