Willsea33

Khris Davis 2018 Outlook

Wonder who he will get dealt to in a few months 

Just tweaked his right quad on a routine groundout in the 4th and went back with the trainer.  Weekly leaguers especially keep an eye out to see if he gets replaced at DH today.  Could be looking at a DTD situation at least.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Just tweaked his right quad on a routine groundout in the 4th and went back with the trainer.  Weekly leaguers especially keep an eye out to see if he gets replaced at DH today.  Could be looking at a DTD situation at least.

Jesus, my OF's have been ravaged by injuries this year. Upton, Cruz, and now Davis. Is it just me, or have injuries gone up league wide this year? 

And he’s out.  You draft guys like this for durability and consistency.  When they get hurt that’s a tough one.  Can’t replace those bombs.  

• Like 2

Has anyone heard anything about a DL stint? Seem pretty certain that he hits the DL in the next day or two?

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Has anyone heard anything about a DL stint? Seem pretty certain that he hits the DL in the next day or two?

If you're looking for hard info it is not there.

If I'm in a weekly I'd make a pre-emptive move if conditions allow.

I've already done my own maneuvering to make sure I have an extra OF just in case, but he could be fine Tuesday (tomorrow is an off day). Due to the circumstances instinct and guesswork are all you have right now.

• Like 1

Because of the off-day it seems highly unlikely that we receive any news today. At least not early enough for weekly decisions.

Seems like an easy bench. I just hope he's OK

Guy couldn’t get out of the batters box. That’s a DL waiting 99% of the time. 

3 hours ago, Steelers72 said:

Any news on the groin injury?

2 Words: DL

12 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

2 Words: DL

Hopefully only a 10 day stint. These type of injuries can be recurring. 

Still day to day bc the team still has not put him on the DL, stuff like this is irritating 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

[ Complaints about "why haven't they DLed this guy yet" do not help anyone assess a player's fantasy outlook, which means they do not belong here.  Clubs routinely wait as long as possible to DL their players, and at no time does "what about your fantasy team" enter into their equation.  The Vent & Rant thread is here for those who need it. ]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

While I think the blurb below is "interesting" - experience tells me this is just a way to nut me one extra. Just DL the guy and let's go in 10 days:

Khris Davis has been sent for an MRI on his right groin.

Davis was diagnosed with a right groin strain after leaving Sunday's series finale against the Blue Jays and A's manager Bob Melvin said on the radio Monday that the 30-year-old slugger would likely be placed on the disabled list, but it hasn't happened yet. "We'll just see where he's at," Melvin told reporters Tuesday. "He's on the roster today. We'll see what the results are. If we have to carry him for a little bit, that would probably be a good option, based on the fact he could maybe come back sooner than later, but I'm not sure what the results of that are going to be."

May 22 - 9:14 PM
  • Thanks 1

Maybe they’re waiting for my firm hands to massage his groin back to full health?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

The joys of rostering guys who have great health track record.  They heal quickly.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

The joys of rostering guys who have great health track record.  They heal quickly.

K-Davis has definitely been a model of consistency on a freaky level. I'm more than happy to have him on my team. So far today he has shown no sign of rust, generating a double that just missed being a homer, and taking a walk. 

To piggyback off of what you said, it's really nice knowing almost exactly what you are going to get from him seemingly year after year. 

11 minutes ago, bank said:

K-Davis has definitely been a model of consistency on a freaky level. I'm more than happy to have him on my team. So far today he has shown no sign of rust, generating a double that just missed being a homer, and taking a walk. 

To piggyback off of what you said, it's really nice knowing almost exactly what you are going to get from him seemingly year after year. 

Well my original comment got edited.  But I’ll break it down another one.  One of the benefits of owning a guy like this is they have a track record of health.  Guys who are generally healthy typically heal quicker.  I don’t think that can be understated.  We’ve seen in last few weeks the same guys who go down every year, and the same updates of not having any timetable appearing.  When I build my team next year I’ll be putting big stars next to this guy.  Strained groin and would of been back and ready to go in less than a week if not for being on DL.  That tells me something.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

how are most viewing Khrush ROS? we think he can put up top 15-20 OF production?  

Edited by sharpee

1 minute ago, sharpee said:

how are most viewing Khrush ROS? we think he can put up top 15-20 OF production?  

Sure. He didnt miss much time and will finish right around 40 homera or more, 100 rbi and his usual .247 average. 

25 minutes ago, sharpee said:

Sure, I don't see why not. According to Yahoo's player rater, he was the 17th ranked OF in roto last year and 18th the year before. He's 35th right now, but I fully expect him to be back in that top 20 range by season's end.