ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Has Howard already played his last game with the Bears? Nagy has been lukewarm at most on Howard, and now there are rumors that he's available in trade. Seems almost more than 50-50 that they'll move on from him. Howard and Drake would be an interesting backfield to figure out in Miami. 

Edited by ajs723

Haven't heard any rumblings about this. 

Fake news

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Haven't heard any rumblings about this. 

Fake news

I'm not sure if you're serious, but as a Chicago resident, I can tell you, there have been rumblings. 

NBC Sports Chicago's John Mullin reports the Bears and Dolphins "have had conversations" about a trade involving Jordan Howard and Jarvis Landry.

According to Mullin, the discussed deal would send Howard and the No. 8 pick to Miami in exchange for Landry, the No. 11 pick, and a third-round selection. Howard has been the engine of the offense since the Bears selected him in the fifth round of the 2016 draft, gaining 2,858 yards from scrimmage in two seasons. Mullin reports new coach Matt Nagy has concerns about Howard's fit in his offense, however, specifically in the passing game. Pro Football Focus has charted Howard with 14 drops in just two seasons.

Posted (edited)

Maybe it was fake news. From Rapoport:

"Worth noting: There is zero desire by the #Bears to trade RB Jordan Howard, sources say. Doesn’t sound like there will be any splashy Jarvis Landry for Howard deal."

Edited by ajs723

no sir there has been other posts that have suggested that #1 the bears are in need of a different rb in gases type of offense. #2 they would like to draft another cohen type rb for a usual gase committee. #3  tarik cohen fit better then did howard. #4 the bears appear to be the #1 sutor for a TRADE with miami at this point. #5 they get landry and still stay at pick #11 from #8 to land a top rb for the bears system. they were predicted to take a wr at #8, so this would be a very viable trade? fake news???? no

26 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

no sir there has been other posts that have suggested that #1 the bears are in need of a different rb in gases type of offense. #2 they would like to draft another cohen type rb for a usual gase committee. #3  tarik cohen fit better then did howard. #4 the bears appear to be the #1 sutor for a TRADE with miami at this point. #5 they get landry and still stay at pick #11 from #8 to land a top rb for the bears system. they were predicted to take a wr at #8, so this would be a very viable trade? fake news???? no

Are you suggesting that the Bears, with all their holes, would take a RB at #11. 0 Percent chance.

I don't think Nagy loves the idea of Howard as his centerpiece, but no way they draft a RB that early regardless of what else they do. 

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Are you suggesting that the Bears, with all their holes, would take a RB at #11. 0 Percent chance.

I don't think Nagy loves the idea of Howard as his centerpiece, but no way they draft a RB that early regardless of what else they do. 

you didnt get the jist of my post???? the bears would be trading their lead back. they would be getting landry to replace the wr they would probably take at #8. so therefore now with the #11 pick they may want to replace their lead rb with a very deep class in the draft with a very good rb that would fit their system. howard is a good rb, but he cant catch. he would fit in miami better then chicago because gase wants a recieving type rb. *see tarik cohen. just a flip for a flop, but could work out for both teams ....thats what i'm suggesting

51 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

this was reported by john mullin of nbc sports chicago. not rappaport?

Doubt it. I haven't seen it heard anything like that I think these are armchair GMs

59 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

you didnt get the jist of my post???? the bears would be trading their lead back. they would be getting landry to replace the wr they would probably take at #8. so therefore now with the #11 pick they may want to replace their lead rb with a very deep class in the draft with a very good rb that would fit their system. howard is a good rb, but he cant catch. he would fit in miami better then chicago because gase wants a recieving type rb. *see tarik cohen. just a flip for a flop, but could work out for both teams ....thats what i'm suggesting

I got what you were saying. I'm saying that, even if the Bears move Howard, they won't be drafting a RB that early. They have too many other more pressing needs. 

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I got what you were saying. I'm saying that, even if the Bears move Howard, they won't be drafting a RB that early. They have too many other more pressing needs. 

if the bears move howard there will be a pressing need at rb. all they have is basically tarik cohen who is not a lead rb. they are already projected by most to be taking a wr with pick #8. with getting landry that need has been filled. so now you think the bears will be fine on offense and go and take maybe a pass rusher.? not the worst idea, and i'm sure they have plenty of other pressing needs, but suddenly so does the rb position. maybe now more pressing then anything else on the team?

24 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Doubt it. I haven't seen it heard anything like that I think these are armchair GMs

it was posted on roto fantasy football news about 2 hours ago

I’m not buying the trade/deal talk.  Miami realizes they were stupid for franchising Jarvis Landry, and are desperate to generate interest.

He’s eventually going to be released (Norman style).  If the Bears still want him, they can bid on him like everyone else.

Jordan Howard can’t catch, but he’s cheap, and he’s the only part of the offense that worked (in 2017).

Oh no!  He’s not a perfect fit in the new offense...  probably true, but he is one of the best pure runners in the league.

Miami does need another running back, but the Bears would be unbelievably stupid for letting Howard go.

3 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I’m not buying the trade/deal talk.  Miami realizes they were stupid for franchising Jarvis Landry, and are desperate to generate interest.

He’s eventually going to be released (Norman style).  If the Bears still want him, they can bid on him like everyone else.

Jordan Howard can’t catch, but he’s cheap, and he’s the only part of the offense that worked (in 2017).

Oh no!  He’s not a perfect fit in the new offense...  probably true, but he is one of the best pure runners in the league.

Miami does need another running back, but the Bears would be unbelievably stupid for letting Howard go.

the trade makes sense. why is miami suddenly stupid for franchising landry? maybe is eventually released, but this buys them time, and maybe they DO get a deal done. chicago now has a new offense, one that hopefully works much better then last year. yes he's a good runner, but with getting turbisky, they need wrs more than a pure runner if they want to change the offensive scheme. would it be stupid to trade a good rb for a good wr and draft another rb to fit your system? its not like the bears let howard go and get nothing in return.

did i mention the bears get a 3rd rounder too.?  that maybe  the place they draft another rb.? so they get landry, pick #11, and a 3rd rounder= for howard, pick #8???? i'm not seeing the problem with that trade? for either side. for basically howard......they can obtain landry a top 12 wr, a pick in the top third of the first round, and a 3rd rounder where howard was a fifth rounder anyway. you dont think they can draft a replacement for howard in the 3rd round? or maybe if they have to with that #11 pick? i think the bears would be stupid not to do the deal.

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Agree...zero chance at #11. 

But if they gain a 3rd rd pick, I'm sure they would consider Sony with their early 2nd.

As for getting Landry...I'd rather wait to see if the packers cut Cobb and get him for 1/2 the price.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

As for getting Landry...I'd rather wait to see if the packers cut Cobb and get him for 1/2 the price.

landry is being offered in a trade. and is twice the wr cobb is.

48 minutes ago, not an nfl scout said:

the trade makes sense. why is miami suddenly stupid for franchising landry? maybe is eventually released, but this buys them time, and maybe they DO get a deal done. chicago now has a new offense, one that hopefully works much better then last year. yes he's a good runner, but with getting turbisky, they need wrs more than a pure runner if they want to change the offensive scheme. would it be stupid to trade a good rb for a good wr and draft another rb to fit your system? its not like the bears let howard go and get nothing in return.

Landry if he doesn’t agree to the deal gets 16+ million.  Landry says he wants 14-15 million, that’s crazy for the Bears to agree to for a slot receiver.  Landry while an excellent receiver comes with issues, is he the guy you want as the leader of the young locker room?

Howard (as far as I can tell) has no issues.  If they take a guy in the 3rd round he could be another Samaje Perine.

Why would Landry want to go to the Bears, when if cut, he could choose his next team?

Bears have a lot of needs, and a lot of cash, but is Landry the best way to spend it?  I doubt it...

Are the Dolphins so desperate for a RB to give up draft picks?  They already have a guy that closed strong.  Why not draft a RB late? If they get Howard they’ll need to pay him a lot sooner than a rookie.  The Dolphins cap space is grim...

It sounds like the Dolphins GM is getting cute, and it’s going to backfire.  For all the money they’ve spent they’re not close to competing, they need to build through the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, not an nfl scout said:

You are looking too much into this I doubt it gets anywhere near done. 

• Like 1