ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Gonna be mighty cold in Chi-town on Sunday night. 

Perfect time for Trubisky to have a lot of designed runs and for WR reverses to Gabriel called. 

If only the Bears had ColdBeast on the roster

You guys hear that??? Just outside the door.  Soft growling...getting louder and louder as the once brisk air turns to icy daggers of gusting sleet.   Do we dare???  Yes...slowly...slowly I say.  Crack the door...crack the door ajar....Now!!! Now I say... throw the door wide and unleash SNOWBEAST!!!!

Rrrrooooooaaaarrrrr!!!’n

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, n4sa said:

JORDAN HOWARD WILL BRING YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP

He will not be the one get to you to wk 16, but he might help then if you manage to survive.

Edited by psygolf

5 hours ago, n4sa said:

JORDAN HOWARD WILL BRING YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP

100% agree, as long as it's your opponent who's playing JORDAN HOWARD and you're playing against him

however TARIK COHEN may bring your own team a championship

tenor.gif?itemid=3418789

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K197040 said:

You guys hear that??? Just outside the door.  Soft growling...getting louder and louder as the once brisk air turns to icy daggers of gusting sleet.   Do we dare???  Yes...slowly...slowly I say.  Crack the door...crack the door ajar....Now!!! Now I say... throw the door wide and unleash SNOWBEAST!!!!

Rrrrooooooaaaarrrrr!!!’n

LMAO!

That's awesome bro!

Oh Jordan.  I started you every week up until now and most of the time you burned me.  I finally bench you and then you decide to go for 100 yards rushing for the first time all year.  But in all seriousness, he did look good last night.  Game script should be in his favor at home next week against the Packers.

Where is everyone?   How did you guys miss the playoffs with SnowBeast?

37 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Where is everyone?   How did you guys miss the playoffs with SnowBeast?

The same way fournette and bell owners. By not relying on 1 draft pick.

Welp.  Championship week.  Are we hoping the snowbeast will be the rain beast?  Chicago might be able to force some turnovers and build a lead against the 49ers in Santa Clara.  Seattle ran on San Francisco last week, although they did not win.  Could be the biggest game of the season for Jordan Howard.

• Like 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Welp.  Championship week.  Are we hoping the snowbeast will be the rain beast?  Chicago might be able to force some turnovers and build a lead against the 49ers in Santa Clara.  Seattle ran on San Francisco last week, although they did not win.  Could be the biggest game of the season for Jordan Howard.

Didn't know people were still considering this guy weekly. I dropped him in both leagues I own him and nobody picked him up. Hoping he gets traded next year to a team that will use him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Didn't know people were still considering this guy weekly. I dropped him in both leagues I own him and nobody picked him up. Hoping he gets traded next year to a team that will use him. 

After losing A. Jones and with the uncertainty of the Ware/Williams situation in KC, I might have no choice but to play him in my FLEX.  I am going to try to snag J. Williams or the RB on Miami to keep my options open, but Howard has had 2 straight weeks of good FLEX value.  I guess it is somewhat similar to what Henry (not as many points of course) is doing, nothing all year and then finally playable the last 2 weeks.  

11 minutes ago, chief79 said:

After losing A. Jones and with the uncertainty of the Ware/Williams situation in KC, I might have no choice but to play him in my FLEX.  I am going to try to snag J. Williams or the RB on Miami to keep my options open, but Howard has had 2 straight weeks of good FLEX value.  I guess it is somewhat similar to what Henry (not as many points of course) is doing, nothing all year and then finally playable the last 2 weeks.  

Keep talking buddy.  I am loving the concept of Derrick Henry and Jordan Howard being mentioned in the same sentence.  Both are big, powerful backs who are coming into play down the stretch as opposing defenses get more and more banged up and worn down.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Looking like my week 2 trade of Aaron Jones for him paid off for the championship..

Is rain in the forecast in SF this weekend? I'd surely think that would help his outlook. SF has a lot of talent in their front 7 but I'd have to hope the Bears keep Howard rolling into the playoffs. Seems like Nagy has noticed that they have a better chance in games when they control the tempo/LoS. Winning ugly is still winning.

• Like 1

Jordan Howard or Kalen Ballage for today? Or neither? (Also still waiting on Gurley’s status as I have both John Kelly and C.J. Anderson if you guys answer ‘neither’)

Posted (edited)

Just had to post one last time in this thread.

After an infuriating year of owning Howard (and Trey Burton), it was nice to see Nagy's season end with the same dumfounded expression I had on my face every time I checked Howard's stats and usage aaaall season long:

screen-shot-2019-01-06-at-9.35.19-pm.png?w=708&h=504&crop=1

Truly, a thing of beauty. 

Eat it Nagy!

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

After an infuriating year of owning Howard (and Trey Burton), it was nice to see Nagy's season end with the same dumfounded expression I had on my face every time I checked Howard's stats and usage aaaall season long:

Eat it Nagy!

Same here bro .Same here. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Eat it Nagy!

You deserve to lose when you use a defender as a decoy on offense. The opposing defense must have been so shocked when they didn’t hand it off to a guy that doesn’t play offense.

• Like 1