ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, FF4life said:

Nagy, like McVay, wants a RB who doesn't telegraph run/pass.

Howard has been a lot better at catching footballs this season than 160 lb. Tarik Cohen is at moving the chains inside the tackles. Troll better.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

It's working. I'm confused when it comes to Jordan Howard and mini-me-Howard.

howard_cohen_vamos_092917.jpg

What's Kevin Hart doing on the Bears?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Howard has been a lot better at catching footballs this season than 160 lb. Tarik Cohen is at moving the chains inside the tackles. Troll better.

Huge difference between catching balls and being a true threat out of the backfield.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

At being an offensive line? Ok. Poster was talking about run blocking.

They are ranked higher for their run blocking vs pass.  Ok-?

If Howard doesn't produce big time, it's time to officially panic.

I can understand Cohen being a focal point of the game plan against TB...that defense is miserable against the pass, but not too bad against the run. Fine.

This week, I'd THINK Howard would be more of the focal point of the game plan. I watched S. Michel run through gaping holes against the MIA run D. They are not good up front. However, Miami's pass D is pretty damn good. Thus, the strategy should revolve around pounding the rock.

So, if Howard isn't in the game plan much this week then really he isn't in the Chicago Bear's OVERALL PLANS.

Pivotal game for Howard owners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sakuraba216 said:

What's Kevin Hart doing on the Bears?

Ruining my fantasy team.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I have not panicked because of last game, I have panicked because of the HC. This guy has a winning record because of his defense, despite an atrocious qb, i dont care how many TD's he threw last game, he's Blake Bortles basically, even looks like him in some weird way. Despite all that 'I'm way too cool' Nagy instead of trying to at least establish somewhat of a running game, he continues to go with passing and $%@$% jet sweeps. I'm not at all optimistic about Howard's situation, although I'm plugging him in on Sunday due to the fact that I was against Barkley, Jeffery, PHI def so what the hell.

I truly believe Taylor Gabriel is the guy to own in this team and Howard is only a substitute for byes ROS. Don't get me wrong I love the guy that's why I drafted him, but I just don't see it in this offense. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FF4life said:

Huge difference between catching balls and being a true threat out of the backfield.

I mean, how many ways do I need to rephrase this to shut down your piss poor trolling attempt? Howard is more of a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield than Cohen is to run your over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure how things are going to shake out between Howard and Cohen.  Since I was deep at RB in one league (not the league in my sig) and needed a WR, I was able to trade him straight up for JuJu in standard.  Just to give a frame of reference for value.

I think Cohen will be more involved than the first few weeks but not as involved as he was last game.  And while Chicago's offense looked good last game, it wasn't enough to convince me that they will be above average going forward.  Due to the uncertainty I shipped off Howard, but he should provide solid production if Chicago's offense is for real.  Their defense is definitely for real and I could see some game scripts that involve a heavy dose of Howard, despite him not being used much last game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

If Howard doesn't produce big time, it's time to officially panic.

I can understand Cohen being a focal point of the game plan against TB...that defense is miserable against the pass, but not too bad against the run. Fine.

This week, I'd THINK Howard would be more of the focal point of the game plan. I watched S. Michel run through gaping holes against the MIA run D. They are not good up front. However, Miami's pass D is pretty damn good. Thus, the strategy should revolve around pounding the rock.

So, if Howard isn't in the game plan much this week then really he isn't in the Chicago Bear's OVERALL PLANS.

Pivotal game for Howard owners.

That's anecdotal and not reflected in statistical reality.

Also, this RB matchup is more suited for Cohen, so you missed here in two ways.

Just as notable from Chicago’s pre-bye victory was Tarik Cohen’s usage explosion, logging season highs in snaps (48%), touches (20), and total yards (174) as a focus of Nagy’s wheel-route emphasis. Jordan Howard’s weekly snaps (71% > 73% > 62% > 54%) and routes run (24 > 25 > 15 > 14) have taken concerning dips as a one-dimensional grinder in Nagy's multiple attack. This matchup favors Cohen over Howard against a Miami defense that has stoutly limited enemy backs to a 130/509/4 (3.91 YPC) rushing line but yielded the league’s seventh-most receiving yards to the position (294). Nagy would be smart to match Cohen against Dolphins coverage-liability WLB Kiko Alonso.

Edited by Cotton Jones

F all the naysayers!. I think this is his week. Howard is gonna EAT sunday. You heard it here first.

• Like 2

Ya f all y’all. When winter rolls around nagys little gay passes to that midget Cohen won’t be happening. They will have to pound the rock. Especially in Chicago. Team Howard unite 

ps.

please howard do something this week or I’m in panic mode

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cotton Jones said:

Just as notable from Chicago’s pre-bye victory was Tarik Cohen’s usage explosion, logging season highs in snaps (48%), touches (20), and total yards (174) as a focus of Nagy’s wheel-route emphasis. Jordan Howard’s weekly snaps (71% > 73% > 62% > 54%) and routes run (24 > 25 > 15 > 14) have taken concerning dips as a one-dimensional grinder in Nagy's multiple attack. This matchup favors Cohen over Howard against a Miami defense that has stoutly limited enemy backs to a 130/509/4 (3.91 YPC) rushing line but yielded the league’s seventh-most receiving yards to the position (294). Nagy would be smart to match Cohen against Dolphins coverage-liability WLB Kiko Alonso.

This is statistical reality:

* Joe Mixon: 22-93

* S. Michel: 22-112

* M. Lynch: 19-64 (Not great, not terrible)

* D. Lewis: 15-75

Someone else above (and not you) indicates that Miami STOUTLY limited enemy backs. Ummmm...No.

James White (8-68), D. Lewis (5-35) and J. Richard (6-59) had success out of the backfield without doubt.

This defense can be run on.

4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

PFF has their offensive line ranked at #11? Ok. Poster was talking about run blocking.

The worst posts that I’ve read this season can be found right here in this thread, where people are trying to say that the Bears interior O-Line is somehow not good at run-blocking when they have Kyle Long and Cody Whitehair.  And now James Daniels is about to seize the starting gig? 

Get a clue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bennie905 said:

I have not panicked because of last game, I have panicked because of the HC. This guy has a winning record because of his defense, despite an atrocious qb, i dont care how many TD's he threw last game, he's Blake Bortles basically

Man dissing Bortles that bad is pretttty low

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

This is statistical reality:

* Joe Mixon: 22-93

* S. Michel: 22-112

* M. Lynch: 19-64 (Not great, not terrible)

* D. Lewis: 15-75

Someone else above (and not you) indicates that Miami STOUTLY limited enemy backs. Ummmm...No.

James White (8-68), D. Lewis (5-35) and J. Richard (6-59) had success out of the backfield without doubt.

This defense can be run on.

Yeah, who cares about YPC, right? 3.91 is a good number for a run defense. And only 4 rush TD allowed in 5 games.

Lynch going 19 for 64 is "not terrible"? Do you even football, bro?

Referencing James White, Dion Lewis and Jalen Richard's excellent receiving numbers? You just buttressed my point. 

Matchup favors Cohen. You're deluding yourself.

The "someone else above" was Evan Silva's weekly matchups column. I think he might know a little bit more than either of us.

Edited by Cotton Jones

3 hours ago, jclee4 said:

F all the naysayers!. I think this is his week. Howard is gonna EAT sunday. You heard it here first.

Aww damn we're doomed. This usually equals a jinx and the exact opposite happens lol

3 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

Yea that's better news for Cohen than Howard but we'll see

3 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

Yeah, who cares about YPC, right? 3.91 is a good number for a run defense. And only 4 rush TD allowed in 5 games.

Referencing James White, Dion Lewis and Jalen Richard's excellent receiving numbers? You just buttressed my point. 

The "someone else above" was Evan Silva's weekly matchups column. I think he might know a little bit more than either of us.

His only point that some RBs can do well against. Forget Lynch, he still gave you 3 RBs in a 5 week period.

78 for 344(4.4) of those 4.

59 for 280 (4.74) of those 3

I'm not sure how that statement is untrue?  They stuffed Derrick Henry(who hasn't?), Crowell and Lynch's meh performance. Being more anecdotal than empirical? Sure. Still relevant.

Not really optimistic personally given the play calling for Howards run's hasn't been very creative/defenses are ready for it. But, hey. Howard's always had the plus vision and patience. Might end up a 50/50 touches game. Which favors Cohen given higher efficiency in passing game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

I guess we'll see how this plays out.

I watched both of the S. Michel and M. Lynch games. I also watched the idiot ref call Lynch "forward progress stopped" on a potential long TD run which would have drastically altered his YPC.

We can cherry pick stats all day long, but I know what my eyes told me:

* Miami is not a good run D

While I would not be surprised to see Cohen do his thing, I will be shocked if Nagy doesn't choose to hammer this front.

• Like 1

TRubs could go back to being inaccurate and both backs would benefit...

Hard to start Howard in anything other than lotto ticket for a GPP. 

• Haha 1

Miami is really good against the aerial attack.  I'd expect Howard to get his share of touches this week.  What he does with them and if Nagy out-coaches himself remains to be seen.

Both Howard and Cohen should do well.  I'd downgrade the receivers and Trubisky.

Edited by KRB80

13 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

No he doesn't.

Silva is a hack just like Matthew Berry and every other fantasy "analyst"

When he's right he shoves it in your face "i told ya so warrior" when he's wrong (which is often the case) you don't hear about it.

The only thing you can predict in fantasy football is that you cannot predict it and trying to do so is foolish.

Anyway, back to Howard.

Yes if he cannot get at least  80 yards and a TD in this game im going full panic and going to try to trade him away or just drop him for Kyle Jouschick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pdog109 said:

No he doesn't.

Silva is a hack just like Matthew Berry and every other fantasy "analyst"

When he's right he shoves it in your face "i told ya so warrior" when he's wrong (which is often the case) you don't hear about it.

The only thing you can predict in fantasy football is that you cannot predict it and trying to do so is foolish.

Anyway, back to Howard.

Yes if he cannot get at least  80 yards and a TD in this game im going full panic and going to try to trade him away or just drop him for Kyle Jouschick

You had me right up until you butchered Juszczyk's name.  Silver lining for you: it was the last word of your post.

• Haha 1