ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

4 hours ago, pdog109 said:

No he doesn't.

Silva is a hack just like Matthew Berry and every other fantasy "analyst"

When he's right he shoves it in your face "i told ya so warrior" when he's wrong (which is often the case) you don't hear about it.

The only thing you can predict in fantasy football is that you cannot predict it and trying to do so is foolish.

Anyway, back to Howard.

Yes if he cannot get at least  80 yards and a TD in this game im going full panic and going to try to trade him away or just drop him for Kyle Jouschick

Well you're obviously entitled to your opinion, but Evan's matchups column is pretty much the gold standard and is mentioned just about every FF podcast or livestream i have listened to lately. He's a guest on a load of podcasts etc every week because he is arguably the most respected FF analyst. Comparing him to Matthew Berry is rich. Calling literally everyone who writes or analyzes fantasy football a "hack" is... strange? The only thing I have noticed about Silva that i don't like is that he hangs onto guys too long that he favored pre-draft in terms of later touts down the road. Hogan, Burkhead, Agholor are guys that come to mind. But he hated Watson last year before he got his starts, then he admitted he was wrong, so the thing about "when he's wrong you never hear about it" is just bogus, as well

4 hours ago, pdog109 said:

The only thing you can predict in fantasy football is that you cannot predict it and trying to do so is foolish.

It would be nice if people actually believed this, it would eliminate 80% of the posts in this "serious" subforum that is supposed to be infomation on specific players but is almost always people predicting things and arguing about their predictions, then making fun of people for their predictions that went wrong, or bragging about their predictions that went right. So I'm 100% in favor of this.

Also with your nihilistic philosophy you could wipe out the entire dfs industry and any sort of cognitive process you might go through when setting your lineups

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Silva is not perfect but at least he gives reasons based on solid statistics and history and likely matchups.  And Silva actually writes well, which I appreciate.

Silva may be a hack in the eyes NFL front office people, scouts, GMs, execs, etc.  I don't know, I am not one of them.  But he's helped me win a lot of games.

Back to Howard, though.  I am pumped to see him play tomorrow.  Attacking Miami with the running game is the play.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, pdog109 said:

No he doesn't.

When he's right he shoves it in your face "i told ya so warrior" when he's wrong (which is often the case) you don't hear about it.

Anyway, back to Howard.

Yes if he cannot get at least  80 yards and a TD in this game im going full panic and going to try to trade him away or just drop him for Kyle Jouschick

Are you kidding me???

Silva breaks down each game by position and puts in the work every week including the offseason. Berry looks like he has an intern dig up sone interesting stats for him, doesn’t dig in to any analysis until mid August and spends more time on being “funny” than he does stringing together hot takes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Are you kidding me???

Silva breaks down each game by position and puts in the work every week including the offseason. Berry looks like he has an intern dig up sone interesting stats for him, doesn’t dig in to any analysis until mid August and spends more time on being “funny” than he does stringing together hot takes. 

Yet the results are the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, pdog109 said:

No he doesn't.

Anyway, back to Howard.

he shoved rex burkhead down everyones throats this offseason, then in spetmeber started to brag about being right on james white. I was like wtf?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

he shoved rex burkhead down everyones throats this offseason, then in spetmeber started to brag about being right on james white. I was like wtf?

Rex Burkhead got hurt.  No one can predict injuries.  If Burkhead had stayed healthy, he probably would have 7-8 TDs by now.

And 7-8 TDs are in Howard's future.  By Thanksgiving I predict.

This game is going to be clear up everything.

If Howard gets 15+ solid carries last game was to expose that horrid secondary and he will be a very good RB2 if not better.

If he gets like 10 touches Nagy doesn’t like him and it’s over.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This game is going to be clear up everything.

If Howard gets 15+ solid carries last game was to expose that horrid secondary and he will be a very good RB2 if not better.

If he gets like 10 touches Nagy doesn’t like him and it’s over.

I don't know if it is that simple. The way I see it last game was bad and only reinforced the seed of doubt about Nagy wanting to make this a pass first offense and a "genius" and almost proudly buck conventional thought. That Nagy won't have him in the gameplan any given week I think is done damage that will always be in the back of your mind and can't be undone by a single game. 

All this game can prove is that last game was just a matchup thing and that Howard isn't being phased out of the offense completely while hard to believe the Bears offensively looked like a completely different team (with Bucs D doing their best to help) and I think it is a potential albeit unlikely outcome. 

In other words I think this game can just confirm or deny our worst fears but no matter how he is used it won't guarantee anything going forward as far as his workload and involvement week to week. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

If Howard only gets 9-10 carries today, I will be very surprised.

Here's to Howard getting 20 carries w/ 75 yards and a goal line TD, and Cohen getting 8-10 catches w/ 75 yards and a recieving TD. And I pray for this because I am forced to start both of them... How exciting lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It may be the Brock Osweiler show in Miami today.  If so, even more reason to grab a lead and pound the rock with Jordan Howard.  Force teams on the upcoming schedule to have to prepare for both aspects of Nagy's offense.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It may be the Brock Osweiler show in Miami today.  If so, even more reason to grab a lead and pound the rock with Jordan Howard.  Force teams on the upcoming schedule to have to prepare for both aspects of Nagy's offense.

Wonder what will help more: Osweiler or a banged up tannehill? Hopefully the bears can outdo what the Bengals did last week and force Nagy to go to the running game. 

32 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I foresee a game where both Howard & Cohen are fed due to the defense most likely feasting on Brock

This has the feel of a Nagy over-coached offense with a ton of three and outs and Miami kicking a ton of FG's of turnovers from gimmick plays

Well I think I'm done with "predicting" what Nagy is going to do. This will be the make-or-break week for Howard owners.

Let's see what happens.

15 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Yet the results are the same.

Ill take the guy who puts the time into football analysis year round over the guy who starts giving hot takes in August and spends most of his writing a humor column and trying to put on a morning zoo during a football podcast. 

And how how are the results the same? Barry does not cover each and every matchup. There is no result compared to Silva. 

If if you want 100% predictions, you are playing the wrong game. Breakdowns are to help you decide wheicj players to place your chips on. If there were a 100% accurate prediction method no one would play.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rex Burkhead got hurt.  No one can predict injuries.  If Burkhead had stayed healthy, he probably would have 7-8 TDs by now.

And 7-8 TDs are in Howard's future.  By Thanksgiving I predict.

Before the injury he was bragging about how James White was the clear pats rb to own bc he was the cheapest. After he sucked off burkhead all offseason. 

Let's start this off 

bip-4-5-jasmine_done.gif?w=386&h=217

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Let's start this off 

bip-4-5-jasmine_done.gif?w=386&h=217

Yup. On the bench until further notice. This sucks, especially since I have him on 2 teams as my RB2 ughh

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 1:23 AM, Slatykamora said:

His only point that some RBs can do well against. Forget Lynch, he still gave you 3 RBs in a 5 week period.

78 for 344(4.4) of those 4.

59 for 280 (4.74) of those 3

I'm not sure how that statement is untrue?  They stuffed Derrick Henry(who hasn't?), Crowell and Lynch's meh performance. Being more anecdotal than empirical? Sure. Still relevant.

Not really optimistic personally given the play calling for Howards run's hasn't been very creative/defenses are ready for it. But, hey. Howard's always had the plus vision and patience. Might end up a 50/50 touches game. Which favors Cohen given higher efficiency in passing game. 

14 Touches 69 yards

12 Touches  121 yards.

Yup.. full blown committee and Howard still only has one TD for the year..

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Nobody should want any part of this offense. It’s their D that keeps them afloat

I drank so much bears koolaid with Fox gone...bears have now joined my DND list like all miami players.

1 minute ago, LeeVanCleef said:

I drank so much bears koolaid with Fox gone...bears have now joined my DND list like all miami players.

I love Howard as a rb but this offense will always be bad esp w Trubisky