ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

 

It was an unlucky fumble for a guy who doesn't struggle with ball protection (3 or 4 career fumbles I believe). 10 point swing in my league since he had 69 yards + fumble which could have been 70 + a td. Not perfect but I'm not selling low.

nice

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.  And yes, I am starting Howard every week.  I think he will always have a decent chance for 100 combined yards and 1 touchdown.  There are not all that many RBs in the NFL that get this kind of volume.  And the blow up game, when it arrives, will be sending stats into my starting lineup, not the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.  And yes, I am starting Howard every week.  I think he will always have a decent chance for 100 combined yards and 1 touchdown.  There are not all that many RBs in the NFL that get this kind of volume.  And the blow up game, when it arrives, will be sending stats into my starting lineup, not the bench.

fair enough. good luck this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

fair enough. good luck this season

You, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded him for Phillip Lindsay. Now, before this post gets deleted for belonging to the assistant coach forum, I wanted to add that it was because I was absolutely terrified of Howard's dependence on TD's to put up double digit numbers. 

 

However, having said that, I have Gurley and McCaffery as my Rbs and just realized that Howard is playing Detroit in week 12, which is Gurley's bye week. I have a feeling he is going to absolutely feast against the Lions like Crowell, Breida, and Zeke did before him. So I'm thinking Howard is a must hold if you are a Gurley owner at the very least to use as a filler for his bye week. If you are not a Gurley owner, I still think he can be started with confidence against the Lions who he still has 2 games against.

 

Other than those 2 weeks, Howard owners will just need to know when to cut and run and either scoop up someone on the ww or package him in a trade. I know its a tough decision since he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, but it will relieve you of a lot of frustration. I just dropped Deshawn Watson for Jameis Winston and am happy to be off that rollercoaster ride. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.  And yes, I am starting Howard every week.  I think he will always have a decent chance for 100 combined yards and 1 touchdown.  There are not all that many RBs in the NFL that get this kind of volume.  And the blow up game, when it arrives, will be sending stats into my starting lineup, not the bench.


He is a good RB. It just seems currently, he is not ideal for what Nagy wants to run on offense. He seems to be getting phased out more and more. It also doesn't help that Cohen is absolutely crushing it, and makes the offense much more dynamic.

In a ppr league, there is no chance I am starting Howard over Cohen right now. However, I am still fairly confident that once there's snow on the ground and its 5* outside with windchill, Nagy is going to do a 180 and start feeding Howard 25 times a game.

Edited by datsyuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any other sadists out here starting this MF against the Pats this week? I am starting him over Marlon Mack in a 12-team for some reason. I guess I am expecting him to gash a few times and fall into the end zone. 

 

It's interesting he is still ranked as a top 20 RB play on Fantasypros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During draft season, people were expecting Howard to be flame throwing Mario. He has since turned into regular Mario. Not as exciting, but not dead yet.

200px-SMB_W1-1_Glitch1.gif

Edited by Spuds
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way he's being used is straight trash.. I dropped him for Chubb yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 11:20 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Thanks for the thoughts, guys.  And yes, I am starting Howard every week.  I think he will always have a decent chance for 100 combined yards and 1 touchdown.  There are not all that many RBs in the NFL that get this kind of volume.  And the blow up game, when it arrives, will be sending stats into my starting lineup, not the bench.

I used to believe this, but it’s clearly not the case anymore. I was huge advocate of Howard this offseason and the fact of the matter is Nagy ruined any projections one might have. I was wrong. Howard will be lucky to get 1k rushing yards this season bc the HC hates him. Would rather run it with the TE or a wr. Ik Howard doesn’t have fumbling problems but for a guy losing carries to Trey burton I don’t think Nagy will see it that way. I was wrong about Howard this year unfortunately. I’m now considering starting barber and Dj jr over him in standard bc this will not be a close game and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he has less than 10 carries. Best we can hope for now is a trade 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 5:49 AM, sakuraba216 said:

I traded him for Phillip Lindsay. Now, before this post gets deleted for belonging to the assistant coach forum, I wanted to add that it was because I was absolutely terrified of Howard's dependence on TD's to put up double digit numbers. 

 

However, having said that, I have Gurley and McCaffery as my Rbs and just realized that Howard is playing Detroit in week 12, which is Gurley's bye week. I have a feeling he is going to absolutely feast against the Lions like Crowell, Breida, and Zeke did before him. So I'm thinking Howard is a must hold if you are a Gurley owner at the very least to use as a filler for his bye week. If you are not a Gurley owner, I still think he can be started with confidence against the Lions who he still has 2 games against.

 

Other than those 2 weeks, Howard owners will just need to know when to cut and run and either scoop up someone on the ww or package him in a trade. I know its a tough decision since he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, but it will relieve you of a lot of frustration. I just dropped Deshawn Watson for Jameis Winston and am happy to be off that rollercoaster ride. 

 

 

I despise Philip Lindsay. Really this guy drops 90 and a td when I play him this week? In a blowout? Urgggg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, the Ghost of Joe Webb said:

Any other sadists out here starting this MF against the Pats this week? I am starting him over Marlon Mack in a 12-team for some reason. I guess I am expecting him to gash a few times and fall into the end zone. 

 

It's interesting he is still ranked as a top 20 RB play on Fantasypros.

 

He's seeing the bench until the temp drops.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Krambone said:

The way he's being used is straight trash.. I dropped him for Chubb yesterday.

 

I made the same move. At this point, it's a volume play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is setting up well for Chicago.  No Marcus Cannon, no Gronk.  I think the Pats are going to have a tough time blocking the Bears pass rushers.  If Chicago can get a lead, Nagy may want to try to rebuild Jordan Howard's confidence with a touchdown or two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so entertaining watching Nagy look like a dumb a** every week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s looking pretty touchdown dependent as of now. I think he had a second TD called back because of a penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

He’s looking pretty touchdown dependent as of now. I think he had a second TD called back because of a penalty.

 

Same. Talent wasted on this scheme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This is so entertaining watching Nagy look like a dumb a** every week.

I dont even know what to think at this point

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TD-dependent RB3 in PPR leagues.  

 

He's getting virtually no use in the passing game, looks capped at ~15 carries, and is just going to get predictable rushes up the middle.  

 

40-60 ground yards with a 30-40% chance at a TD type player.  

 

Cohen the far superior back in PPR formats. 

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He caught a pass that was not thrown well for a 1st down. He was actually open for a lot of passes but Mitch barely looked his way which is a mistake because he was missing a lot of his WR throws today.

 

The one good thing for Howard owners is that he was kept in the game on 3rd downs for blocking and pass catching which would have been nice if he was thrown to more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I dont even know what to think at this point

 

It's laughably entertaining.

 

This is a game where the obvious goal is to take control of the clock against an elite QB and offense. Chicago had a double digit lead due to their defense (granted, it didn't last).

 

Yet somehow they manage to throw it 50 times with one of the worst QBs in the entire league. This is in a game that was a single score game until mid way through the 4th. 

 

Nagy is an absolute ******** moron. There are no other words. Anyone that thought his antics were legit are absolutely clueless. I would say at this point he HAS to realize that this entire team is built for controlling the clock and grinding down the opponent. However, there is no chance. The dude is way too clueless. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I somehow sold this hot garbage in week 2.  Pleaee try to do the same after his half decent performance today.  Good luck y’all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ponziacs said:

He caught a pass that was not thrown well for a 1st down. He was actually open for a lot of passes but Mitch barely looked his way which is a mistake because he was missing most of his throws all season.

 

The one good thing for Howard owners is that he was kept in the game on 3rd downs for blocking and pass catching which would have been nice if he was thrown to more.

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's laughably entertaining.

 

This is a game where the obvious goal is to take control of the clock against an elite QB and offense. Chicago had a double digit lead due to their defense (granted, it didn't last).

 

Yet somehow they manage to throw it 50 times with one of the worst QBs in the entire league. This is in a game that was a single score game until mid way through the 4th. 

 

Nagy is an absolute ******** moron. There are no other words. Anyone that thought his antics were legit are absolutely clueless. I would say at this point he HAS to realize that this entire team is built for controlling the clock and grinding down the opponent. However, there is no chance. The dude is way too clueless. 

 

The Bears barely lost to a very solid Patriots team and scored 31 points.  This all while having an inconsistent, second-year quarterback.  

 

I'm sorry, but blaming Nagy for your bad pick is getting old.  I'll agree that the way he uses Howard is too predictable.  But acting like the team could just redefine their system to build around Howard - and be a superior offense - is a stretch.  

 

The run blocking does not look nearly good enough for them to be a run-heavy, clock-control offense.  Nor has Howard looked good.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.