ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

20 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

That's what everyone said last week, and the week before. 

No one said that. Why would you trade him before he plays the bills? He’s got Greenbay and  LA in the playoffs. Which has Cohen game script written all over it.

Not getting fair value if you trade. And he's get goal line carries. If the defense continues like this his value goes up. 

Some trade options I saw in here were for cook (who can't stay healthy and can't keep starters touches) and Ingram (who is not worth much with Kamara beasting. Roll him out

18 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Not getting fair value if you trade. And he's get goal line carries. If the defense continues like this his value goes up. 

Some trade options I saw in here were for cook (who can't stay healthy and can't keep starters touches) and Ingram (who is not worth much with Kamara beasting. Roll him out

I am optomistic about Cook but JoHo is getting more involved as the weeks have gone on. I honestly think Nagy is realizing he lost the Miami/NE game because he didn't let Howard kill the game.

11-14-16 point totals over the past three weeks.. Just need 2-3 catches a game and he's back to RB1 status. 

5 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I am optomistic about Cook but JoHo is getting more involved as the weeks have gone on. I honestly think Nagy is realizing he lost the Miami/NE game because he didn't let Howard kill the game.

11-14-16 point totals over the past three weeks.. Just need 2-3 catches a game and he's back to RB1 status. 

Listen to my man here. He knows a thing or two about his hometown Bears. Weather gettin' colder and Nagy learning on the job. JoHo's stock on the rise.

Woot!

to sell or not to sell that is the question

if you can even sell in the first place

28 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

RB1 is stretching it for me right now but definitely back in the weekly RB2 conversation. Especially if the defense continues this play. There does seem to be a shift to feature him more. Right now I wouldn't trade Howard for cook. I get the argument but I don't trust Cooks health. If you had crystal ball and knew cook would be healthy I could see it

Oh Lord now it's the weather and not the defensive TDs, short field and Nagy changing his mind lol

Edited by Guwop

3 hours ago, Guwop said:

RB1 is stretching it for me right now but definitely back in the weekly RB2 conversation. Especially if the defense continues this play. There does seem to be a shift to feature him more. Right now I wouldn't trade Howard for cook. I get the argument but I don't trust Cooks health. If you had crystal ball and knew cook would be healthy I could see it

But that’s the point of the trade. If you knew he was gonna stay healthy then cook would obviously be the better option between the two. I guess the way I’m looking at it is “will Howard help me for 3 weeks in the playoffs?”. The answer imo is no, at least one game he’ll put up 4-7 points. That’s why I’m thinking you could sell for someone like cook who has more upside with the risk that this time he stays healthy. 

This guy reminds me a lot of latravius Murray when he played for Oakland. Both power runners who find the end zone a good amount. But on the days they don’t score.....

Before this week I trade JoHo and John Brown for Keenan Allen and Ekeler, and even though he scores twice I am very happy with the trade.  Can't trust Howard going forward

• Like 1

Nagy should design a screen or two for him. They have zero interest throwing him the ball and other teams can see that. At least show the threat Howard might do something besides run or pass block.

He has been good the past few weeks but it is tough to have confidence in this guy and if he doesn't score a TD his line isn't likely to be pretty. I think he is a RB2 but I'd have a hard time rating him any higher than that especially since you can't even really go off matchup or predicted game script since Nagy. 

45 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

This guy reminds me a lot of latravius Murray when he played for Oakland. Both power runners who find the end zone a good amount. But on the days they don’t score.....

They're absolutely nothing alike in terms of how they play. Murray is a straight line burst runner who has great speed but is horrible laterally. Howard is almost the complete opposite.

However, in terms of stat line yes he may be similar. He is on pace for a season similar to that of Murray in 2016.  

1 hour ago, Jrt80 said:

But that’s the point of the trade. If you knew he was gonna stay healthy then cook would obviously be the better option between the two. I guess the way I’m looking at it is “will Howard help me for 3 weeks in the playoffs?”. The answer imo is no, at least one game he’ll put up 4-7 points. That’s why I’m thinking you could sell for someone like cook who has more upside with the risk that this time he stays healthy. 

Basically I think we're thinking on similar terms. If I was willing to gamble on cook staying healthy then I'd by in on the upside because he's capable of producing when healthy. Howard is definitely on shaky ground due to relying on TDs. If the cook owner is wavering now would definitely be the time to make the trade 

Would love for Nagy to really get this guy going. 20+ touches a game would be a godsend for Howard. I just hate trying to figure out who to start between Howard and Cohen, and it would seem that since it's getting to be that time of the year, Nagy might start really featuring Howard more. Fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pdog109 said:

to sell or not to sell that is the question

if you can even sell in the first place

Been trying to sell for weeks. 

This may be the week.

Just got a bite on giving up J. Howard (and A. Collins)...two RBs I don't think I can ever trust...for Brees and J. Cook (I'm a gronk owner).

May take it.

16 fantasy points in PPR.

And it’s not even cold yet.  League winner guys.

I think he's an easy sell if you can get a decent return.  Still averaging only 3.5 YPC and he gets absolutely zero work in the passing game now.

TDs are boosting his value obviously but in PPR leagues, that will make or break his weeks.  He has 1 reception in the past 5 games...that just won't cut it in a PPR format.

Edited by ludawg23

Not sure what his value is at this point. I think you can probably pull a Josh Gordon/Emmanuel Sanders type if you are WR desperate. 

He looks to be on the uptick though, as everyone mentioned the weather is getting colder and I don't believe that the Rams and Packers in week 14 and 15 are a worry. In a perfect world Mack will be healthy and then Rams/Packers offensive owners will be worrying about the matchup, not to mention the Bears are at home both games. 

25 minutes ago, K197040 said:

16 fantasy points in PPR.

And it’s not even cold yet.  League winner guys.

More like "close, but not enough"  ...16 pts in ppr will not get a team thru the ff playoffs.

1 hour ago, datsyuk said:

Would love for Nagy to really get this guy going. 20+ touches a game would be a godsend for Howard. I just hate trying to figure out who to start between Howard and Cohen, and it would seem that since it's getting to be that time of the year, Nagy might start really featuring Howard more. Fingers crossed.

I've been forced to start both until it shakes out. Outside of defensive dominant games they both have the potential to out up points

Think you gotta keep rolling with him unless you're WR needy and set at RB. Cant see anyone taking a Howard+WR for a RB upgrade

Thinking about trading him, but does anyone actually think he can keep this up? Goes against DET next 2/3 weeks who are giving up the most rushing yards per game by any team and I think 2nd most ypc? 

P.s May have changed after yesterday but still bottom of the barrel 

Edited by FantasyGOAT

Another positive game script where he hardly touches the ball when they're up big.  His first touchdown came two minutes into the second quarter on his seventh touch and put the score at 7-0.  He basically had half his carries in one quarter when the game was scoreless.  The other three quarters, as the Bears are going up by more and more, he carries it a total of seven more times.

Maybe the nature of the play calling and game flow will continue to be conducive to Howard scoring TDs, but it's hard to be confident in depending on touchdowns with so few touches.  Still hope to never have to start this guy in either of the leagues I have him in.

4 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Another positive game script where he hardly touches the ball when they're up big.  His first touchdown came two minutes into the second quarter on his seventh touch and put the score at 7-0.  He basically had half his carries in one quarter when the game was scoreless.  The other three quarters, as the Bears are going up by more and more, he carries it a total of seven more times.

Maybe the nature of the play calling and game flow will continue to be conducive to Howard scoring TDs, but it's hard to be confident in depending on touchdowns with so few touches.  Still hope to never have to start this guy in either of the leagues I have him in.

Nagy seems to want to have Scrubisky throw it as much as he can, whether blowout or close game. Guess he wants to continue giving him game time experience and try to develop him into a real QB. 

• Like 1