ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

I guess we will find out. I'm starting Howard over Cohen this week because I feel like it will be a run heavy game script where Chicago doesn't have to play catch up. Whether or not it works out for me is another story. 

agreed for this week, as howard goes up against this guy:

damon-harrison-close-up.jpg

next week, stash him so far down on your bench as possible, because howard goes up against this:

detroit-lions-v-minnesota-vikings-5bdf65

5th-batch-vikings042seqn.jpg?w=620

33 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

next week, stash him so far down on your bench as possible, because howard goes up against this:

Howard is going up against the Vikings on Dancing With The Stars?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

So instead of using all the information out there showing how terrible Detroit is against the run you decided that the best evidence for their run stopping ability is posting a picture of one defender?

Alright...

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

So instead of using all the information out there showing how terrible Detroit is against the run you decided that the best evidence for their run stopping ability is posting a picture of one defender?

Alright...

i chose a pictorial representation showing, START howard this week and SIT howard next week. it's factual and entertaining. you choose to attack my post. whose post is more productive for our howard thread?

11 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

i chose a pictorial representation showing, START howard this week and SIT howard next week. it's factual and entertaining. you choose to attack my post. whose post is more productive for our howard thread?

Your post is more productive. My post was never intended to be productive.

• Haha 2

Trying to decide between Howard or Fournette in my flex tomorrow. Hard to trust either one this season, but leaning a little more towards Howard simply because health concerns have not been an issue for him. 

Looks like it's only gonna be in the mid to upper 30's tomorrow, so guess we'll see if there's any credence to this whole running the ball more in colder weather thing. 

On 11/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Howard sucks regardless of what numbers you use and was a wasted pick no matter where you got him. He is so JAG that he is a below average JAG

So, I'm getting the impression that you don't have a Jordan Howard jersey hanging up in your closet...

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

Trying to decide between Howard or Fournette in my flex tomorrow. Hard to trust either one this season, but leaning a little more towards Howard simply because health concerns have not been an issue for him. 

Looks like it's only gonna be in the mid to upper 30's tomorrow, so guess we'll see if there's any credence to this whole running the ball more in colder weather thing. 

Still not quite cold enough.

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

Start your studs. Starting Leonard is a no brained. 

1 minute ago, dmody91 said:

Leonard is no stud

• Like 1

What are the thoughts on Jordan Howard over Aaron Jones? I feel like Howard will see the endzone again but concerned about his yardage. Cohen is always there to possibly steal red zone targets as well...

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Leonard is no stud

Marrone is no Nagy.

Fournette will get 10-15 more touches than Howard. Minimum

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Teeze334 said:

What are the thoughts on Jordan Howard over Aaron Jones? 

I am also having trouble with this decision again this week.  Went with Jones last week, luckily I still won.  I think Jones is the safer play because he gets a consistent amount of usage no matter the game plan, and then there's  a chance Howard is barely in the plan at all.

58 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Marrone is no Nagy.

I'd bet money on that. 

3 hours ago, dmody91 said:

Since when is starting L. Fournette a no brainer? 

The guy is more likely to be ruled out of the game due to a hang nail vs. get 15 carries.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Marrone is no Nagy.

He won’t have that much total before some part of his body decides that it rather not work.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

He won’t have that much total before some part of his body decides that it rather not work.

That’s just it though; Howard’s only chance to outperform Fournette is counting on a Fournette injury. And you are counting on it happening in the first half.

50 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

That’s just it though; Howard’s only chance to outperform Fournette is counting on a Fournette injury. And you are counting on it happening in the first half.

I'll bank on Leonard's hammy pulling up again. You can't predict how the hamstring muscle will react day in and day out. That alone will make him run hesitant. 

9 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Leonard is no stud

I "liked" your answer because I think I know what you mean: a healthy Fournette is a studly stud. However, he isn't always healthy, and Howard may be a safer choice.

I honestly hope Fournette stays healthy, because he is a joy to watch, but I'm also very happy my plans of drafting him didn't come to fruition (Kamara fell to me). 

However, if Fournette would have been offered for my Howard... Not sure what I'd do.

Crazy that a starting RB on a defensive minded 6-3 team, might be my most droppable player.

Who has more value, this guy or spencer ware (not joking). 

On 11/10/2018 at 3:44 PM, FreakFries said:

Marrone is no Nagy.

L Fournette: 29 touches

J Howard;    12 touches 

+17 for Fournette 

6 of Howard’s carriers came in the last 3 minutes of the game and they were all up the middle with Howard several times lining up 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

That’s it.

It’s time to drop Howard.

Guy is worthless.

• Thanks 1