ajs723

Jordan Howard 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Was it cold it enough during the game?

When will winter come so that I can start him confidently? ?

Edited by Guwop

30 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Didnt watch the game, eh?

What the 11 rushes for 22 yards?

46 minutes ago, petekrum said:

He’s not a good RB.

His stats haven't been good most of the time, but it doesn't help when you sit the bench most of the game.  He had 2 carries in the first half.

I'm guessing we'll never know what he did to Nagy in the preseason or early this season to get treated as an afterthought most of the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

His stats haven't been good most of the time, but it doesn't help when you sit the bench most of the game.  He had 2 carries in the first half.

I'm guessing we'll never know what he did to Nagy in the preseason or early this season to get treated as an afterthought most of the time.

Nagy is a moron, the bad thing is they keep winning

really hate this team and everything about it

stupid trashbisky a QB1, what a joke.

never would have thought it

what a bung hole

really hate him and the rest of the bears

32 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

what a bung hole

Yeah man what a moron, I can't believe they are #1 in the NFC north. I can't believe he isn't feeding Howard who has actually had some pretty good stats this season (2 YPC). Trubisky sucks so bad I can't believe they keep forcing him to pass, he's the highest scoring QB this week, talk about trash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, n4sa said:

Yeah man what a moron, I can't believe they are #1 in the NFC north. I can't believe he isn't feeding Howard who has actually had some pretty good stats this season (2 YPC). Trubisky sucks so bad I can't believe they keep forcing him to pass, he's the highest scoring QB this week, talk about trash.

They didn't use him the entire game, then when the game was out of hand they ran him up the middle repeatedly when the defense knew exactly what they would do every play. You pulled this crap a month ago (where have you been since?) but anybody that's watching the games knows why his yards per carry is what it is.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, n4sa said:

bears team is a sand castle on the beach.

when the tide comes in it will get destroyed.

screw the trash bears.

garbage team.

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

They didn't use him the entire game, then when the game was out of hand they ran him up the middle repeatedly when the defense knew exactly what they would do every play. You pulled this crap a month ago (where have you been since?) but anybody that's watching the games knows why his yards per carry is what it is.

They didn't use him because they didn't need him. Howard could be a good RB on a team that can use him but blaming Nagy and the bears for not using him is laughable. Nagy obviously knows what he's doing. We are at that point in the season now where his usage is questionable for fantasy but makes complete sense in real football.

Everything I said about Howard a month ago has not changed. 

Edited by n4sa

I posted a write up from two fantasy analysts who had Howard at the top of their sell high list before today with some very good reasons to get rid of him ASAP, those who held on missed their window. Kinda like the people who ignore evacuation warnings and get stranded in a storm :P

Edited by Dexter75

7 minutes ago, n4sa said:

They didn't use him because they didn't need him. Howard could be a good RB on a team that can use him but blaming Nagy and the bears for not using him is laughable. Nagy obviously knows what he's doing. We are at that point in the season now where his usage is questionable for fantasy but makes complete sense in real football.

Everything I said about Howard a month ago has not changed. 

Throwing the ball every single week in the second half when you have a massive lead and allowing teams to close the gap? Yeah, that makes complete sense in real football if you know nothing about football.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

I posted a write up from two fantasy analysts who had Howard at the top of their sell high list before today with some very good reasons to get rid of him ASAP, those who held on missed their widow. Kinda like the people who ignore evacuation warnings and get stranded in a storm :P

Hard to sell when no one is buying.

Moron fantasy "analysts" say sell hi but don't factor in common sense. Who is buying garbage? No one.

Your i told you so post, its helpful though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jujuonthebeat said:

Throwing the ball every single week in the second half when you have a massive lead and allowing teams to close the gap? Yeah, that makes complete sense in real football if you know nothing about football.

They are 6-3 and on top of their division. So there's that...

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

The Bears are still trying to put things together, but the defense is elite.  There should be no question about that.  OL is good, Cohen is awesome, all new WR/TE core of Robinson/Miller/Gabriel/Burton.  And then Money Mitch putting up crazy stats even though he’s still raw.

You don’t have to be particularly intelligent to see that the Bears are a dangerous team.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

The Bears are still trying to put things together, but the defense is elite.  There should be no question about that.  OL is good, Cohen is awesome, all new WR/TE core of Robinson/Miller/Gabriel/Burton.  And then Money Mitch putting up crazy stats even though he’s still raw.

You don’t have to be particularly intelligent to see that the Bears are a dangerous team.

You also don’t have to be particularly intelligent to see that they’re not a threat whatsoever to any of the truly dangerous teams. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gohawks said:

You also don’t have to be particularly intelligent to see that they’re not a threat whatsoever to any of the truly dangerous teams. 

If you say so.  Maybe start paying closer attention to the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

I posted a write up from two fantasy analysts who had Howard at the top of their sell high list before today with some very good reasons to get rid of him ASAP, those who held on missed their widow. Kinda like the people who ignore evacuation warnings and get stranded in a storm :P

I tried like hell to sell last week.  No one was dumb enough to buy

• Like 5

Everyone in here complaining is just JH homers. I own him and the guy sucks. Four games he has rushed for under 3ypc, only two game is he over 4 ypc. Here are his rushes today: 9, 1, 1, 2, 5, -2, 2, 3, -2, 1, 1. He has 9 yards on his first carry, that means he managed 12 yards on his following 10 carries. People wanting Naggy to continue to pound the ball with him aren't watching the games. Whether he fits Nagy's scheme or not, he isn't playing well. You can make the argument that Howard isn't meant for this offense, not every new coach can integrate all the players he was given. Bottom line is Howard isn't playing well this season. To be fair, Nagy looks a lot better than Howard. Nagy has increased their scoring a ton this season, JH numbers have gone down a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I posted a write up from two fantasy analysts who had Howard at the top of their sell high list before today with some very good reasons to get rid of him ASAP, those who held on missed their window. Kinda like the people who ignore evacuation warnings and get stranded in a storm :P

Actually, ignoring fantasy analysts isn't always a bad thing.  Sometimes you're better off ignoring them.  Unfortunately they were right this time, but one thing does make it silly.  Like somebody else said, the market for Howard wasn't very good, so it's not like he was a true sell high option anyways.

I'm glad it makes you feel better that people are stuck with a RB that the coach doesn't want to use.  Anybody else can say it's not Nagy's fault and that they don't need him, but yet he's the one that obviously doesn't like him and it's not like Howard hasn't had success in the past.  You don't get 1,600+ total yards in your rookie year by accident, and you can almost throw out this year's YPC since he's being used horribly.  He was being run up the middle over and over once the game was out of hand today.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Guwop said:

Was it cold it enough during the game?

When will winter come so that I can start him confidently? ?

Nope he heeds the weather to be a little colder...

top 5 back ROS

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jujuonthebeat said:

They could be 8-1 if they did just that. I think Nagy learned from his mistakes, pedal to the metal. This team is dangerous. 

4 hours ago, pdog109 said:

what a bung hole

Great post about Jordan Howard. 

Oh wait...

4 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Nope he heeds the weather to be a little colder...

top 5 back ROS

No chance even when the weather gets worse. It’s obvious Nagy doesn’t see him as a fit for this offense. Hardly used him all season & suddenly he’s gonna be a workhorse? No way. He’ll be gone next season. Get anything you can for him at this point

• Like 1